It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Build Trouble Shooting Help

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

So you're the other person who owns and uses a Steam controller!

Always wondered who that other person was.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The mouse Im using is a G903 @ 300dpi
Doesnt have any of the weights or anything in it, so its on the lighter side. But, nothing like a final mouse, or the like. I enjoy a bit more weight than those, since to my brain.. It usually jives well with the momentum of the character on screen.

For third person games like Monster Hunter: World, I usually just use the steam controller on its own. I got wayyy too used to using a joystick for movement on the G13 and now dont want anything else.

I also usually play on my couch though, so thats kind of its own thing I suppose.

Not at all convinced on GHub software.. But Logitech's software has always had the tendency to be finicky I guess. Its definitely a step down from their older software packages though..

I feel ya on the shoulder/arm/wrist/hand thing though. I had been playing guitar in a strange position for a couple years and it got pretty bad. I had to not only stop playing guitar, but also pretty much anything that required much movement at all. Basically lost every coping mechanism I had left, albeit temporarily (three-four months or so).

Still get twinges.. But thats alright! I can play again with that new guitar design and stuff like games are fine as long as Im sitting right.

Been getting quite a few free games on steam recently too.. And decided to check out Elder Scrolls Online again too. Also ended up getting Guild Wars 2 prepped and patched. In the next few days, Ill be setting up the steam controller for it.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Right?

It didnt get the best reception, and it doesnt feel all too much like a "normal" controller.. But I LOVE it.

Its too bad it got discontinued, but I understand the decision. Snagged an extra one for $5 before they stopped selling them

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Husband hates it, but he's used to playing with mice that feel like they weigh a ton.

Hate may be a strong word, but I do feel like I've broken it when i use it, and it takes me forever to pinpoint a target with it.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I struggle the most with high sensitivity in FPS (specifically had been playing a lot of Destiny 2 until recently).

I swear I hit everything but what Im aiming at. Its a little more doable in PvE, but PvP turns into a nightmare quick.

It makes it so I can turn real fast though
Pirouette, even!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join