It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

64 yr old Passenger, Accidental Ejection from Fighter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Interesting they say malfunction with the front seat. Most dudes I know put the selector in a mode where if they pull the handles in the back they go only. If pilot pulls then back then front goes.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: glib2

This was set to either seat being able to initiate.

The fighter jet was set up to, under normal conditions, eject both the pilot and his passenger when one of them pulls on the ejection handle. The BEA-E explains the procedure of a Rafale double ejection in four stages: first, the back canopy is shattered by a line of explosives embedded into the glass, before the passenger seat is ejected. Then, the front canopy is also destroyed, and the pilot seat is the last to leave the fighter jet.

www.aerotime.aero...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

This was set to either seat being able to initiate.

The fighter jet was set up to, under normal conditions, eject both the pilot and his passenger when one of them pulls on the ejection handle. The BEA-E explains the procedure of a Rafale double ejection in four stages: first, the back canopy is shattered by a line of explosives embedded into the glass, before the passenger seat is ejected. Then, the front canopy is also destroyed, and the pilot seat is the last to leave the fighter jet.

www.aerotime.aero...

No doubt. It is interesting they fly it like that.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I thought so too, but it may be good they did if it found a seat issue.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
That is a positive out of this yes besides almost losing a jet...nice optimism.
edit on 14-4-2020 by glib2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Better to find it during a "whoops" than an "oh #", like with the B-1.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Maybe they weren't practicing proper social distancing and he got a little nervous.

The poor guy they say looked like he was having a heart attack when they told him: Suprise you're going up in this fighter plane. They may have thought he would get excited but he entered a high-state of stress and panic.

Myself, I would have told them, thanks, but no thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join