It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to get things moving , East coast Governors are getting restless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
And liquor but not house paint.
Weed but not weed killer.I

As landscaping companies circle the bowl.

edit on Wed Apr 15 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Her plan is draconian, not about safety.

I like how you can still gamble but not grow food. I should post a recipe for non-winning scratch off ticket lasagna.

The things are so strange. I can Buy a Ceiling Fan or Roofing Supplies at Home Depot But not Paint?

On a side note, I'm noticing more and more businesses opening on my travels out. People won't obey such draconian measures for long.

Watch how quick these Governor's open things up once the Federal Unemployment Funds Dry up.

edit on 15-4-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Sillyolme

None of these issues are limited to food. Toilet paper is another hot commodity that is largely produced for institutional purposes. The smaller fraction sold directly to consumers (the good stuff) is a tiny portion of their manufacturing output.

As ridiculous as it is as people are STILL hoarding TP and paper towels (people that didn’t and now can’t find anything), wouldn’t it make sense if they sell the industrial products to the general public next to the “good stuff”?

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Yes please, and gyms too. My muscles are shriveling up. Each workout station has a bottle of disinfectant and wipes. J/K on my atrophy, but it does feel like it missing gym.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Maybe? It takes time to retool to package (or repackage) these goods for individual sale. Worse, what if they go through the trouble and expense and nobody buys institutional (one-ply, not "soft and perfumed") tp?

If it is cheaper to warehouse it than it is to repackage, it gets warehoused. If it becomes cheaper to burn it than warehouse it...

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse
OMG. No.
That doesn't sound a little out there and silly to you?

It sounds like a normal political power struggle to me, both sides do that, but in this case it is the liberal states that are taking advantage of it at this time.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Watch how quick these Governor's open things up once the Federal Unemployment Funds Dry up.

If they wait 3 months for that they'll be riots and mayhem.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Why repackage? They are all individually wrapped already, then boxed in 25-50 roll boxes or so. You ever buy the black and white no name brand back in the day? Same thing.

Just lay the rolls out for a buck a roll, everyone wins.

Edit: When there’s nothing left to buy, why would they not be able to sell the industrial stuff, have you not ever stayed in a hotel? That’s the same thing as industrial.
edit on 15-4-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Bar codes, inventory management, taxes. Institutional tp and paper towels are (often) not packaged for individual sale (as is).

EDIT: I'm not arguing that people would never buy it. I am saying it's not as easy to get the product into individual consumer hands as one might think. There are mountains of regulations for consumer packaging that would have to be altered or suspended, for example.
edit on 15-4-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: CraftyArrow

What checks?
The only payments made to date are automatic deposit. There are no checks out there yet.

Sure there is checks out there... lots of them being cashed right now.... Have you never heard of a checkbook?
Do you even have a bank account? : O

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Why repackage? They are all individually wrapped already, then boxed in 25-50 roll boxes or so. You ever buy the black and white no name brand back in the day? Same thing.

Just lay the rolls out for a buck a roll, everyone wins.

Edit: When there’s nothing left to buy, why would they not be able to sell the industrial stuff, have you not ever stayed in a hotel? That’s the same thing as industrial.

I read a few weeks ago that the toilet paper manufactures are working hard but usually half their sales if industry. And everybody's dumping at home so more home paper sales. Now when everybody goes back to work all will be fine again.!!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

It's all a show, because...

New York revises the death toll to add 3,700 people whom they suspect could have had coronavirus when they died.

news.yahoo.com...

Relatives must be notified and request revised death certificates!

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

It is not the time it is the stupid rules

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Alright no need for dramatics. No one is starving to death.

Really?

That’s the argument being played out by the triggered right.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

That is rather bizarre. Wonder why not paint?
Its on the shelves at Ace we went the other day to replace a pipe in the bathroom. 100 year old house ugh. Glad I could get the pipe. I was looking at paint colors while my hubby got the pipe he needed.
They also had garden stuff and no sections were roped off but Ace is small anyway compared to Lowes or Home Depot.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I am ready for the giant toilet paper rolls.
Bring em on.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Her plan is draconian, not about safety.

I like how you can still gamble but not grow food. I should post a recipe for non-winning scratch off ticket lasagna.

On a side note, I'm noticing more and more businesses opening on my travels out. People won't obey such draconian measures for long.

We circled the 'burbs today on a quest to find an open Chinese take-out restaurant (did finally find one) and I noticed several "non-essentials" open (comic book store was open, vacuum repair shop was open, decor store was open, etc) and noticed numerous landscaping trailers parked at houses & businesses, doing their thing. I think we're in full "MAKE ME, WITCH" mode now. That was at 5pm, if no one turned 'em in after a full day of "non-essential" operation, they're not going to any other day, either.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: GraffikPleasure
The ports are open.
Limited but open.
The goods are being shipped.

Context is key... Pennsylvania has no shores
edit on 19-4-2020 by GraffikPleasure because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join