It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you got your stimulus check?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I always owe, so I'll be awaiting a paper check. Might even be enough to cover this year's tax bill! 🤣

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
Haven't gotten mine. Not sure I will get it. If I do, I'm using it to get my drivers license back and heading to Nevada to pick up my 1973 Superior 2200 motorhome which I plan on living in until I raise enough money to open my therapy farm sanctuary.

I haven't had a license in 15 years since I got a DWI. NYS is probably going to make me pay 800.00 to get my license though, because of it. I'm going to have to go back to #ing stripping 'at my age' to make this all happen. Don't want to, but I have to.

One of my bucket list dreams is to live/work/travel from a recreational vehicle. Good luck to you and your dreams

I've heard that exotic dancers and adult entertainers (who are live and one on one) are struggling from the virus as well and some have gone to online type of services. Some doing well with the quarantine, some not so much. It seems to be depending on location obviously. No one traveling at the moment...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You can register your deposit info with the IRS so you won't have to wait for them to send a check which I heard could take up to five months.
Not sure if the app is set up just yet but it should be soon.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Arnie123
Lol 😂, annnnd right on que, so I take it you don't want the care package? Save me the gaultlet of having to run the sniper lanes from our quarantine.

Sure, send it, I'll give it to the local foodbank.

And it's 'gantlet' or 'gauntlet'. On second thought maybe I'll buy you a dictionary.
Why buy it when you're the resident spell checker? 😉

Stay salty my friend.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

yeah but Ive come to expect it, was supposed to get 850 as a housing allowance for my post 911 gi bill and instead I got 130 at the start of the session and then 730 after the session... Ive just come to expect it from the fed.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It really seems like the only way to have the most freedom. I grew up on the road with my touring musician parents, but I'm really doing it for my problem dog. We have no fence here and you know what tying a dog does to them after a while.
I'm not going to let him become a negative statistic. He's already been in trouble once.

I wasn't stripping prior to this- and hadn't been for ~10 years or so. I know about the online stuff but it seems that the girls have to 'do a lot more' if you know what I mean. That's not and never has been for me. I have nothing against it, I just don't want to ruin that side of my life for when I actually meet someone I like.

I go and wiggle and pretend to be cute and fun. That's it.

edit on 080000000208amb20America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

Well then, I do hope that you get your stimulus check quickly. It's not much but, it may be just enough for some folks.

I go and wiggle and pretend to be cute and fun.

That's all that's needed

When (if) things get back to normal...here may be an idea for you:
Workamping
Years and years ago, I worked for resorts who hired these type of folks quite often. I suppose that's where my dream started.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Why buy it when you're the resident spell checker?

You'll need it for your non-ATS sick burns.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm putting it in the bank. I agree, they will want this back one way or another. My wife is still working, and the unemployment benefits are crazy, and I do mean crazyyyy good. We're paying some people more than they made before all this started. I can't see why people need an extra stimulus check when they're already making more than their normal salary. Oh well. I hope everyone has fun with their monies.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It really seems like the only way to have the most freedom.

To each his or her own.

Due to a different life and career arch I have been able to have the most freedom I have needed or wanted in life.
The same can be said for my social and peer groups.

Living a transient lifestyle is no more or less free then any other choice someone makes, it's just a different choice with its own pluses and minuses. =)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Which I have repeated on more than a single occasion. It is not Christmas is April/May/June or July.

It isn't even a "bonus check". It is an "advance" on your 2021 tax return.

I likely won't get one, which I should, since my tenants are crying poor mouth, even when they have 3 children under 17 and his wife's elderly mother living in the house.

www.thepennyhoarder.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I should be getting the full amount. But nothing has been added to the bank account yet. I won't count on it until I get it. Then it will go to bills and food and gas. I was prepared for a lot of things. Just not the "end of the world".

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ours was in the bank yesterday morning. For now it will be shifted to our savings account to start replenishing some of what we spent right before they started advising social distancing: we bought a nice little gently used SUV for cash to use as a bug-out vehicle and then stocked up the freezer and pantry to bursting. Just seemed like a wise decision at the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Didn't get one, not expecting one.

C'est la vie!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
" "Gotta get a care package setup for Augustus, poor sap can't do much being in military lockdown, trying to get through the fences was bad, neighbor was caught and taken away."

Use it for a tongue scrubber to get all the grime from the government's boot off your tongue."

Lol 😂, annnnd right on que, so I take it you don't want the care package? Save me the gaultlet of having to run the sniper lanes from our quarantine.

He's saving it to be able to pay off his bet with me once Durham announces the first indictments...
edit on 14-4-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
back to that?
interesting

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: tanstaafl
back to that?
interesting

Interesting?> Not really, but it will be fun spending the extra cash...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

We are using about 30% of it to pay our taxes we owe
oh the irony.
The rest of it is going to credit charges accrued to change trip dates from May to Sept for Europe rather than take a 5k$ loss..

so its all going away instantly lol

edit to say we always owe a bit so I will have to wait for them to put up their 'IRS tool' to give them my info...
edit on 14/4/2020 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Actually Im going to pay off the entirety of my credit card debt. We should get 2900, so with the remaining 2600.... New tires. The save the rest. My tires are about 160 ea so it's a good time to get some.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hasn’t shown up yet and I won’t be surprised if there’s a specific IRS agent sorting through millions of accounts to locate mine and put a hold on it over an incident I had with him a few years back. (Long story short, I didn’t file my income taxes in 2008 and they tried saying I owed $4500. I made $18K that year and the younger wiseass in me found it more entertaining to taunt the IRS with an offer of $1.00 a month to pay it back than going to a tax attorney)

As for what I’ll spend it on, most likely a newer iMac for my studio, a new guitar and/or some materials to fix the roof of my shed. I’ve spent the last 2 years setting myself up for financial success and it’s all worked according to plan, so I’m not hurting right now. We’ve been able to help out some family since this started and due to the decisions they made with the money sent, they will not be getting further help from us. If the government wants to send me back some of the money they’ve taken from me, in my particular situation, it’s just a bonus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join