It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces ‘Preparation for Military Struggle’ with Taiwan

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Cydonia2012
China’s about to get rolled and they know it. The days of their totalitarian state are numbered. Cover-19 won’t save them, it only delayed the inevitable revolution on their hands, in their mainland and Hong Kong. The world is waking up to their evil and this virus will be the straw that broke the camel’s back. They’re desperate !!

youtu.be...

Yet, people like you are oblivious, or ignore the horrors we in the West have done. Why is that? Why do people look at other countries and the terrible things they do, yet ignores the terrible things their country has done, as if it ok.

This is the reason we will always have conflicts, invasions and wars, because most of the population are brainwashed and conditioned to be patriotic for their country, which means their country can pretty much get away with the things they do.

I’m not patriotic for or brainwashed for nothing. I’m just discussing the subject at hand. You would like to discuss a different subject about a different country then make a thread and we can discuss it there.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

As it stands, we owe China a massive volley of nukes for their lies and deception regarding the virus. I don't think we should do that, but I wouldn't argue against it if we did.

Our companies should pull out completely, we should cut off ALL trade and travel with China, settle up balances and boot China out of all property and investment holdings in the US. Give them a timeframe to sell. China should be relegated to North Korea status. Let the Chinese people know they can come back into the fold when they overthrow their leadership.

I don't care, ____ 'em. Now is as good a time as any to put them on their butts and re-start everything without them as our Trade Lords.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
China let loose a biological weapon. They covered up as much as they could for as long as they could. They used their influence in WHO to help the cover up. The Chinese people are fine, it’s the communist regime that is evil and has no regard for human rights. The right thing to do would be to stop investing in China and start the pullout of industry and money. The easiest way to collapse China is for all countries to stop doing any meaningful business with them. Don’t import Chinese goods. Stop manufacturing anything but rubber dog crap there. Lack of money will bring them down as quickly as it would any country. It’s treasonous the way US media can be controlled by the Chinese government.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
China let loose a biological weapon. They covered up as much as they could for as long as they could. They used their influence in WHO to help the cover up. The Chinese people are fine, it’s the communist regime that is evil and has no regard for human rights. The right thing to do would be to stop investing in China and start the pullout of industry and money. The easiest way to collapse China is for all countries to stop doing any meaningful business with them. Don’t import Chinese goods. Stop manufacturing anything but rubber dog crap there. Lack of money will bring them down as quickly as it would any country. It’s treasonous the way US media can be controlled by the Chinese government.

It's funny, in one sentence you say the Chinese people are fine, then in another sentence you basically say we should cripple their economy leaving millions without jobs causing huge amounts of damage.

When are you people going to realise. The people who suffer when it comes to things like this is not the givernment, but the normal people.

Again, it's hard for people like you to understand that if you stop importing from China, millions of companies will go under, either because they have no products , or because prices will sky rocket and people will not be about to afford them.

It's not as easy as that! America would be hurt just as much as China! Also, China has the rest of the world to sell their products, not just America.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: wdkirk
The right thing to do would be to stop investing in China and start the pullout of industry and money. The easiest way to collapse China is for all countries to stop doing any meaningful business with them. Don’t import Chinese goods. Stop manufacturing anything but rubber dog crap there. Lack of money will bring them down as quickly as it would any country.

Again, it's hard for people like you to understand that if you stop importing from China, millions of companies will go under, either because they have no products , or because prices will sky rocket and people will not be about to afford them.

It's not as easy as that! America would be hurt just as much as China! Also, China has the rest of the world to sell their products, not just America.
America is a full 30 percent of the world consumer market. China sells 19 percent of its exports to us. They’re not going to find any other nation that can replace us as an export market. And China buys only 5 percent of America’s exports.

By the time this pandemic is over, we’re going to be making all the N95 masks and ventilators we need. We’re already cranking out test kits like crazy; the tests done per million population keep rising rapidly.

I think you’ll see a lot of anger over what China has done to America and the world. Millions of Americans are out of jobs, for Chrissakes. More than 28,000 people have died.

I’m not saying they did it deliberately, but it definitely originated there and the CCP hid the nature of the virus for weeks and even had the temerity to blame it on the U.S. Army! China, and only China, is responsible for this economic catastrophe and enormous loss of life. They will pay, one way or another, but certainly in greatly decreased exports.

If the EU and UK, along with the USA, wisely decide to decouple their economies from China, the latter will have lost access to nations that bought 35.5 percent of its exports. China enjoyed a $452 billion trade surplus with the USA and EU in 2017.

If the other First World nations that have been deeply wounded by this pandemic followed suit with their own embargoes, China would be cut off off from two-thirds of the entire world consumer market. I’d love to see it happen, and I’m not the only one.
edit on 15-4-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typos

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The US won't lift a finger if China goes at Taiwan.

The US still doesn't even recognize Taiwan as an independent nation! No chance they go to war over it.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Another example of Chinese manufacturing.

Their new aircraft carrier on fire.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They are also made with Chinese parts!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UltimaRatio1

ah blame the tool not the user got it!

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UltimaRatio1

Amazing how everything is China's fault. I suppose they made the paper and flammable materials that caught fire too.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well firework come from China

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

reply to: Scapegrace

America is a full 30 percent of the world consumer market. China sells 19 percent of its exports to us. They’re not going to find any other nation that can replace us as an export market. And China buys only 5 percent of America’s exports.

Yeah, but you are missing the point here. Do you know how many businesses America rely on China for its products? I am not talking about just the huge businesses, but also the small businesses. Why do they rely on China? Because they can get their products cheap.

If the west pull out of China, including the thousands soon thousands of small businesses, watch them collapse one one one. I hear a lot of people saying bring the work home. What, are you going to get the average person in the West be on the same money and work 7 days a week. It's not going to happen. Product prices will go up, people will not be able to afford them, and companies will fall.

It's not as easy as you think it is.

I think you’ll see a lot of anger over what China has done to America and the world. Millions of Americans are out of jobs, for Chrissakes. More than 28,000 people have died.

We have seen it all before. Remember the Spanish flu that killed millions. Thst very flu could have been born in the West. We will always be seeing these viruses. Look at HIV. Killed millions and was born in Africa.

There is also a lot of anger for the fact that The west knew about this virus for a while, but did not take the proper steps to contain the virus. A lot of people are to blame for what we see now.

I’m not saying they did it deliberately, but it definitely originated there and the CCP hid the nature of the virus for weeks and even had the temerity to blame it on the U.S. Army! China, and only China, is responsible for this economic catastrophe and enormous loss of life. They will pay, one way or another, but certainly in greatly decreased exports.

It was one chinese official who said this, and as far as I know, his own opinion, and it was quickly silenced. The virus my have been born in China, but huge mistakes were made in the West to contain the virus, and these mistakes are continuing. I remember hearing about the virus weeks before it hit the UK, and when it did not the UK, it was not taken seriously. Even Boris talking about it with a joke and a smile. Was weeks before we put a lick down in place. Simply not good enough.

If the EU and UK, along with the USA, wisely decide to decouple their economies from China, the latter will have lost access to nations that bought 35.5 percent of its exports. China enjoyed a $452 billion trade surplus with the USA and EU in 2017.

It's not going to happen, as I stated earlier.

If the other First World nations that have been deeply wounded by this pandemic followed suit with their own embargoes, China would be cut off off from two-thirds of the entire world consumer market. I’d love to see it happen, and I’m not the only one.

I have to ask, why would you love this to happen? Who will suffer if this did happen? The normal everyday people living in China, and I do not want that, and I would not want that on any country. But it will not happen anyway, it's wishful thinking for a lot of people. Pull out of China and watch your own economy suffer.

The west needs China, and China needs the West.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I have to ask, why would you love this to happen? Who will suffer if this did happen? The normal everyday people living in China, and I do not want that, and I would not want that on any country.

I have to ask why do you so ferociously defend the CCP at every turn, every thread anytime anyone says anything about the CCP you go but the people will suffer.

They have suffered since the rise of Mao they have suffered at this point they probably just think that's life.

So why do you continue to deflect and defend a government that has such a brutal history of repression and even right now is putting people into camps because of their ethnicity and religion?

Yea yea I know but the west did... its interesting that you seem willing to lump everyone in the west as guilty but with china its the people are innocent.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I have to ask why do you so ferociously defend the CCP at every turn, every thread anytime anyone says anything about the CCP you go but the people will suffer.

Please post where I have said I like the Chinese government? I defend the Chinese people, like I would defend any people of any country, and you may have realised, China is taking a battering on here, not just their givernment buy their people too.

They have suffered since the rise of Mao they have suffered at this point they probably just think that's life.

So, all the Chinese people are suffering? How do you know this? Have you been to China?

So why do you continue to deflect and defend a government that has such a brutal history of repression and even right now is putting people into camps because of their ethnicity and religion?

Again, how am I defending the Chinese Government? I know what they are capable of, just like bow I know what western governments are capable of.

Yea yea I know but the west did... its interesting that you seem willing to lump everyone in the west as guilty but with china its the people are innocent.

Please tell me how I lumped everyone in the West as guilty? Please do not put words in my mouth, it's not good.

I am not saying all China people are innocent, I do not know all the Chinese people! This is not about the people, this is about the government's.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've been thinking about what would happen with a war either physical or intense trade war with China.

Short-term there would of course be shortages in supplies but probably not food. Maybe medicine.

Some will be handled in the US but I bet the big winner will be India. I could see them ramping up production, at a higher cost of course. Mexico could probably pick up some too.

I could also see the US investing a robotics to run the plants, which would put China permanently out of jobs.

China would experience short-term food shortages. They may or may not experience energy shortages - this would depend on their relationship with Russia. If that goes bad too they would have a lack of energy.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Products are cheap from china because the people are treated poorly and paid a low world wage.
However the Chinese people killed lots of baby girls during their 1 family 1 baby period not just the government.
Every year the southeast Asia Flu is developed and mutated out of the Chinese people's animal husbandry behaviours.

So don't get on a high horse about the poor souls. The government don't educate and change their bad habits, don't stop the cruelty and the general bad behaviours so the whole cultural aspect is flawed.

Western societies does have the problems too of bad people and bad companies but from the rule of law perspective there are more rules and more education on how to behave properly live in a civilized manner with more enforcement.

FYI China's economy has shrunk for the first time in decades
Japan are actively paying firms to live China.

If pollution causing plastic re-sellers of junk close that will be a good thing in the long run.
Soon we are weaned of this crap pile of useless # the better.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join