It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's get down and dirty.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Politics, viruses, government overreach..... Lets get down to some real nitty gritty....lets throw some blows.....lets make some enemies and lets have some fun.......

What's your favorite cheese?

Why?, whats the dish?, universal usage?, texture, taste, lets really make some enemies here....and lets get a good chuckle out of it.

I'll go first and and sound equally like an ass at the same time.

Mozzarella,

It's nothing special, pretty light but I'm Italian and I can put my thing(mozzerella) in just about anything.

It's not the most flavorfulll(that hurt) but when mixed(okay, that does hurt) it's good on pizza, in dishes, over mexican(I love those girls) and just seems like a good filler.

Good cheese never rides solo, it always has a wingman. I can't imagine anything without a good 2 or 3 cheese blend.
edit on 13-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Like the idea. I'm cooking/baking 2 items at the moment but haven't included cheese. Which after reading this I may try. I'm trying my hand at bread. 2 failures but at east we at the small loaves. I have cooked jerky for many years so the jerky machine pretty well goes 24/7. Everything from curry, chilli, soy. honey, saute, BBQ and plain beef.

I may have to add cheeses to the recipe's.

Will let you know next round.

Kind regards,

Bally and I like Blue Vein cheese.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Like the idea. I'm cooking/baking 2 items at the moment but haven't included cheese. Which after reading this I may try. I'm trying my hand at bread. 2 failures but at east we at the small loaves. I have cooked jerky for many years so the jerky machine pretty well goes 24/7. Everything from curry, chilli, soy. honey, saute, BBQ and plain beef.

I may have to add cheeses to the recipe's.

Will let you know next round.

Kind regards,

Bally and I like Blue Vein cheese.

Baking/cooking without cheese......

Alien invasion confirmed....Go get em boys(girls).......

edit on 13-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I really thought this thread, of all, would have brought out some fighters.....

We are talking the most heated debate the world over....cheese.....

If you haven't ever come close to stabbing someone in the neck over cheese, you aren't a human being.

It brings us all together, while driving us all apart.... this is the real scoop here.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Maytag blue for just snacking, but cheddar for its versatility in so many dishes. I could easily live without meat but no cheese? Ugh. Real deprivation.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I am fond of a creamy blue drenched in maple syrup with an accompaniment of chilled blueberries and washed down with a nice port.

Better than chocolate.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

This is a little bit like if you ask me, what is my favorite music.

It depends on my mood.

Sometimes really strong tasting blue cheese. The Netherlands produces cheese called gouda and it is really tasty. You mentioned mozzarella and i like that, especially on top of pasta dishes to even out the flavors of the pasta sauce.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Brie.. It’s always been brie...
When you heat it up and the centre becomes gooye and runny...

Buy a huge wheel of brie, stick it in the oven, drizzle with honey and nuts and watch that wheel disappear...
Or you know - get some cranberry jelly, or whatever jam/jelly you have.

Even some orange marmalade with some brie on a samwich... cue the drool

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Oh Dear Zap,

You're Italian and you think mozzarella is 'nothing special'? WHAT! Are you sure you are Italian? Mozzarella is the glue in many Italian dishes. You don't cook much do you? I could NOT make chicken parmesan, shells, lasagna or pizza without it!

Also there are MANY cheese that are best on their own, uh Brie comes to mind. All Brie needs is some fresh warm bread or a nice cracker. Gouda is great by itself (mac and cheese favorite) and also my favorite cheese ever, good thing I have my sweet Dutchman to keep my cheese drawer full.....well not now thanks to Covid-19. I'm not doing well with a lack of cheese! I mean good cheese, the crap in stores does not compare to Gouda FROM Gouda! You need to branch out your cheese meals if you feel cheese NEEDS a 'wingman' because I can assure you many do not.

I am a cheese addict. I have one bin in my fridge for cheese. They limit my purchases of shredded cheese but they have not put limits on the import cheeses, which is nice but costly. There are few things I'll spend money on and CHEESE is one of them. I won't think twice to spend whatever is needed for a good brick of cheese. I paid $25 for this one Italian cheese a while back. It is like a parmesan cheese. I was making a dish and it was needed, pricey but damn good!

Cheese is live for me. I love cheese and would never give it up unless I had to due to there being a shortage or well LOCKDOWN and no access! I miss my Havarti dill and smoked Goudas. Oh how I would kill for some manchego or Parmigiano Reggiano or some garlic goat cheese.

Cheese is essential right?

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Brie.. It’s always been brie...
When you heat it up and the centre becomes gooye and runny...

Buy a huge wheel of brie, stick it in the oven, drizzle with honey and nuts and watch that wheel disappear...
Or you know - get some cranberry jelly, or whatever jam/jelly you have.

Even some orange marmalade with some brie on a samwich... cue the drool

You can't see me but I assure you I am jumping and yelling YES YES YES to your comment. BRIE! BRIE IS LIFE!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Thin slice of old dutch master cheese,
Thin slice of smoked pork,
Thin slice of cantaloupe melon.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
You're asking me to pick a favorite?! How can I do that? It's cheese. I love 'em all. I can't honestly pinpoint one that I don't like; they all have their proper places.

The closest to a don't like would be Swiss, but I even like Swiss when cooked into things. I'm just not fond of it for straight up snacking.

As far as a favorite? I think Humboldt Fog comes close, but I am also very partial to smoked varieties of things like gouda and other cheeses in that sort of range.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
I really thought this thread, of all, would have brought out some fighters.....

We are talking the most heated debate the world over....cheese.....

…..

Not EVEN close!!!

You wanna' hear some fightin' words????

Try...9mm vs. .45!!

NOW we're talkin' FIGHT!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I like all cheese. Love all cheese.

Lately my favourites for snacking with crackers or alone are a Port Salut or Chaumes.

With some crusty bread I like a blue cheese like a stilton or a sharp English cheddar.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Gouda is indeed pretty amazing.
Especially the dutch kind, if you get most American gouda it doesnt have enough flavour.
I grew up in NL (Limburg) so have lots of fond memories of running that cheese slicer/scraper over the gouda
putting it on some bread and making a 'toasty' on the little iron.

a reply to: mblahnikluver

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I like a decent quality American cheese,not the processed cheese food crap. I have always had a problems with tyramines, so I like cottage cheese, American cheese, cheaper mozzarela cheese, and stuff like that. I learned my headaches came from the smelly cheeses back in the early seventies, so started avoiding them back then.

I do like Brie once in a while, I get a craving for it. It actually has an antibiotic chemistry in it. But overeating it will also create a headache. So I buy the small package, it holds up for a month in the fridge.

The wife likes cheeses, but not the stinky ones, In fact I kind of like real aziago, but can only eat a small amount as a treat.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar.
Mozzarella
Swiss
American Cheese not cheese product
Port wine cheese balls, yum
Feta crumbles with Greek vinaigrette
Quesa
I could go on all day. I love cheese.

edit on 13-4-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have two favorite types of cheese - Colby and sharp aged cheddar. I’ve been eating Colby cheese since I was a little tiny kid. My Mom used to make homemade Mac and cheese in the oven. She would put a layer of macaroni noodles in a Corning ware dish, then a layer of Colby cheese, another layer of noodles, etc. Final layer of Colby cheese on the top. It would come out of the oven with the top layer of cheese bubbling. Sooooo good. I cannot eat any other kind of Mac and cheese after that.

I never liked sharp cheddar cheese until I met my hubby. He used to have me buy a brick for him, and I would take a little nibble and screw up my face, didn’t like it. The next time I bought him this, he gave me a small slice. It took me like an hour to nibble at it until I was done. The next time, he gave me two slices, which I ate in about 15 minutes and asked for another slice. It’s his fault, LOL! Now I buy and eat it regularly. Go figure. And BTW, if you wanna pick a fight, I’m telling you right now, the best cheese in the world is in Wisconsin! So there!

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

General purpose:
Mozz.

Best tasting:
Bellavitano, which I can eat like candy.

Next up, no order:

Provolone
Goat

Swiss
Jack
Blends

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
That stuff that comes in the spray can.

new topics

top topics

join