It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Commercial (with Marina Abramovic) Removed Due To Negative Reactions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I signed it.

a reply to: SolAquarius

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of the legendary conservative Catholic anti-communist General Millan Astray's interrruption at a dinner for the philosopher Miguel de Unamuno in Salamanca, October 1936:

"Death to intelligence!"

I travelled to Israel shortly after 9/11 and was struck by their response compared to what I saw back in the UK and had been told about in the US. Similarly, Unamuno's response to Millan Astray was subtle but effective:

"You will not convince people. To convince you must persuade. And to persuade you need something you are lacking: reason, moral right and legitimacy in your struggle. It is pointless to ask you to think of the people."

Astray put Unamuno under house arrest the next day. Unamuno died two months later. The rest of the war and the subsequent repression claimed over half a million, or about 3% of the population. There followed 40 years of dictatorship (US funded for the last 35 or so) but, in the long run, Unamuno was vindicated.

edit on 17-4-2020 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: moebius

4. Radiation exposure Wearable technology like VR headsets potentially exposes the user to harmful electromagnetic frequency radiation. These devices make use of a wireless connections like Bluetooth or WiFi to connect with your smartphone or computer; and are equipped with smart sensors that allow you to be immersed in the VR experience. Some virtual reality headsets uses smartphones, which emit radiation. Numerous studies have already pointed out how cell phone radiation can affect the human reproductive system, disrupt sleep, or cause mood swings. Now, VR headsets work together with cellphones and can wirelessly connect to WiFi–this means that they too emit radiation, and could in fact, pose long term health risks. EMFs have been cited as a form of carcinogen—a substance capable of causing cancer in living tissue–in previous studies. This essentially puts it at par with more commonly known source of carcinogens, such as cigarettes. Researchers from the National Toxicology Program (NTP), a federal inter-agency group under the National Institutes of Health, conducted experiments on mice that showed how the subjects exposed to electromagnetic radiation could be more susceptible to cancer. In another study, the World Health Organization (WHO) mentions cell phones as “possibly carcinogenic.” The study also implies that increased proximity to the devices increases the level of radiation exposure. This particular finding makes wearable even more worrying, given that they are specifically designed to be worn constantly near the body.

4 Health Risks From Using Virtual Reality Headsets

Virtual Reality (VR) Can Damage Your Eyes Permanently – BBC

Yes i am ignorant fool because trying to warn people before they damage their eyes with VR

Dude; you are. I've owned VR since it came out -- no vision problems; it's certainly not "Lethal" tech like your articles are saying.

Motion sickness is also not at all caused by any of what those articles say it is. It's caused by expected movement vs unexpected movement. Improper head tracking causes motion sickness.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

<< 1  2   >>

join