It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you love yourself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This environment in which we all live has proved the ideal environment for cultivating fear, mistrust and even hatred. Making it increasingly difficult to share love in such a negative environment. Not the love that depends on some form of payment, even acknowledgement, in return. But true love, that requires nothing in return but the joy in sharing.

Before we can extend our unconditional love to others. We first must learn to love our self unconditionally. Telling ourselves that we deserve our love and affection more so than anybody else in the universe. Developing inner positive energy that will eventually dissapate all negative energies. Allowing us to extend unconditional love to others, without judgement, nor reward.

Do you love yourself?

I think you should.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Since the lockdown....

2 or 3 times a day...Maybe throw in an extra on sunday if there is eggs and sausage for breakfest...

edit on 14-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Do you love yourself?

I think you should.

No.

I don't hate myself either. Maybe i would, maybe i should, but hate is too strong emotion for me to handle. I once fed it. Boogeyman called hatred. With my negative emotions and feelings. The boogeyman grew stronger than what i was, and was about to swallow me whole. I was facing a choice. To die, or to kill the hatred within. There is no hate anymore. There is strong dislike towards many things but no hate.

I liked your OP.

I never judge. I am not in such a position and i do not hold such authority. If judging begins, i am the first one to fall.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I love your your honesty, I love you being non judgemental, those are two amazing virtue's. I wish I could be as honest and non-jugamental as you. But often fail. The thing is, we are all born in a environment that continually bombards us with seeking rewards. Commercials, Jobs, needing affections of friends, family and partners. It all plays its part in creating negative forces within us.

We need develop more positive energy to overcome all that negative energy

You need to learn to love ourself again.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Yes, I love me.

I love me very very much.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I love your your honesty, I love you being non judgemental, those are two amazing virtue's. I wish I could be as honest and non-jugamental as you. But often fail.

Yeah, that is what you got from my reply. I understand that. But i am a lot of other things also. Like an alcoholic with mental health problems.

You are not failing anything at the moment, you are being here for us and you are being sincere.

My best wishes towards you and the fine nation of Australia.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yes, I love me.

If I walked around saying "I love me", my wife would probably hit me on the head with the big maple rolling pin.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Yes, I love me.

If I walked around saying "I love me", my wife would probably hit me on the head with the big maple rolling pin.

Funny you mention that. I used to do that with my wife just for fun.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

But why are you judging youself negatively when you admitted you do not judge others. You need to learn compassion for yourself. Understanding that those faults are not your self but negativity that abides within yourself.

If you had the strength to destroy the boogeyman, you have the strength to destroy all other negativities.

But first you need learn compassion and love for yourself to create positive energy to destroy the negative energy,

Love yourself.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Yes, I love me.

trick is to just say all the time... I love you, to yourself. She will think you getting affectionate.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

But why are you judging youself negatively when you admitted you do not judge others.

Why?

Well i can just be honest. Look, i have not murdered anyone. I have not even been stealing from anyone. But in my past, i have manipulated my fellow human beings to fulfill my own desires. I have made my mom cry. And therefore, i am not anyone, and i deserve this pain.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So the child within can again realize all the love and happiness that still exists within your heart. It cries out to be heard. But its drowned by all all that negativity that encompasses it.

When we start learning compassion, and love for ourself, we cannot expect miracles overnight. But the more positive energy we build. The more able we are to overcome that negative energy. Yes you will fall, and yes you can stand up once more.

You deserve all the love you can muster for youself. Not one ounce less.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm sorry to rain on your thread but every time people mention "the inner child" it gives me the creeps. The "Chucky" kind of creeps. I never understand what people find so compelling in this "inner child" nonsense. I thought that the whole point was to grow up and stop being a spoiled selfish child?
I think a better way to create positive energy is to be grateful for everything you got, all the time. That is a more mature approach to life. More empowering.

I don't believe I need to love myself. I AM myself. There's no little child scared and crying inside me. There's isn't one inside you either, is just imagination.

As for what I deserve I believe I got exactly what I deserve and I deserve exactly what I got. The good, the bad and everything in between. Is not like the Universe made a mistake with me and gave me something I don't deserve.

Real compassion is found when you stop worrying so much about your need to be loved and focus on the needs of others. Otherwise is just sweet spiritual nonsense to make you feel good about yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

The "Chucky" kind of creeps.

Perhaps "inner child" was wrong choice of words. I was trying to convey "inner self" without all the baggage that we burden ourselves with, from birth. Baggage unwittingly transferred to us from parents. Baggage purposely imprinted on our belief system from media. The "inner self" without the ideology, that self worth directly corresponds to attainment of power and/or materilism.

I don't believe I need to love myself.

Our differences I suspect comes down to our differing definition of love.

The concept of true love is often misconstrued. Many people believe they are in true love with their partner. But DNA programs us with very strong desires to propagate. Rewarding us chemically when we succeed. So our desires to be special, smartest, strongest, richest, most handsome/beautiful are all desires to increase our chances to successfully propogate to fulfil our dna programming. So the great many people that go into a relationship want something in return for their "love". When people don't recieve their full payback, they fall out of chemical love, never realizing, that were never in true love in the first place.

True love is understanding, kindness and compassion without any seeking of rewards. Understanding the root cause of all our sufferings/dissatisfactions. Having the compassion to help end all those sufferings/dissatisfactions through immense kindness.

Before we can extend that love to others we first have to love ourselves. To love our self means to be in continuous connection with our true essence. Our true essense is uncondittional love for all.
edit on 15-4-2020 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That is clearer now. Thank you for taking the time to explain it.

top topics

join