It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But muh rights...!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: schuyler

a reply to: FyreByrd

I dont need your approval or agreement. They dont come from you or any government.

Where do they come from?

They are inherent, as I'm sure you know.

Inherent? So the "Right to bear arms" is inherent? We're not getting very good answers here. First I'm told our rights do NOT come from either me or the government. Then I'm told rights come from "not getting constantly stopped," and now I'm told they are "inherent." Now Thomas Jefferson wrote that we are "endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." So he's saying "God did it." But without much elaboration. I don't know where that leaves atheists, because if God doesn't exist, his proclamations are null and void. And, of course, the US Constitution proclaims we have certain delineated rights for no other reason than that the Constitution says so. But that is hardly universal. It applies only in the USA and it constrains only the federal government from passing certain laws. It DOES NOT SAY you have the right to medical care or the right to ice cream.

Seems to me there are a whole lot of people claiming a whole lot of rights without a whole lot of foundation.

Play again? Y/N

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: DietWoke

The thing is though...
This isnt much of a lockdown is it? I mean, I want something from the store, ain't really nothing stopping me from running down for it... even if it's just a 20 oz. Bottle of soda. The cars are still bopping down the highway by my house just like they always have.
My sister lives in upstate NY. She has never been one to stay put. Her and her husband packs themselves a lunch every nice day and goes to a different park and have a picnic.
You are far from being locked down!! And, from what I have seen, they are failing to enforce the measures they have in place now...
They ain't gonna lock down large areas of the country. It isnt worth the hassle to them, although it would be a far more effective way to contain the virus.

All of this. You can go almost anywhere you want, and get anything you want. Gubment ain't out there forcing you to stay home at gunpoint. Most states are like, "if you can stay home, please do" and the feds haven't put any orders in place yet. If anything is overblown, it's the backlash from tin foil wearing Americans. THE WHOLE WORLD is trying to make this so it doesn't overwhelm our healthcare system, and it's working in most places. That said, if you all REALLY think it's the tyranny you speak of. You look like a bunch of pussies. This is the moment you've supposedly been waiting for with your pew pews! Kill people, and then kill more people with the virus if your mobility scooter revolution actually changes anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I just thought he was dismantling the deep state, you know fighting for the rights of the little guy, you know for smaller government and all that freedom that comes with it.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

What the hell, I'll giver a shot.

The constitution of the United States.

Written at a time, by our government, when they actually cared about their citizens?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

God didnt do it. There were large sections of the people that weren't endowed with these rights..
Females, slaves come to mind.
Cant really say our founders did it via the constitution for the same reason.
My guess is that the privileged men who had these rights did it by expanding their understanding and granting the rest of us the same rights.

What i find find concerning is that I do believe there is at least a few whining about their rights who had no problem promoting and supporting limiting those rights to other groups in our society.
They seem to want the laws to be more accommodating to chrstianity.
They had no problem with the patriot act as long as it was aimed at depriving muslims of basic rights and protections.
If you've supported reducing the rights and protections of others, you have supported the curtailing of your own rights.

But, the federal. State, and local government has always had the power to interfere with our rights to protect public health. The question is more at what point is such interference beyond what is needed to protect public health and the burden placed on the people cant be reasonably justified. Weather they have gone beyond that point is debatable... weather they have the power to infringe on your rights for the sake of public health isnt. If they didnt have that power, they wouldnt be able to enforce a quarentine on anyone.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What makes me nervous is that the inadequacy in our government will make this disease go on many times longer than in other countries that responded better and figured out how to put a stop to it quicker. China got everything under control in 3 months and has lifted the closures. Germany and a few other 1st world countries responded so well and so effectively, they have minimal deaths and have slowed down their infections.

We are the only country whose infection rate is insanely out of control and we can see no exit out of this. It scares me that having nobody in the government capable of handling this crisis as others have, will erode our rights over a much longer period of time.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Seems to me there are a whole lot of people claiming a whole lot of rights without a whole lot of foundation.

Freedom is a universal law, and is regulated by the law of cause and affect. Every man has the freedom to do as he pleases, provided he accept the equal rights of all others.

To break the laws of freedom comes with its consequences. All Karma is balanced and universal justice is perfect. Those who break those laws will experience the loss of their own freedom .. magnified, until they are bought back into balance with the universal law.

Atheists are a minority group

In the US, a full 96% of people believe in God, in some interpretation or other, the remaining 4% are spiritually handicapped and they need to spend time looking inwards to alleviate their temporary blindness. Where it is dark, shine your light inside through meditation, and you will discover for yourself.

500 divine gems to continue the game ..

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

a reply to: FyreByrd

Forgive me for not having hope. History is pretty clear on that.

It is crystal clear that your rights end where mine begin.

I dont need your approval or agreement. They dont come from you or any government.

I think the disconnect is where your rights infringe on the rights and safety of others. If this was Ebola with a 3 week asymptomatic, contagious incubation, would you be within your rights to continue soreading it all over the place.

Maybe I see it differently because I'm not locked in my house - I haven't been following much of what's happening outside of my little world in the Chicago suburbs. Yeah, plenty of places I can't go right now, but none that I would normally go to anyway, so its not bothering me personally.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

God didnt do it. There were large sections of the people that weren't endowed with these rights..
Females, slaves come to mind.
Cant really say our founders did it via the constitution for the same reason.
My guess is that the privileged men who had these rights did it by expanding their understanding and granting the rest of us the same rights.

What i find find concerning is that I do believe there is at least a few whining about their rights who had no problem promoting and supporting limiting those rights to other groups in our society.
They seem to want the laws to be more accommodating to chrstianity.
They had no problem with the patriot act as long as it was aimed at depriving muslims of basic rights and protections.
If you've supported reducing the rights and protections of others, you have supported the curtailing of your own rights.

But, the federal. State, and local government has always had the power to interfere with our rights to protect public health. The question is more at what point is such interference beyond what is needed to protect public health and the burden placed on the people cant be reasonably justified. Weather they have gone beyond that point is debatable... weather they have the power to infringe on your rights for the sake of public health isnt. If they didnt have that power, they wouldnt be able to enforce a quarentine on anyone.

Bra-fricking-VO dawnstar! WELL SAIS! Quoted in entirety for justifiable repetition.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
JinMI

During the ‘lockdown’…
I am aware that I may leave my home to go to some places, without being arrested or ticketed…
….today.
… And I note that the majority are staying within their homes.

MY concern is… what happens if somehow, the ‘stop switch’ disconnects the internet, and perhaps the phones ?
We would not be able to gather together -- and, how would be communicate ?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The government should force individuals to get their recommended 20 minutes of exercise 3 times a week.
They should also force a healthy diet.
THese people eat like pigs and are so lazy they haven't exercised in decades...
For real...Why should I stay home for a bunch fat lazy idiots. Sitting on their arses waiting for a needle cure...
Pretty pathetic. They have to be told to wash their hands? Dirty fers. How pathetic are these dirty idiots? If they ate right and exercised in the first place they wouldn't be so high risk. They can stay home themselves and they won't get the virus.

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: added something

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You need to realize you never had rights. You only had a bill of temporary privileges. Rights are only rights if they can't be taken away.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Said it before and I'll say it again. You have a higher chance of dying in some household accident while you are locked down for so long than you do from getting what they are labeling covid aka half of people who die from anything medical at all if you die between January and now. And no that last part of the comment isn't conspiracy theory. What I am sick of is people who are whining and reporting neighbors and supporting dystopia who aren't even informed about what covid means or the procedures in place which yes, very much so order doctors to justify countless deaths as covid caused when they aren't as much as even related. Go read.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Being offended IS a Right.
Mandating how others must respond to that feeling, is not.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theli93
a reply to: DBCowboy

Being offended IS a Right.
Mandating how others must respond to that feeling, is not.

I stand corrected.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Fail.

The concept of Rights being "inherent" is that they "belong to the intrinsic nature of" every living being. (Yes, that includes animals.) No government (no matter its form or history), group, or individual, can either grant or revoke Rights. However, that does not render them incapable of infringing upon them.

It is for this reason, "Man [and every other being for that matter] has the right to kill those who would thwart these rights." The only question is whether or not they have the knowledge, capacity, and Will, to do so (and can accept the potential consequences).

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

in my observation, the panic is more contagious than the virus.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Yes! It's a fu**ing pandemic. Why can't these people read a book and learn the overwhelming truth that...no matter what your government does, people are going to pass away during a pandemic. Anyone could. People here think that if we "lock it down" for a week, there will be no new cases next week.

🤦‍♀️

Why doesn't anyone Read. Books.

Are you genuinely this stupid or are you trolling?

It's about limiting the numbers in the early stages so hospitals are less overwhelmed and, consequently, less people die.

Selfish idiots like you saying "PEOPLE WILL DIE I CAN DO WOT I LIKE" are precisely the reason such measures are needed. Because you're selfish.

I'll say it one more time so it has less chance of being ignored by hysterical tools: IT'S ABOUT SLOWING THE PACE OF INFECTION WHILE HOSPITALS CATCH UP.

Blame your moron leader for completely screwing the whole thing up despite endless warnings from professionals months ago, while whining constantly on twitter about the media being mean to him.

People like you are why government control is needed. The general public are not bright.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don’t care what you do, but I do care I lost my job, my wedding date, and feel lied to by the talking heads while countless gulp up their fear motivated drivel about an annual event called flu season. The numbers aren’t beyond precious flu seasons despite many insisting this is the end of the world.

You are welcome to hide in your house and give up your income for who knows how long if it makes you happy, I support your pursuit of happiness, long as it doesn’t tread on mine.

edit on 12-4-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2020 by Rob808 because: I don’t spell goodz drunk

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Reading is hard, and they no longer teach it properly in schools. Phonics are a proven approach, so they must be the wrong one. Whole language doesn't work at all, so that's what they use.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join