It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE News Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Bloody hell trying to figure out where to put this.

Vice channel has a new news show. It started up a week or so before the pandemic, then was off for another week or so but now is doing it by remote.

Curious what others are thinking about it if anyone is watching. Not gonna say what I think about it other than the fact - obviously - that I am watching it says something as I don't watch news shows.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Vice has it's agenda, as does most internet news. Not knowing what the "new" show is I cannot say how I feel about it.
I suspect I could find flaws in it's reporting. But I could say that about every news show I am aware of at the moment.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
What would one expect from a media called "Vice" ?
What's in a name , anyway ?

edit on 4/14/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ive heard a few criticisms of vice, but they've always seemed like a solid news organization. They produce a lot of great stuff on hbo.

Ill have to check this new news show out.
edit on 14-4-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It's a news show that I can watch and think that I'm not totally being lied to. The HBO shows would occasionally air on the channel so when they started up a four day a week show I figured what the hell. They have done well with some other shows I've seen like Weediquette which explored the social ramifications of cannabis.

There's another new show from the co-founder of the channel called Shelter In Place With Shane Smith. Finishing up the first episode with Edward Snowden and it's really cool also. Ed knows his stuff and speaks truth. Say what you want about what he did, as many do, but he's not full of it on this and really does a good job of laying out things as they are happening today.

ETA: Watching the second episode of Shelter with the governor of Cali and he just sounds like he's lying and I don't agree with him trying to push global warming as an excuse. Fires have been bad there recently but that's a political point he's trying to score and that I didn't like.
edit on 4/16/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Bloody hell trying to figure out where to put this.

Vice channel has a new news show. It started up a week or so before the pandemic, then was off for another week or so but now is doing it by remote.

Curious what others are thinking about it if anyone is watching. Not gonna say what I think about it other than the fact - obviously - that I am watching it says something as I don't watch news shows.

They have been around a while and have questionable politics and HR policies it would seem. That said they have a couple interesting reports that take some ganas to get. Mixed reviews got to dig a little.
edit on 16-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Hmm.. Well vice.com is certainly very liberal. But vice.com is completely different than vice news.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It's really all the same as the news is on their site. That means nothing though I though I could address that as I'm bringing up this dead thread. They are very liberal (they really hate Trump) but they do stories that I doubt I'd see on other news reports so I stick with them just fast forward through all the Trump blather. Monday there was a story about the indiginous (don't know how to spell the word, sorry) tribes on the Amazon getting covid and the Pres. actually said he'd reduce their populations if he could, basically promoting genocide. So, yeah, they are interesting. Anyway.......

They made a boo-boo last night that I figured would make for a funny for you guys. Headline about Trump and the death penalty dated Dec. 5, 2000. Don't they have professionals that do that kind of thing, I dunno, like, maybe, check the date to get it right?

Maybe it's a little bit of a nitpick but everyone knows what year it is as it's been messed up so badly. I guess it's true you can't trust the liberal media although I've been of the opinion for years that you can't trust nearly ALL media. Heck, it's why I made this thread as I didn't know where they stood before they became a semi regular show.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

It's really all the same as the news is on their site. That means nothing though I thought I could address that as I'm bringing up this dead thread. They are very liberal (they really hate Trump) but they do stories that I doubt I'd see on other news reports so I stick with them just fast forward through all the Trump blather. Monday there was a story about the indiginous (don't know how to spell the word, sorry) tribes on the Amazon getting covid and the Pres. actually said he'd reduce their populations if he could, basically promoting genocide. So, yeah, they are interesting. Anyway.......

They made a boo-boo last night that I figured would make for a funny for you guys. Headline about Trump and the death penalty dated Dec. 5, 2000. Don't they have professionals that do that kind of thing, I dunno, like, maybe, check the date to get it right?

Maybe it's a little bit of a nitpick but everyone knows what year it is as it's been messed up so badly. I guess it's true you can't trust the liberal media although I've been of the opinion for years that you can't trust nearly ALL media. Heck, it's why I made this thread as I didn't know where they stood before they became a semi regular show.
edit on 12/9/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: Forgot a T

posted on Dec, 10 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Hmmm.. yea to be fair VICE excels in world news coverage when compared to American msm. Ive heard criticisms against VICE not explaining the history that leads to things well enough. At least with some past HBO segments.

It does seem to be the only big American network that is actually somewhat trying to be real journalists despite flaws and perhaps some political bias.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Wow, you said it better in three sentences than I did in a few paragraphs. It's hard to explain complex histories in just a few minutes so I'll give them a pass on that one but yeah, compared to Ameican MSM, they do a really cool job of showing me things that just aren't covered here. I'd surely bet on that even though I stopped watching MSM, sans VICE in recent months, many years ago.

I don't think turning in now would be any different than when I stopped watching them years ago. Although, to be fair, VICE is MSM also but very much lower on the totem pole than pretty much anyone else. Bloody semantics.

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

edit on 12/11/2020 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join