It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
You cannot name one solid example of him doing anything even remotely consistent with a belief he is or desire to be a dictator.

Not one.

His military parade with tanks and jet fly-overs. Just who is he trying to convince of our military might?

He despises a free-press. Often answering questions with insults and derision.

His attempts at setting a dynasty to keep his family in power beyond his presidency and life, example: Ivanka representing America (not a diplomat and not a member of the State Department) at the G20.

His demonization of groups to the point of, possibly, crimes against humanity: Children taken from their parents, put in cages and held until their parents are sent back to their home countries without their children. Or, banning all muslim's, because terrorists aren't the problem, the entire religion of Islam is. We won't get into the antisemitism this time.

His kleptocratic push to force world leaders into his hotels and resorts. His insistence that when he or his family travel overseas they (and their entire government-funded entourage) must stay at one of his properties. We've seen no proof that he's stopped making money from his properties, just that his sons are running the day-to-day.

His absolute disregard for the rule of law. He directs his subordinates to ignore subpoenas. He declared migration at the southern border a 'national emergency' to side-step congressional power restricting funds to his border wall.

All of this while literally hugging the flag to make people think that he loves this country.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

You need to get some air and a couple of new news outlets. Your stuff is years old.

Moderate TDS but there is hope if you try.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

TDS is so overstated. How many people who were frothing at the mouth over Obama, now are saying everyone has TDS?

I remember back when alt right websites wrote everyday about how bad obama was for the constitution and that he was bound to run for a third term and sent to destroy our America.

People are so biased when it comes to their party affiliations.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

It would all be so funny if it just wasn't true.

Besides, it's a pandemic. Don't take this away from me or do you hate freedom too?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

TDS is so overstated. 

Yet just a few days ago, 2 Doctors took their little kids and a ladder on their golf cart to steal a Trump 2020 flag off a flagpole on someone else's property in Florida.

2 Educated Gynocologists,

TDS is strong in some people.......

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's hard to believe, but some people are angry that President Trump's name will be printed on the paper Stimulus Checks that will soon be mailed.

Your Check, Courtesy of President Donald J. Trump: www.businessinsider.com...

Since the loudest complaints are coming from those who are always wrong, I view this as a wonderfully shrewd tactic from a man who made Billions by self-promoting. The more they hate, the better this decision looks!

Sure Trumps "Obama Phones".

My, how things have changed.
edit on 16-4-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
His military parade with tanks and jet fly-overs. Just who is he trying to convince of our military might?

Rotflmao!

Like this has never happened before.

He despises a free-press

No, he despises liars and deceivers - what is the MSM today.

Often answering questions with insults and derision.

Well deserved, if you have an honest bone in your body.

His attempts at setting a dynasty to keep his family in power beyond his presidency and life, example: Ivanka representing America (not a diplomat and not a member of the State Department) at the G20.

That in no way, shape or form is an example of 'setting up a dynasty'... it is an example of exercising his absolute power of negotiating foreign policy, and appointing someone he trusts to do something.

His demonization of groups to the point of, possibly, crimes against humanity:

Except he has never done that.

[1uote]Children taken from their parents,
Just like American Citizens who are arrested for crimes?

put in cages

You mean the continuation of the Obama plan?

Yes... but I agree with it, especially since many (most?) are not even the parents, they are human traffickers.

and held until their parents are sent back to their home countries without their children.

Provide an example of this - where the adults in question were actually the parents - or, again, it never happened.

Or, banning all muslim's,

Except he never did.

because terrorists aren't the problem, the entire religion of Islam is.

Actually, in my opinion, Islam is not a religion, it is a terrorist ideology.

We won't get into the antisemitism this time.

Probably a good idea, since his Jewist son in law might take offense, after Trump did what the last 5 or so Presidents have done and actually formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moved the embassy there.

His kleptocratic push to force world leaders into his hotels and resorts.

The only instance of this was the G20 summit where he suggested using Mara Lago (I think it was?), but relented after the push back - despite the fact that he was not going to charge anyone anything.

His insistence that when he or his family travel overseas they (and their entire government-funded entourage) must stay at one of his properties.

I do believe this may have happened one or a few times, but ... they do have to stay somewhere. And I also do believe that they are not charged for it, so it actually saves the taxpayers money.

We've seen no proof that he's stopped making money from his properties, just that his sons are running the day-to-day.

Why should he not be allowed to continue to profit from his prior existing businesses?

Are you suggesting that all politicians should have to sell all of their personal/private holdings before taking office?

I would actually be very much in favor of all elected officials having to undergo painstaking audits of their personal financial holdings and dealings before taking office, and making sure that they are not profiting from holding public office.

But if a politician owns a successful business, and takes office, continued profits from said business would and should be excluded from the meaning of 'profiting from public office'. Also, said businesses should be banned from entering into any new government contracts while they hold office.

His absolute disregard for the rule of law.

No examples of this either.

He directs his subordinates to ignore subpoenas.

They weren't subpoenas, they were congressional requests. Congress critters cannot issue subpoenas, only courts can do that.

Also, nothing wrong with fighting a subpoena in court - like Hillary is doing right now.

He declared migration at the southern border a 'national emergency' to side-step congressional power restricting funds to his border wall.

Migration? You mean unlawful entry/crossing of our border. It is a crime. It should be a felony, but it is currently a misdemeanor - but still a crime.

All of this while literally hugging the flag to make people think that he loves this country.

Yeah, that picture is kinda cute...
edit on 16-4-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I agree that statement is him getting a little bit big for his britches....
Checks and balances prevents any president from over stepping their authority...thank you founding fathers.

I also wonder about governor's issuing citations for shelter in place violations.
Do they actually have the authority?
Can they enforce this on people gathering at church which is protected by the first amendment.
Mark Levin- Hannity show Thursday - interstate commerce - I’ll see if I can find it to post.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Bad line by trump. WTF was he thinking. a reply to: links234

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Trump is a king without a court jester to remind him of his humanity and kings without jesters always end up dead or dethroned.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Melen
I'm super curious to see what manner of mental gymnastics Trump supporters, who claim to be "Patriots" and honor the Constitution, will provide to justify Trump essentially trying to be a dictator or King. If the past 4 years has shown anything, it's that his base will literally twist reality to justify this nonsense.

You never heard of the Emergency Powers Act, passed decades ago, eh???

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Maybe if Trump had said only one of those things or just two or three of them in passing, I could buy that my post could be hyperbolic.

That's not happening though. He says these things and wields his executive power in ways most presidents never did before. Yeah, individually, those comments are just soundbites. Collectively though, they paint a picture of a would-be king.

What are you going to do if he loses the election in November and says that millions of votes were illegally cast and that he needs to stay in power to sort it all out? If Trump says there was massive election fraud and that's the only reason he lost, despite zero evidence, are you going to believe him? Are you so desperate for power over your fellow citizens that you'd support Trump staying in the White House despite losing the election?

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Actually he is forever acquitted of that charge.

That's like saying someone is forever "charged" with a crime despite being acquitted of it during the trial.

Only one of those designations matter: the result. I'm glad they tried that scheme early on though, will make his next term that much easier.

History will show it was a partisan impeachment on baseless grounds. It will also show the myriad of misconduct, conflicts of interest and pure political nature of the process. One needs only look at the votes for/against to see its true nature.

At least during Bill Clinton's sham impeachment 5 democrats voted Yae.
edit on 4/17/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Actually he is forever acquitted of that charge.

Yeah. LOL So is Bill Clinton. Impeached, but never removed from office. Because, the crime didn't fit the punishment.

edit on 17-4-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I've always opposed the impeachment of Clinton.

I cheered when he was acquitted
Just another partisan scam show

Clinton ushered in a period of surplus-driven economic success. He was a good POTUS. I am very sentimental of those days

There wasn't a crime with Bill Clinton either. Arguably some bad choices there, but we don't remove duly elected Presidents for those (and shouldn't)
edit on 4/17/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Maybe if Trump had said only one of those things or just two or three of them in passing, I could buy that my post could be hyperbolic.

That's not happening though. He says these things and wields his executive power in ways most presidents never did before.

No, he doesn't, and that is the point. You can make this claim all day long, it doesn't make it true.

If Trump says there was massive election fraud and that's the only reason he lost, despite zero evidence, are you going to believe him?

Well, there is one problem with your supposition - there already is ample evidence of massive election fraud, in the form of dead people voting, people voting multiple times, and illegal aliens voting.

He won't but I certainly wouldn't support him if he did.

After the election, he'll still have two more months of legitimate power to sort it out, and if massive election fraud can be proven, what do you think should happen? Allow a fraudulent election to stand?

Are you so desperate for power over your fellow citizens that you'd support Trump staying in the White House despite losing the election?

Ahem... neither I nor any other libertarians, independents or even most republicans want 'power over our fellow citizens', you are confused. That is the demwits claim to fame.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

So that means on national trump day the trump states air force will fly over trump square gardens while the knicks play in the trump basketball association.

Then you can bet that the yankees will win the trump world series, not before they sing the star spangled trump.

you have to be mentally defective not to see trump is clearly egomaniacal.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DetectiveT
If Trump has/had such authority all along why isn’t he taking more heat for killing the economy? If the decision was his then shouldn’t he be taking the brunt of it because of that?

Because that has never been his style. In his mind, the buck always stops over there.

His style is to deflect, divert, deny, let someone else make up the loss, and his fanboys adoringly call it 4D chess.

It's worth getting a big supply of popcorn in because he can't play Covid 19 like he played the New York planning board, Atlantic City and all the other scrapes his daddy and his lawyers and the mob and his money got him out of.

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

But what about her e-mails?

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

But what about her e-mails?

Hopefully, we'll all soon have a better idea of an answer to that question.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join