It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But muh rights...!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: FyreByrd

Forgive me for not having hope. History is pretty clear on that.

It is crystal clear that your rights end where mine begin.

I dont need your approval or agreement. They dont come from you or any government.

And neither do I.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Actually, history isnt pretty clear on that.
"Our rights" are something men and women have fought for through history.
And, still are.

"Our rights" have been defined and redefined, granted to and stripped away all through history. They have been forcibly removed, as well as eagerly given up.
Heck, go to any church in america and listen long enough you will hear the pastor try to convince at least a portion of his congregation to relinquish those rights.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
But self-identified conservative on September 18, 2011 on the subject:

As a conservative in favor of limited government, people often ask me what kind of government intervention I do support.

The answer is simple: I’m in support of people doing anything they want in a free and democratic society—until their actions infringe on my freedom or anyone else’s.

At that point, the state ought to step in, if only to maintain personal liberty. If the state doesn’t intervene in those instances, when minimal intervention would be required to rectify the situation, then the situation risks spiraling out of control to the point where extreme measures become warranted.

A simple example is provided....

Take smoking, for example. As a nonsmoker with a severe aversion to tobacco, I don’t mind if someone smokes, as long as it isn’t imposed on me.

But when someone walks down the sidewalk puffing away and, as an unsuspecting pedestrian, I get blasted in the face with the resulting cloud of ash, that’s a violation my personal choice not to partake in that activity.

Smoke anywhere you want—but do it with a plastic bag tied over your head, please. Then everyone’s happy.

Smokers lament the law becoming increasingly restrictive as to where they can light up in public, but it’s only because enough of them have chosen to behave in a manner that restricted others’ freedom not to smoke.

humanevents.com...

In fact, the entirety of LAW, from Hamrurabi to today is an attempt to encode this in black and white - and it's not - the law fails much of the time.

Wisdom is required to navigate the grey, the ability to hear and understand others and the context and to decide on the best decision for the most people in any given situation. And that is the purview of Judges. Unfortunately we pick judges for ideological reasons and not for Wisdom.

What we need now - is wisdom. Not My Rights Uber Alles. Wisdom, understanding and compassion.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So what I'm getting from your examples is, liberty and freedom, but if I get butthurt, then bring on the police-state.

That's not real freedom, that's just pretending until someone hurts your feels.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Locally, regionally, nationally and especially globally I see folks across the net and within earshot diminishing others rights so they can have a piece of mental normalcy and perceived security.

Your rights end where mine begin. Vice versa is also true. Agree?

I'm just so sick and tired of hearing that the government should enlist even more draconian measures to quell the threat of covid from normal citizens.

I'm tired of being told that I want thousands to die because I refuse to stay home.

I'm tired of being told , just a few more weeks. Ffs there is NO EXIT STRATEGY or end date for this emergency....

Read and apply some logic to my last statement....

War on covid.
War on terror.
War on drugs.

They never end. The power is never given back.

If the power is never given back, then stop whining about it!
Thread after thread like this keeps getting started, ad infinitum. I'm getting so sick of you people whining about "muh rights!" Either do something about it or put a cork in it. I just signed in to leave this comment, so don't waste your breath berating me for not bowing down to your opinion. I won't be back to see any replies.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I just signed in to leave this comment, so don't waste your breath berating me for not bowing down to your opinion. I won't be back to see any replies.

Glad I could trigger your delicate sensibilities.

Back to the basement with ye.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What we need now - is wisdom. Not My Rights Uber Alles. Wisdom, understanding and compassion.

So individuals need to give up even more to satiate the multi-wanting masses with nothing in return? Not even their viewpoint on the matter will be respected.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: JinMI

Yes! It's a fu**ing pandemic. Why can't these people read a book and learn the overwhelming truth that...no matter what your government does, people are going to pass away during a pandemic. Anyone could. People here think that if we "lock it down" for a week, there will be no new cases next week.

🤦‍♀️

Why doesn't anyone Read. Books.

Did China have any new cases yesterday?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It disturbs me how many are compliant with our rights and freedoms being stripped from us. In fact they appear grateful for it.

As I said at the very beginning of all this, Americans have just announced to our government overlords how docile and soft we are. We're only as strong as our toilet paper!

TPTB know they can send us into lockdown anytime they want from now on. There will never be pushback as our former way of life is chipped away.

It only gets worse from here.

edit on 11-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

It disturbs me how many are compliant with our rights and freedoms being stripped from us. In fact they appear grateful for it.

What is even more disturbing is the line being drawn where if you do not agree and accept the tyrannical measures, you should be ridiculed and killed off.

I don't think folks realize the precedent that is being set. They just want to feel safe..at all costs.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Of course. The government can't grab more power without demonizing anyone who raises questions, shows resistance, and can place fitting puzzle pieces together.

We are literally terrorists now.

At least I won't cower at home like a little bitch. I value my freedom plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

War on covid.
War on terror.
War on drugs.

They never end. The power is never given back.

But, we are at war with (insert latest boogie man here); we have always been at war with (insert latest boogie man here).

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia are always at war.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Sing it, brother

If it makes you feel any better, three neighbors today have family over for cook-outs, and one left with his boat. Motorized. Judging by the folks not home on surrounding blocks, a lot of neighborhood boaters gave the government the finger and went out today.

And I have to give the nurse across the street major props for not buying into or peddling the masks-outside-work drumbeat. "Don't bother. Most people have no idea how to fit them snuggly, and are protecting no one with all those periphery gaps. These morons making and reusing cloth ones have no clue how to sterilize them, so they're effectively breathing through a germ-riddled face equivalent of a clogged up furnace filter. We'll see them in the ER eventually from making themselves sick. Dumb asses."

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: schuyler

I dont need your approval or agreement. They dont come from you or any government.

Where do they come from?

Not being slapped on a regular basis.

"Not being stopped on a regular basis" is where your rights come from? I'm not seeing the logic in that.

Play again? Y/N

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

I support the 2nd so I have been called a terrorist, a nazi, a white supremacist and everything else you can imagine, those slurs have become meaningless to me except for the joy I get from triggering someone to the point that they scream it at me, so I would be more worried about watching the laws our loving government decides to sneak thru than being called a terrorist.

I jest, however I will say this, "Watch closely the bills being brought forth by these slugs in Congress. The media will remain silent, so it will be up to those of us paying attention to dig into these documents which were probably already drawn up way before 2020.".

Hell, Diane Feinstien want to send $5 Billion to Iran in the next wave of fiat currency that will be on the head of tax paying US citizens to pay back.

Lindsey Graham and Richard Bloomenthal are pushing a bill to give the government a back door ending all encryption on the internet as we type.

I am quite sure many more draconian bills are being pushed thru while the media has us shaking in our boots over being on lock down.
edit on 11-4-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Why doesn't anyone read books...
They have been conditioned to read everything on computers
and cellphones.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Funny anecdote. Saw a guy...on his motorcycle...with a little trailer...and a boat.

Yea. I have mad respect for that stranger!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Where do they come from?

They are inherent, as I'm sure you know.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Funny anecdote. Saw a guy...on his motorcycle...with a little trailer...and a boat.

Yea. I have mad respect for that stranger!

Lmfao, towing a boat with a bike, now THAT'S Michigan dedication XD

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join