It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you when ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Just a random thought given what we are dealing with now.

As a collective we have never experienced anything like this.

All recent conflicts, outbreaks etc have been remote, something we see on the news.

I've read countless posts about "during the War" but for the vast majority of us this has been second hand, told by Grand Parents. (My Granddad was a POW on Crete and never spoke of it.)

We are now faced with a situation unprecedented in our time.

9/11 , I had to block the internet in work as the entire call centre was swamping our link to Head Office, bringing the place to its knees.

Afterward, I was talking to our Driver who was a decorated Veteran what he though and He said "You'll remember this moment and where you were when it started for the rest of your life."

Looking back on recent weeks, this will be another of those occasions that will be recounted.

Where were you when it started to get real?

edit on 11-4-2020 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I work for a local authority in the U.K and around 5 weeks ago I received an email to start making preparations for myself and my team to start working from home. That is when I knew this was getting real and that the Government were about to change their position regarding a lockdown.

I continued to work, but was advised that my team needed to work from home.

3 weeks ago, I was told my office was closing and that I now had to work from home. I am on standby to assist if critical services start to collapse, but so far no problems.

We will all remember this for as long as we live. Some will have shorter lives than others unfortunately, but it will remain with us none the less.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

9/11 , I had to block the internet in work as the entire call centre was swamping our link to Head Office, bringing the place to its knees.

I was skipping school in a friends basement sitting on the couch smoking a *ahem* cigar and watched it happen live on TV.

My step dad was a warrant officer in 5th group Special Forces at the time and he said they were all sitting around eating lunch when they saw it happen on TV.

He said “Well, here we go.” They got up, threw their lunch away and started to get everything ready.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

At home, drinking coffee, Then checked the news and was like, oh, surprise, surprise, they are going to initiate the new world order over that china flu they can`t shut up about.

Then i started to wonder if this is just a test run, a massive human experiment, or the real deal NWO.
Most likely, it is the last option.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I was in the ER waiting room one month ago today for a non-coronavirus issue. I noticed everyone else was grabbing masks from the check-in area and putting them on which was strange to me considering our state got its first case only 5 days previously and it was way out in the country in someone who had just returned from China. When they got me back to an exam room I asked what was up. The nurse told me that people were getting nervous about the coronavirus and that patients, visitors and even employees were taking every mask they could get their hands on.

When people start to get scared by a perceived threat, whether real or imagined. you know it's about to become a serious issue.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I was at a really nice farmers market having a batsicle.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I work for a Global company and we were in the middle of a massive hardware replacement programme.

Months of prep, many many hours of effort and now we have 250k worth of kit in storage. The first tranche was due to be shipped to Italy.

Literally left work , went for a pint only to see Italy locked down.

I've been furloughed, and seemingly the only one this far.

Anyone in need of some remote IT support to keep me sane?
edit on 11-4-2020 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was at a really nice farmers market having a batsicle.

I knew it was you.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I was at work.

I'm always at work.

Nothing changed.

A new bug, people freaked.

We'll get over it.

I'm typing this from my bunker made from Charmin 2-ply.

God help us all. . . . .

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I "was" always at work lol.

More time to kick back with Breakpirates now though.

www.breakpirates.com

Locked on since 2001

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Part of my job description is service and calibration of many things, including ventilators.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Respect DBC!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

Respect DBC!

2 months ago, I was an over-educated biomedical engineer with an attitude and an easy job.

Then everyone got puckered and I and my team of Gunthers became "The Avengers" except I still can't fit into any tights or wear a cape.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was on Yahoo voice chat, talking to friends all over the world, after getting off a graveyard shift in the steel industry. Everyone around the world was very shaken. I knew they would put out the fire, and the towers would be standing when I woke up that evening. To my surprise, when I awoke, the jet fuel melted all of the steel reinforcement andboth towers had fallen. I remember saying " That's impossible! I work with steel, melt steel, and weld. I know what it takes to melt it...…..

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I remember where I was when the space shuttle exploded.
I remember where I was when 9/11 happened.
I don't remember where or when this pandemic actually made me just stop.. And realize everything just changed.
It was like a frog boil instead of a lobster pot.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
On a low budget western movie at Eaves Movie ranch. Most of the crew were ignoring the warnings except for 2 young grips wearing masks.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was going to visit my husband at the nursing home he’s in. He had a stroke back in February. I usually visited him 3-4 times a week. In early March, I went to visit, and there was a lady sitting right at the front door. She informed me that all nursing homes in the state were closed for all visitation except end of life. As I turned around and walked back to my car, I started to cry. I knew then that things were very bad and lots of lives would change. I haven’t seen my husband since.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD
Hugs ChiefD.
How is He now? xx

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
Hugs ChiefD.
How is He now? xx

He unfortunately has gone as far as he can. He will have to stay at the nursing home permanently. Our phone conversations are surreal. I never know when he’ll be somewhat lucid. When he’s in a bad mood, he is very verbally abusive. But he has a better quality of life there than he would at home. I cannot take care of him. He needs help with everything. Thanks for asking.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Stuck for words x

That would be hellish at any time, more so now.

Sending my best x

top topics

<<   2 >>

join