It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the end of a cash society?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Online shopping has boomed recently, food and alcohol sales online are off the scale, nearly all shops have closed on the high st, only supermarkets allowed open
Also
I'm hearing of small shops/corner shops only allowing cards for payment because of the Coronavirus here in the UK, I've also noticed ATMs closed to help stop the spread, just listening to Macron talk about people struggling to access cash I got a reminder of a previous conspiracy, from years ago, regarding this very subject matter, over the last 5 years touch card payments of upto £30 have crept into our society, so you can actually buy a news paper or a coffee with a debit or credit card, was this just getting us used to a cashless society? for which I worry as everything will be recorded, everything, no more secret buying off your mates, no more cash in hand jobs, no treating yourself to anything you don't want the wife/husband to know about, like a donut or a coke, no more buying secret birthday/anniversary/ Valentine gifts if you have a joint account and no hard currency just ghostly figures on a computer screen

I see a horrible future for us via this convenient virus, many things will be rolled out via 5G that will completely take away our freedoms, I think a cashless society is just one of the many new ways that will be forced upon us for our own health

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00

Use to war-game stuff back when I was in the Army. Cash was always considered a feasible bio-weapon transmitter.

And, I like cash. But, cash ain't King no more.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Consider where cash resides most of the time.... just inches away from.....
a reply to: zerozero00

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Hmmm...are you insinuating this Coronavirus is a bio weapon?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

How many more things are going to get rolled out...... 'For our own good?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus
Like I said, a convenient virus to impose restrictions for our own health, when in reality it's a freedom eroded

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
Put it this way, you'll never return to the way of life you lived before the virus once we've supposedly defeated it....it's not possible, some form of social distancing, some form of government surveillance on your health will be in place, all for YOUR own good

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Consider where cash resides most of the time.... just inches away from.....

My wife always holds single dollar bills with the least amount of skin contact.

Calls 'em ... stripper money.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I'd be ok with that if we were switching to a barter type system. But a credit system is just as bad as fiat money. No real change at all.

Except the black market will have to get creative. Drug dealers will have to invest in card readers lol.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Beginning of the end but no not the end yet because to many people my age and older prefer carrying cash for win the power is out or your stuck somewhere that doesn't have 5 g everything and still works with cash.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

How many more things are going to get rolled out...... 'For our own good?

Get on twitter and ask trump about that he's the potus after all.
See what he has to say.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Well, My cash was refused by a local shop, they said because of the Coronavirus they're not accepting cash, if I didn't have a card with me I would of had to leave with cash in my pocket and without the trade...simple, your cash will be no good

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Isn't that illegal?

Turn them in.
What, they couldn't put gloves on?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well, My cash was refused by a local shop, they said because of the Coronavirus they're not accepting cash, if I didn't have a card with me I would of had to leave with cash in my pocket and without the trade...simple, your cash will be no good

And the shops that don't give in will get the (your/my) trade and it won't take long until tradition rules again. THEY are the small businesses that will survive.

I hope.

There's also going to be a lot of refused payments in cash where the goods go out the door with NO payment.

Shoplifting and people doing a "runner" will become more the norm me thinks.

But the, it's just fodder for the private prison service and police profiteering gangs isn't it?
edit on 13/4/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
Illegal?
a shop can do what it likes, open or close, cash or no cash, there's a new hipster cult in the UK where micro breweries serve out of huge casks but are 100% cash free...people are happy with it and I can see this being mandatory after the lockdown, sadly

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Its always up to the shop, but society as a whole no not yet.

I still have a wallet full of cash and will continue to carry it because I like to be out in the sticks and they prefer cash in my experience.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Get on twitter and ask trump about that he's the potus after all.
See what he has to say.

No point .......He ain't my Potus.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

a reply to: chiefsmom
Illegal?
a shop can do what it likes, open or close, cash or no cash, there's a new hipster cult in the UK where micro breweries serve out of huge casks but are 100% cash free...people are happy with it and I can see this being mandatory after the lockdown, sadly

"Us" and "Them" eh?

Let's hope a need to trade overwhelms a need to conform.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I like to go out and do things but I can't because I'm told I can't

Same principle with this system, to help stop the spread we are refusing cash, what can you do about it if you're told cash is no good?

Government will put something in place for you to exchange your excess cash no doubt ...they'll give a certain length of time before fully implemented but it will happen no matter what you I or anyone else thinks

Just my opinion btw

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Someone needs to develop a machine real quick.

One that you feed your cash into in any shop at the till and get change from, but one that washes it inside the machine before anyone else touches it.

Clean change for your dirty money and clean money for the shopkeeper.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join