It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Has Imposed Restrictions On The Publication Of Academic Research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Damn, to much freedom in China it appears as they are now clamping down on medical publications because they don't like facts getting in the way of their propaganda. Easy solution, just don't let them publish unless the Party agrees with it.

www.cnn.com...

The increased scrutiny appears to be the latest effort by the Chinese government to control the narrative on the origins of the coronavirus pandemic, which has claimed more than 100,000 lives and sickened 1.7 million people worldwide since it first broke out in the Chinese city of Wuhan in December.

Since late January, Chinese researchers have published a series of Covid-19 studies in influential international medical journals. Some findings about early coronavirus cases -- such as when human-to-human transition first appeared -- have raised questions over the official government account of the outbreak and sparked controversy on Chinese social media.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wow can't believe CNN have reported this. Must be a rogue publication which will probably be removed soon.

It's unlike them not to be carrying water for their beloved CCP

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Gee willickers. Who would have thunk it?

China must have their reasons. The Chinese government is one of the finest in the world. They probably just want to check it and make sure the information is correct before putting it out there. You know to prevent fake news.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I was looking into this earlier and yup they have been wiping previously published reports on webpages.

"In terms of priority, controlling the narrative is more important than health or economic fallout"

Said the director of the China Institute in London

They are now seeking to ensure the West perceive China as not the harbingers of disaster but one whereby the CCP did everything right, controlled the epidemic perfectly, lost far less lives and those that remain or have recently become infected is as a result of foreigners. This is the narrative to show the people how perfect the Chinese system of Government is and how faulty and blind Western Governments are. Their hatred for the West is being compounded by a virulent propaganda & lying campaign to the Chinese people and the world, from pushing quiet burials to blaming the USA to punishing and arresting doctors. They are having a far more difficult battle to control now due to technology as something will always get out.

The Guardian

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have to say I'm a little suspicious of the apparent "superbug" nature of this thing. The next thing you know they're going to be telling us this virus can penetrate anything known to man. It seems rather hard to believe that something like this could come out of nowhere in modern times and now we can't even walk past one another without fear of death and must submit to any demand (no matter how extreme) from the state.

I mean, it's a little surprising that even here on ATS there is surprisingly little recognition of the fact that the actual consequences of this virus are exactly what many here have been saying would eventually happen all along (they just didn't know exactly how it would come about). We've turned into an almost totalitarian society in just a few months. This is almost martial law.

Just about every day we're seeing more and more of what would seem like very authoritarian measures in normal times coming right out into the light of day to say hi. And nobody really gives it a second thought because "Hey! The virus man!"

Oh, I know. This is super tinfoil hat stuff, huh? If there's any conspiracy anywhere, it had to be in China, right? Did it?

Ummm...anyway. I'm just rambling. Obviously though. There's nothing new about China censoring information. Don't they always? How would you know the difference between it being something really damning and just being China being China?
edit on 12-4-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Personally, I think if we can deal with the consequences of the "shut down" measures, we can adapt to the consequences of walling ourselves off completely from China. Nothing in, nothing out, from China or any nation who doesn't also seal themselves off completely.

They want to lie and block information about something that affects us directly, then we can't have anysort of dealings with them whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

We've turned into an almost totalitarian society in just a few months. This is almost martial law.

Not even close. Not even close.
My parents lived under martial law. This ain't that.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

China could be taking as large or larger economic hit than any other developed country.

They're reverting to survival mode, the only way they know. Probably won't do them much good.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: BrianFlanders

We've turned into an almost totalitarian society in just a few months. This is almost martial law.

Not even close. Not even close.
My parents lived under martial law. This ain't that.

You have a point. Maybe this is something that cannot be compared to anything else. I guess if I had to create a name for it I would have to give it a name that I didn't even create. Prison Planet.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker as usual fall prey to the boob tube,obvious fact China dumped US dollar aka petro dollar,which our currency is based on,which means the dollar is pretty much worthless,China has been hoarding gold,so don't expect to hear any truth,once again do your own research,don't rely on some paid actor to give you knowledge makes you as sharp as the screen

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In an environment where concealing information and obstructing research can directly result in the unnecessary deaths of thousands or millions of people, the decision of the Chinese government to do just that is not just an admission of guilt, but malicious intent as well.

If their goal is to shift the world's perception of their COVID-19 response from "incompetent" to "evil", they are going about it the right way.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
far as I am concerned another piece of anecdotal evidence that they were at the very least tinkering with this virus and it got away from them, and they are terrified the truth will come out.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
In an environment where concealing information and obstructing research can directly result in the unnecessary deaths of thousands or millions of people, the decision of the Chinese government to do just that is not just an admission of guilt, but malicious intent as well.

If their goal is to shift the world's perception of their COVID-19 response from "incompetent" to "evil", they are going about it the right way.

Not if you read, listen to or watch the ABC here in Australia. Yes, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation which is funded by the taxpayers are salivating over their perceived future where benevolent China will replace the US as the world's super power.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The sooner the world becomes less dependent on China the better.

top topics

join