It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Eagles/Area 51/Lockheed Martin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The following is a must read for anybody serious abouth their '51 history. I dont know about flying saucers but read this book, Dark Eagles, A History of Top Secret US Aircraft by Curtis Peebles. You can get it at any bookstore. Absolutely fascinating from start to finish. The detail Peebles gets into will make your head spin. Having read this fascinating book a couple of times it becmoes quite apparent that Lockheed has quite a lockdown on goings on there. Grumman ranks a distant second.

Text

Most of you will love to read the further confirmation of mysterious current events in the last couple chapters. Some say that the real TR-3 has a wingspan of 600-800 feet! There is a quote at the end of the book as told by someone who works at Groom, " Weve got things flying out in the Nevada desert that would make George Lucas drool" Id love to discuss the book with someone else that has read it. Anybody?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have to agree it is a very good read.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Lockheed has a huge "lock down" on projects. It is quasi Government.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
SonofSpy, buy me a copy will ya?
my friend lol

I'm sure i'll get a copy sometime...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hey FredT, how about the part where it describes a massive aircraft that uses "constellation camouflage" where the undrside of the craft matches the stars in the sky. The craft can also reportedly almost hover. Ive heard rumors of airborne aircraft carriers before. I think this may be what the book describes as having a wingspan of 600-800 feet! Truly Sci Fi stuff that seems to be a materializing reality.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have my own copy of the Book Dark Eagles! I agree, it's a "Must Read" for any true aircraft and or Black Project enthusiest. As for who has the Majority of Black Projects, I'm not sure if Lockheed has the big lead over Northrop they appear to have. Northrop is known to be very technologically advanced in many areas. Second, the Pentagon has always tryied to spread contracts out so they are not relient on one contractor (that is one of the reasons they built three different stealth X-plane from three contractors (Lockheed: Have Blue, Northrop: Tacit Blue, McDonald Duglas (now Boeing) Bird of Prey)) Nortrop is known to be involed in aleast 2 black programs, most likly more.

Lockeed might have the lead, but almost certianly not by as much as you think!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 15-3-2005 by ghost]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
For a long time before it was unveiled many thought thath the B-2 was a Lockheed project. It still seems most of what goes on at 51 is Lockheed although Grumman loves to play the spoiler and pull awesome aces out its hole like the B-2. Which is why I think that Aurora is a Grumman procect. I sense an unveiling soon....of which craft who nows but one of them. Its been far too long!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
For a long time before it was unveiled many thought thath the B-2 was a Lockheed project. It still seems most of what goes on at 51 is Lockheed although Grumman loves to play the spoiler and pull awesome aces out its hole like the B-2. Which is why I think that Aurora is a Grumman procect. I sense an unveiling soon....of which craft who nows but one of them. Its been far too long!

I agree with your conclusion! However, I wish to point out a small correction. The Company is called Northrop Grumman! It was Northrop at one time, and now it's Northrop Grumman!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
HAHA. a 600 foot wingspan?!?! just think about that. please. if that is true, which i very highly doubt, it must carry a MASSIVE payload. but imagine if that were to be flying over your country, you could the the thing with a god damn slingshot.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yes a 6-800 foot wingspan! Its in the book! This is also suppsedly a "cloaked" craft. You supposedly are barely able to see it at all. Kind of like the Predator effect. I would imagine such a craft would transport hundereds of troops at a time so itd be very useful. Now lets start a religion so we can get tax exemption. The Area 51 Dark Eagles religion. Our god would be the great Kelley Johnson one of the original Lockheed guys. Itd still make more sense than Scientology.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If someone has in with U.S. patent office, get the following:
Design # D365-545

It will answer all your questions plus photos of what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hi i have ordered it at a online bookstore, and i will have it in 4 days, i cant wait to read it!!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drrdw
If someone has in with U.S. patent office, get the following:
Design # D365-545

It will answer all your questions plus photos of what you are talking about.

patft.uspto.gov.../netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=D365,545.WKU.&OS=PN/D365,545&RS=P N/D365,545

Dark Eagles was an awesome read. I loved the part where they talk about how they used fuel, and its pressure as hydraulics to control the afterburner flaps on the A12/SR71

new topics

top topics

join