It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we trapped in the Saturn cube?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Yaldabaoth Demiurge?

Along the lines of a Neoplatonic school of philosophy?

The Archons in Gnosticism and religions are indeed rather interesting.

Take for instance what the Holy Roman Church of St Peter did to the Cathars.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If Descartes description of mental (the domain of unextention) and physics (the domain of extention) is on point, it is then impossible to perceive the mental domain.

Hence, no materialist will ever have any definitive proof of the mental domain within the materialist paradigm, since it revolves around perception.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnorantGod

So people may argue the dualism of Descartes ruined our mental health.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

And I would sit there, look at them, and ponder if there's any objective definition of mental health.
edit on 4 16 2020 by IgnorantGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

To be sane in an insane world is simply counterproductive is it not?

I would argue humanity displays a form of collective insanity considering the definition is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

We refuse to learn from one generation to the next and seem doomed to repeat our ancestor's past historical transgressions.

Our penchant for destruction, and capacity for evil, is unmatched in the animal kingdom.

Humanity its a bit like watching the rinse and repeat cycle of a washing machine, the scenery changes but the colours remain the same.
edit on 16-4-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I prefer Heraclitus rivers metaphor. Though, I would argue that "doing the same thing over and over" is more of an emotional response than insanity. Mostly done by anger and ego, but also in smaller proportion, fear and wellness.

Any system is oriented toward conservatism, for conservatism is also stability. Consciousness is a system just like the body with which it is tied. Thus, they thrive toward conservatism/stability, especially when the subject is aware of the ever-changing state of the "external".

Emotional responses are related to stability, rational responses are related to changes, what hasn't changes in humanity is its stuborness toward emotions. Antiquities philosophers were already in the path to abandon emotions for logos, but it wasn't the opinion of generality.

Is it some obscur (in the sense of unperceivable/invisible) force that kept humanity in emotional paradigm or is it just plain laziness toward efforts needed to learn logos and abandon emotions? I lean to believe at the latter, without dismissing the former.

Our "evil" capacity is unmatch for the sole reason "evil" is not an "external" object. It is an "internal" subject. There's is no "good" nor "evil" without consciousness to apply it. For it is an efficient mental development system. It generates ingeniousness, while keeping stability and survival (more conscious time means more conscious development).

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Well, anyhoo its been nice spitballing some of the little idiosyncrasies of philosophy and the human condition with you.

Personally i think we are a shower of mad bastards, the majority of such, like the # that "they" are shoveling in our direction.

As to paradigms, we have been following the same one since time immemorial, hence the reason the status quo remains the same.

Might get a new one from all this Covid palaver all the same, for better or for worse, ile wish in one hand and crap in the other, see which one fills up first.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

For my part, there's no better or worse, as there's no good or evil. All there is, is the ever-changing state of everything, our subjective experience of it and what we decide to take from these experiences.

No matter how this situation evolves, it's gonna be interesting.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Good and evil are very human constructs, nature entertains no such illusion.

We have a great capacity to empathize and overcome almost insurmountable obstacles in our path as well as the nasty traits that we have in tow.

Change is inevitable and we do live in some very interesting times indeed.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

So let's sit and watch the world burn.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Standing room only I'm afraid unless you posses an Ivory tower.

edit on 17-4-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Most intriguing aspect of the mind, I can take anything for an ivory tower, I just have to close my mind to any other opinion and it's done. My very own ivory tower. From nothing comes everything.

Good and evil are very human constructs

I would add that it's not a human constructs per se, rather it is a consciousness construct, which originate from subconsciousness emotional stimuli.
edit on 4 17 2020 by IgnorantGod because: Add moar!!

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
As others have observed, the hexagon atop Saturn can be construed as a cube (draw three lines from non-neighbouring angles of a hexagon -- meeting in the middle -- to get a 2D representation of a cube). This loosely ties in with the alchemical idea of 'squaring the circle', which has many possible responses, one of which is drawing a circle around a square.

This further fits in with alchemical thought: Saturn was/is identified with lead, the base matter that transmutes into gold. The 'square within a circle' equates to a cube fitting within a sphere (or the 3D representation of a 2D concept), ie: a hexagon (2D cube) existing with a roughly spherical planet (Saturn).
edit on 17-4-2020 by Saturnschild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You want to be avoiding those ivory towers mate not be constructing them metaphysically or otherwise.

Plenty of conscious animals that fail to comprehend the ideology of good/evil nor entertain such a delusion, and they manage to make their way through life.

edit on 18-4-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Logos is the last bastion I'm willing to bet on in relation to reality. I was lost for three years in some twisted and obscur nihilism. I bet my last hope of having an objective reality on mathematics and pure logic. Nothing else, perception be damned.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well, if God speaks any language its apt to be mathematics.

Phi, Pi, G and all that jazz.

In the end and also the beginning, and in everything in-between, from viruses to spiral galaxies, the Golden ratio is apparent.

Take for instance how Saturn reveals a golden ratio phi relationship in several of its dimensions, a closer look at Saturn's rings reveals a darker inner ring which exhibits the same golden section proportion as the brighter outer ring.
edit on 19-4-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Don't forget Hellraiser. The Lamentation Configuration. The cube in it is a prison dimension and if inverted and opened up, it lets out the cenobites, a hellish demonic race of beings who feed off violence.

edit on 4/19/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
And I don't know where or how it fits in, but I know many who believe in a joint quarantine theory/prison planet theory an a simulated universe theory have discussed somehow that the hexagon on Saturn (a cube when viewed as 2 dimensional, and the moon somehow work together with Saturn being the origin that projects the matrix reality for us to receive here on earth and it is such a powerful broadcast it is inescapable and somehow it works in tandem with the so called Aliens (but in reality, demon/fallen angels/ interdimensional robotic beings who work for the archons which feed on us (our fear, hatred, and negativity)) who are on the moon and who they have there running the reincarnation process machinery by which souls of the departed are coaxed there at death and fed into a soul recycling machine which puts them into new bodies over and over so the human farm of earth we are trapped in never ceases to end and will always have conflict.

Many are so certain about this somehow that they warn people whatever you do at death, don't go into the light! The family members waiting for you, Christ welcoming you into his warmth, God calling to you, it is all a trick to keep people trapped here forever in a never ending reincarnation which is a total waste of our potential as infinite beings of immortality. I have heard them say you instead first need to just remind yourself you are all powerful and can travel the universe at will and it may be as simple as avoiding the light tunnel and just looking over your shoulder at the vastness of space the other direction and just will your soul thatta way and it may be all it takes to break the cycle which is why there's always such tantalizing bait offered that nobody could resist they make it seem awaiting you.

edit on 4/19/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well, that's rather deep.

Have to wonder if some poor wee wean that lives 20km away from a clean water source and will never see a schoolroom nevermind tertiary education would make of the assessment?

Perspective being the female dog that she is.

You play the hand you are dealt with the tools you have at your disposal, but like i said geography and social circumstance generally rule the colour of the day, not without exception, after all there is always hope and chance.

But if we choose to come to earth 101 and plan our gifts and challenges and potential help along the way - knowing we will have free will and a clean slate... the goal is enlightenment we may all be in Africa one like an NY another. We cannot judge the homeless person for picking too many challenges. It might be us in the multiverse.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

And the ones that die in childbirth or before they make there 5 birthday, what do they learn, what experience do they get to take with them to possible oblivion?

You could have the strongest, most perfect DNA on the planet, but if you don't have any clean water or food sources you still die in the dirt like any other animal.

My opinion social circumstance and geography supersede genetics, at least in this imperfect world, and for quite some time to come.

And if there are contracts? Many souls come in and out just as a quick touch point or a karmic reason or to make others aware of how precious life is.

We do not know what it entails to come to life on earth.

The ability to manifest a reality in NY or Zambia as a person or a blade of grass... I believe we chose to forget how we do this and to just experience it.

If you were told the day you would die, would you live differently?? If you were told you were infinite would you live differently?

Yes there is a box. We are very powerful beings but to make reality easier - some perimeters are facilitated.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join