It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnesium and Calcium for anxiety?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I read in so many places that they are good for anxiety
i would love to know if anybody knows anything about it, or knows if they are good for health in general

Thanks and stay happy and healthy and safe!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

I take a magnesium and calcium supplement daily. It is called "CALM" and it is more than just a clever name.
I take it before bedtime.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Eat well, work out, sleep well, meditate and act in a way where you should not be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Look up Valerian Root.
I have never taken it but it is said to have usefulness for anxiety.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Magnesium and calcium need to be somewhat balanced in the body. That is the most important thing to remember. If you are taking a calcium supplement, it is all right for a while, but if you take it long term you should boost magnesium foods or take a little magnesium supplement too. If you get leg cramps, it often means you have too much calcium compared to magnesium. If you get muscle jumps or jerks or weakness, you may need to boost calcium or lower magnesium in the diet.

I do not have information as to their relation to stress, but I would think if the balance tipped one way or another, it could increase possibility of anxiety or depression. I haven't studied that. I know that magnesium supplements are supposed to treat epilepsy, but I took them for about three weeks, and I had problems in my muscles, they were getting painful from not working together right. I do have a calcium pill now with some magnesium in it, that works much better, about thirty percent of RDA of those is all I seem to need in supplement, and mine are citrate, so they do not deplete my already low stomach acid.

Be careful with supplementing those two, beware that there are side effects of an imbalance. If you eat high magnesium foods, then adding a calcium supplement to balance it when needed is a good thing, same with the other way around. It takes trial and error, it is hard to explain how it effects me when they swing either way, I also get muscles locked on in the back with too much calcium.
edit on 14-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I take a magnesium and calcium supplement daily. It is called "CALM" and it is more than just a clever name.

oh, its the same as magnesium and calcium?
i remember taking something similar years ago and it did nothing

hmmm

anyway ive just bought 600mg magnesium and 600mg calcium tablets
they say take 1 a day each but i may take 2 of each for moment

what do you think hehe

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Go jog 5 miles. The anxiety will go away after a 1/4 of a mile. It will be replaced by endorphins and the feeling of holy crap. I'm really out of shape.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

It also depends on the 'form' of magnesium in the supplement...

Magnesium oxide is all but worthless, you basically just pee it out if you take it...

For best results you want magnesium citrate or magnesium glycinate(sp?)

Something else you could try is epsom salt baths - or even just foot soaks...can be very relaxing..
edit on 14-4-2020 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

YES to magnesium. The right kind.

Look up magnesium flakes for the bath.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I make magnesium oil by mixing magnesium flakes and distilled water and I spray it on my skin.

I gave some to my friend who has suffered for years with restless leg syndrome and it stopped the rls.

Taking magnesium in through the skin stops the laxative effect.

Magnesium is definitely calming.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They both in tandem are great to stop cramps. Leg cramps, rib cramps, arm cramps. They work and keep them away

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I'd never heard anything about the different forms of magnesium and looked on my supplement...magnesium carbonate. Any info on this versus other forms of magnesium?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I'd never heard anything about the different forms of magnesium and looked on my supplement...magnesium carbonate. Any info on this versus other forms of magnesium?

Genuine Zechstein Magnesium Chloride Flakes

Take a warm soak, or soak your feet.
It is amazing.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses
Comparing the Different Types of Magnesium Supplements | Magnesium Supplements | Blog and Education Center
www.vitalnutrients.net...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

hang on are they the same as KALM sold in the uk

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Go jog 5 miles. The anxiety will go away after a 1/4 of a mile. It will be replaced by endorphins and the feeling of holy crap. I'm really out of shape.

im in good shape
im 5 foot 3 and 220 pounds

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Genuine Zechstein Magnesium Chloride Flakes

Take a warm soak, or soak your feet.
It is amazing.

That's the one I use..... to make my magnesium oil spray......it is magnesium citrate.

edit on 14-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's the one I use..... to make my magnesium oil spray......it is magnesium citrate.

No, citrate & chloride are different

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I actually am not familiar with the "carbonate" form of magnesium, but the link provided by "itisnowagain" in his reply to you looks like good information..

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I don't know about that. Mine is manufactered by Nutranext, LLC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join