It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantine television viewing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I watched:

A Quiet Place. Aliens invade and are able to hear the slightest noise. Movie follows a family and their survival. Interesting concept. Hardly any dialogue in the movie. I liked the movie.

Trolls 2. What can I say, I have a 5 and 3 year old.

Stars Wars. Rise of Skywalker. Sucked, but not as bad as some of the others.

If anyone wants to binge watch something, I would highly recommend The Wire. This is arguably the best television show ever made. If you want phenomenal acting and great dialogue, you simply cannot beat this show. It covers the good, bad, and ugly in the city of Baltimore from the perspective of drug dealers, police, and politicians. The crazy thing is that there are no good or bad guys. You love some of the dealers, hate some of the police and loathe the politicians.

This is the kind of show you have to watch every episode and pay attention to every line of dialogue as you might miss a connection or reference in a future episode.

The show is loosely based on real people. Some of the supporting cast are actually the real people used to develop the characters. Many great actors featured... Idris Elba and Michael B Jordan are the biggest standouts whose careers were launched on the show.

Season 1: Covers the relationship between the Barksdale drug empire and the police trying to develop a case against them.

Season 2: Cover the hardship of blue collar union workers at the docks and far more powerful organized crime.

Season 3: Revisits the urban drug game, but with exams legalization of drugs

Season 4: Concentrates on the urban school system and how many kids are set up for failure

Season 5: Focus on the roll the media plays in the corruption

edit on 14-4-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The new CBS show 'Picard' is excellent. Ths movie 'The Platform' on Netflix is good too, as well as, the documentary 'Operation Odessa'.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Just got done with a binge of The Wire. Never got to see it until now.

So depressed. It's just so bad. At least Bubbles made it out. No one else did.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Binged the entire series of Future Man. Hadn't heard of it until someone posted on ATS. Laugh out loud funny but not safe for Kids.

Rewatching my Tom Baker DVDs but popping a few Pertwee ones on at random
My Doctor was Mr. Baker but I grew to appreciate previous incarnations.

Since I'm off work potentially until June, Babylon 5 and Blake's 7 will get a rewatch.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

I met Matt Smith and Karen Gillan in a Tesco queue once. Saw Matt in front, turned around to say guess what that is and Karen politely relpied "I know." Geeked right out

I stop watching 2005 who when matt smith left.

The writing got bad even at that point.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Just got done with a binge of The Wire. Never got to see it until now.

So depressed. It's just so bad. At least Bubbles made it out. No one else did.

Poot (Bodie's buddy) made it out. Marlo did too...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Haha, I just started watching The Walking Dead myself recently. Never seen it before. Well, I got sucked in big time. I'm in season 4 right now and I find it a really strange coincidence with all that's going on now that this fatal respiratory illness sweeps through the prison... what timing...

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer
a reply to: YouSir

Haha, I just started watching The Walking Dead myself recently. Never seen it before. Well, I got sucked in big time. I'm in season 4 right now and I find it a really strange coincidence with all that's going on now that this fatal respiratory illness sweeps through the prison... what timing...

Yeah, first couple of seasons of walking dead were great. It kind of fell off the last two years. I couldn't even finish watching.

Another great show was Grimm.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That's too bad about the last 2 seasons of TWD. It's really good right now, but I can't believe the governor killed Hershel though...

Thanks for the tip about Grimm. I'll check it out.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Doctor Who? To do the job complelely, you could always go back to William Hartnell and go forward from there. Rediscover the very first introduction of the Daleks.

I was discovering "Veep" anyway, but I'm now going through the original "The Thick Of It"

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Castle Rock, Season 2 (Hulu) - the story revolves around Annie Wilkes ( the nutcase from Stephen King's "Misery").

Hunters (Amazon Prime)- a group jewish refugees hunt down and kill Nazis who were smuggled into the US by the government under "Operation Paperclip".

Tiger King (Netflix)- documentary about a gay, redneck meth-head who ran a big cat sanctuary in Oklahoma., ran for governor and went to prison on a murder for hire plot.

Don't F**k With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer (Netflix)- documentary about some keyboard detectives who identify and track down a serial killer.

All of these are worth a watch.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Some more that I've binged recently.

Iron Fist, Better Call Saul(ongoing), The Originals, Schitt's Creek, Fargo and just started Ozark.

We’ve been watching West World. Love better call Saul.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

How about "The West Wing"

Excellent series. I've seen it about 7 or 8 times.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Has anyone watched "Pine Gap".

It's on Netflix.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join