It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to get things moving , East coast Governors are getting restless

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Several east coast Gov's are planning a pact to reopen business along the east coast

While I'm not a fan of CNN, they are a reliable source when it comes to Political news though they will put the own spin on it none the less we can read between the lines .

Hopefully this is light at the end of the tunnel .

States Governors need to keep there pockets lined people its time to get back to living life , pandemic be d a m n e d
edit on 14-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: mis spell

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Good , maybe I won't have to listen to Whitmer from Michigan much longer

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The governors are seeing State revenues plummet and they don't like it.

Fewer workers and fewer Shoppers has equated to a 67% drop in Illinois revenue.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The governors of California Oregon and Washington are also Banning together to plan reopening the West Coast.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

What is the strict order that she placed ?? A lot of people dont like what she did.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The governors of California Oregon and Washington are also Banning together to plan reopening the West Coast.

I was hoping as much, States are taking things into there own hands .

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

the governor of Michigan expanded the order until the end of April? isnt that inline with the majoritty of other governors? I don;t know if I understand the need to recall her if all the other governors are doing the same thing??

www.nbcnews.com... politics/politics-news/michigan-gov-whitmer-faces-fierce-backlash-over-strict-stay-home-n1182711

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I've said from the start that the damage to the economy will be worse than the damage done by the virus.
Start the damn engine...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

the governor of Michigan expanded the order until the end of April? isnt that inline with the majoritty of other governors? I don;t know if I understand the need to recall her if all the other governors are doing the same thing??

www.nbcnews.com... politics/politics-news/michigan-gov-whitmer-faces-fierce-backlash-over-strict-stay-home-n1182711

You really haven't heard much about the specifics, have you? It's a hot mess of excessive restrictions and contradictions here.

No interacting with others from other households, not even family or the neighbor right next door.

No motorized watercraft allowed. Meaning if I have a Tahoe or jet ski, I can't go out to the lake with it. BUT if I have a kayak, paddle board, canoe, etc, I can haul those out to the lake til kingdom come. Makes no effing sense there.

Gardening supplies are not essential supplies. We WERE planning on a tomato & herb container garden this year, but cannot buy the soil or plants now, or even seeds, because they're not essential purchases. But booze & lotto tickets still are. Growing food = not essential. Buying booze and gambling = essential. Say what? o.O

I don't know if it was rectified yet or not, the outcry & backlash was pretty strong, but child car seats are in the Not Essential category. So if you have a baby during this crap, and need to buy a car seat (if you didn't already buy one) to get it home, good luck with that.

If you own a second property/home in the state, you may not so much as go to check on it. If there's weather damage (we're prone to spring wind storms here) or some bugout squatter in it, tough, you're not going to know because you cant go there. However, if you're from out-of-state and own a cabin/cottage/acreage, you may go to it. Because screw the folks in-state.

It's # like that, that is pissing people off here in Michigan. The stay-at-home order is only part of the equation, the excessive and nonsensical restrictions are the lion's share of the beef.
edit on 4/14/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Not to make light of people dying. Nobody wants that but bombing an entire railway system because of a few carts of bad produce is not the right course of action.

Hopefully we learn some tricks next time without shutting down the entire planet. A massive reserve of masks would be a good start and every country needs some PPE production capability.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

You might be misreading the intentions of those governors.

As I understand it, they are banding together to prevent, ”ban”, the premature re-opening of their states for business.

Their goal is to maintain the shelter in place orders as long as is necessary to prevent the spread of the virus and avoid future “hotspot” outbreaks. They will keep the “lockdown” orders in place until the science shows it is safe to do otherwise; and not based on some arbitrary date selected by the federal government, or the POTUS.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Okay yeah that is super extreme. if you have a second property she is saying that you can;t go to it? Even If you own it?

Can i sign the petition? I don;t live in Michigan though. haha.

Who is enforcing that? how is that enforced? If law enforcement stops you can;t you just say I am going home to my property??
edit on 14-4-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
I was hoping as much, States are taking things into there own hands .

Not sure what you mean. This entire debacle is and has always been in their hands. There has not been one single declaration of quarantine, martial law or anything else out of Washington or President Trump or his task force.

Only guidelines.

We have only ourselves to blame. Well... I blame all of the lunatic fringe fear-mongers who closed our kids school and playgrounds because they are afraid of their shadows.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The governors are seeing State revenues plummet and they don't like it.

Fewer workers and fewer Shoppers has equated to a 67% drop in Illinois revenue.

Illinois' credit rating was at junk status even before the Corona virus hit. I imagine by now the agencies need to invent a new rating to describe the dire straights that state must be in.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Not to make light of people dying. Nobody wants that but bombing an entire railway system because of a few carts of bad produce is not the right course of action.

I'm totally stealing that metaphor. I hope you don't mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: Nyiah
Who is enforcing that? how is that enforced? If law enforcement stops you can;t you just say I am going home to my property??

So far it seems to be on the honor system. Home Depot and Lowes have had to rope off the paint section (yes, Da Gov decided that we don't need to buy paint), but I haven't seen any police checks or heard of anyone being fined.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Trust me, she ain't done yet. When this is over, she's going to dip her claws into our pockets for some tax money.

It's for the children.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well, we need to open east and west coast. Got lots of freight waiting to enter the country on both sides.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

Trust me, she ain't done yet. When this is over, she's going to dip her claws into our pockets for some tax money.

It's for the children.

I absolutely refuse to pay more taxes than I am paying now.
She can pound sand.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It’s not about pockets being lined, it’s about poor people not being able to work and dying from starvation, in the world’s richest country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join