It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you when ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I was shopping and all of a sudden people start taking all the toilet paper away by the cart load, It was later on the news that i found out why! It was a virus from China and for some reason it seem's people don't want to run out of ass wipe, I'm still researching this mystery, I've heard many explaination's but why do people feel toilet paper is so important. It's baffling to me!
anyway that's what i'll always remember about the Whinnie the Pooh Kung flu, the day the all the TP disappeared
oh and i was getting my first haircut when JFK was shot

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, you told me not to freak out about a month go.

I did not freak out.

Brother, can you spare a roll?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

9/11

I had just finished seating screen one in the Odeon Cinema when my mate projectionist Luke told me that a plane had hit the WTC.

A short while later, he came to tell me that a second plane hit the other tower.

I knew instantly what was going down, that the US was under attack, and I punched the wall out of frustration.

My eldest Son was only a few months old, and I knew at that point that the world was changed forever.

I was only 18.

Covid-19

I was sat on my sofa staring at this very screen when I'd decided for myself that this virus was going to reach-out and touch everyone in some way, so I formulated my plans, upped my preps, and pulled my kids from school over a week before they were even publicly discussing it over here.

My Daughter suffered as a result, she was denied any work to bring home because of my choice to keep her out, even though her work folder had been sorted for her by her teacher.

Once this all blows over, that headmistress will be publicly exposed for the pathetic tw*t that she is.

I'm a patient man, I'm biding my time.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

I had my head buried in a server rack when one of the boys ran in to say the first plane had hit.

I was doing some urgent work so shrugged it off as a horrendous accident.

When he ran in and said there was a second I downed tools and joind my colleagues to watch the news.

Odd fact, my now Boss was interviewing that day and remembers me in reception retuning the televisons behind reception while he was waiting to be collected by HR.

Small world .

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Just a random thought given what we are dealing with now.

As a collective we have never experienced anything like this.

All recent conflicts, outbreaks etc have been remote, something we see on the news.

I've read countless posts about "during the War" but for the vast majority of us this has been second hand, told by Grand Parents. (My Granddad was a POW on Crete and never spoke of it.)

We are now faced with a situation unprecedented in our time.

9/11 , I had to block the internet in work as the entire call centre was swamping our link to Head Office, bringing the place to its knees.

Afterward, I was talking to our Driver who was a decorated Veteran what he though and He said "You'll remember this moment and where you were when it started for the rest of your life."

Looking back on recent weeks, this will be another of those occasions that will be recounted.

Where were you when it started to get real?

Oct-Jan, training, knew it would be bad

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i have no idea - and the fact that i is hear to report that - domonstrates that where i was - and what i did // thought - didnt really matter.

i know a bloke - who even now - cannot move on from 27 AUGUST 1979 .

i has survived , lived through , witnessed the ups and downs of all or part of 7 decades

some were fun - others brutal

but hear i am - a few bits are broken - but i am still recognisably me

where you were when ..............

doesnt matter

get what you are doing today boxed off - thats more important

end

top topics

<< 1   >>

join