It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what's for Easter Dinner?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm not cooking anything special in the last days but I had fun making some bread in my dutch oven and use some of the stuff I stored for the virus apocalypse. I didn't put too much yeast, more like 18th century bread I'd say. I'm a big fan of
Townsends, a guy from youtube with an incredible channel about it.

I seasoned this one with garlic powder for a kick.

I added some instant cocoa in the mix and a bit of brown sugar. Not to sweet, just a touch.

On this one, I chopped Dominican salchichon (sausage) and fried before mix.

The whole concept was to see what kind of survival food I can do with whatever I have around. Using the dutch oven instead was part of that concept. They might not look pretty but they are tasty and can fill an empty stomach with just couple of pieces.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Tofurky roast with onions & mushroom gravy, it's not bad if prepared properly. Sorry, I only have enough for myself

Best wishes to you FLYINGCLAYDISK!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Roast leg of lamb (boneless) with rosemary, garlic and lemon juice.

Baked potato.

Green salad.

It’s just me this year thanks to CA’s shelter in place order, so I’m splurging a bit this year.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Nice. I was considering smoking this leg of lamb I have in the freezer, but decided to smoke pork loins and bring one to my elderly aunt, since she's not getting out because shelter in place.

I love me some lamb, though.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Roast beef, potatoes, kumara, beans and salad and roasted chestnuts, then chestnut pancakes for pudding all from my dads organic farm.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The elk pastrami I posted a recipe for on ATS last week, my own sourdough bread, pear chip smoked cheese and horseradish sauce.

The side was roasted potatoes with a little basil, thyme, oregano and rosemary.

Just cleaning out the root cellar.

Dessert was strawberry ice cream from the end of my last year's stash of strawberries.

Washed down with an elderberry/huckleberry wine. (mine.)

I don't think I'm going back to civilization at this point.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have a 7lb ham, ass portion, smoked. Don't try blowing any up mine.

However! I settled on boneless, skinless chicken thighs with spanish rice (thanks to closing shifts at the restaurant because it's made fresh daily) and black eyed peas cooked with bacon.

It's just me and my uncle (in-law? deceased stepdad's brother - he inherited the house) so I didn't want to go big on my one night off for a few days. Cutting up and bagging a big ham would be alot of trouble with him having a fuss about everything, wanting to cut and bag it himself. I make strategic decisions like this for the sake of my few free hours daily. Feigned retreats win the war of leisure.

I baked 2lbs, uncovered with diced onion and a garlic parmesan sauce, then melted pepper jack cheese on it.

It was garbage and I'm capable of so much better. I gave my plate to the pair of sibling chihuahuas my little sister deserted when she moved a few years ago.
edit on 12-4-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I always braise a rabbit for Easter. It started out as a joke 20 years ago and just stuck.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I have a rabbit I call Oatmeal, but I would never eat him despite his tasty name. Someone dumped him in a local park about 3 years ago, probably because he had severe dental problems that would have cost them thousands of dollars to resolve. I got some oats to lure him, caught him in a fishing net, and then saved up for his incisor removal surgery so he could eat without as much difficulty. Now, he's my absolute best friend and I'd rather spend time with him than my GF!

I've had dogs, cats, birds, snails, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters, fish, lizards, amphibians, and I'd fostered rabbits before, but never lived with one long-term. He's much smarter than I imagined rabbits are, he's affectionate, playful, and communicates through body language and sounds. As a non-human companion, I'd venture to say that rabbits are exceptional.

Not trying to ruin your next bunny burger, but maybe you'll someday switch to Impossible Rabbit.
edit on 4162020 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

We "had" a rooster we called "Soup".

He didn't like his name, and he was a pretty nasty/mean fella...but he made a great pot of chicken noodle soup!!!!

That is all.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Was Soup a "pet" or purchased for his "seed"?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join