It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I've been reading about this guy for a few hours now and i'm very interested in this.

But I have a few questions....(These are all if he was to be real)

Did Titor ever tell anybody what disasters were to happen in the future?
If so, did any proove to be real?
If someone got that information, and warned the world about it. Wouldn't Titor have messed up the future?

Should I go buy a little bit of stock in GE?

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Ken_Allen]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If he really was from the future no one would ever know because the future will change.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

1. I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally
gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips.

2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to
avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bombing information.

3. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future
actions by individual people or threaten their family and well-being.

-John Titor or as I like to call him...Doc Brown

In my opinion since our World line wont change his, why would he care about these things?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wish he were to come back. I believe in all this and would love to ask this guy questions and talk with him.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ken_Allen
I wish he were to come back. I believe in all this and would love to ask this guy questions and talk with him.

It would be kind of hard for him to come back. There are an infinate amount of world lines. The chances of him coming to this one are slim.

-Chris

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So basically...we're living in every year right now...from when we are born to when we die? And we're living in every timeline?

All this is too much for my head

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This guy posting under the nickname John Titor, you could rather call him a visionary than a timetraveler, he did some moderately interesting extrapolations of the emerging technologies at that time (yes, for all the tec he mentions can be Googled in the month just prior to his arrival, most people don't dig deep enough, try Copernicus and DejaVu) and also kind of signaling the changes in culture.

Well, consultants of Gartner are paid on a monthly base to be a "timetraveler" and enlighten us with their chrystall ball vision and just like Titor they come up with reasonable generalisations but often fluke very hard on the details, like their Linux predictions, this is exactly what's happening tot Titor, after the Olympics we can all cross our fingers for the next hoax shortly afterwards, the Mayan end of the World in 2012.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenus
This guy posting under the nickname John Titor, you could rather call him a visionary than a timetraveler, he did some moderately interesting extrapolations of the emerging technologies at that time (yes, for all the tec he mentions can be Googled in the month just prior to his arrival, most people don't dig deep enough, try Copernicus and DejaVu) and also kind of signaling the changes in culture.

Well, consultants of Gartner are paid on a monthly base to be a "timetraveler" and enlighten us with their chrystall ball vision and just like Titor they come up with reasonable generalisations but often fluke very hard on the details, like their Linux predictions, this is exactly what's happening tot Titor, after the Olympics we can all cross our fingers for the next hoax shortly afterwards, the Mayan end of the World in 2012.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Silenus]

First off the Mayans were not 'hoaxers',
they were intelligent in mathematics about the galaxy.

They were believers in this calendar. And many to this day are,
just cause you dont believe you dont have to claim it as a 'hoax' as they were not hoaxers but an entire civilazation of people.

They didnt just 'predict' this event to happen.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by phantomviewer]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Didn't the mayans vanish? Just dissappeared

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think he could come back to this worldine with the logs from the machine.

05 November 2000 03:29 (about time travel) 10
Pamela: 9.Are you able to go back to your own world line?
Timetravel_0: Yes.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Did Titor ever tell anybody what disasters were to happen in the future?

I think you should go to johntitor.strategicbrains.com or one of the other titor pages. He, technically, said he wasn't making predictions. He said there'd be a civil war, leading to nuke war. He said mad cow disease was going to become huge. He said lots of stuff.

If so, did any proove to be real?

No. Wel, he swaid CERN would produce black holes, and some say it might be able to do that. He said there'd be disorder and a civil war, and some say there's 'disorder' now. He said, i think, that there wouldn't be any WMD in iraq, which seems to have actually proven true.

Yeah right, having a time machine might favourably alter their profits to earnings ratio.

legend
The chances of him coming to this one are slim.

THe chances of him returning to his actual timeline were also equally slim, another reason to not beleive the bunk.

ken allen
Didn't the mayans vanish?

Yes, they abandoned their failing cities and returned to more primitive lifesyles.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

1. I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally
gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips.

2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to
avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bombing information.

3. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future
actions by individual people or threaten their family and well-being.

-John Titor or as I like to call him...Doc Brown

In my opinion since our World line wont change his, why would he care about these things?

Because he doesn't think we should care about those things; they won't be important to a group of people. It's a little shallow to ask a time traveler stock tips when he's telling you the world's going to end.

-Chris

[edit on 3/15/2005 by Legend]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Basically, it seems to me that titor is a left wing, anti-corporate, anti-america masturbation fantasy.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I'm already ahead of you. *hint, hint*

top topics

join