It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Announces ‘Preparation for Military Struggle’ with Taiwan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: face23785

either way i see a taiwan invasion triggering a new cold war and America supporting Taiwanese resistance even if indirectly.

I'll let you have cold war and resistance. Talk of us going to open war with China and WW3 is just nonsense. People really need to read up a little on geopolitics.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: infolurker

Not really, in a conventional war they are toast if they come up against the US and they know it.

They sink an American warship under this administration and it is "game over".

It think it would be game over from both sides. You think you can win a war in a with China. Its a country that can manufacture thousands more drones a day than the US/

In the age of autmotion of warfare its not a war the US wins.

Yeah, I do.

China would have a Saddam Hussein like awakening moment when their military is shredded.

If we went to war with them with our military of 20 years ago, they would still lose badly.

edit on 11-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Agreed but maybe this is what war with China looks like:

US charging 25% tariffs on imports
US Re shaping our trade relationship saving the US billions
China trying to get Venezuela(#1 oil reserve) to sell in the yuan
Bio weapons-coronavirus
infiltrate telecommunication industry in North America
Take over US manufacturing industries
Control US manufacturing and supply chain of medicine/antibiotics
China currency manipulation
massive espionage
Infiltrate US media
Infiltrate the World Health Organization
Joe Biden/Diane Feinstein owned
NBA sports league owned
China slowly expanding, ignoring international laws
And so on.
This is more like the way I would expect the war to look like, throw in allies both politically and economically to work against the US interests like Iran and Russia. I think we have too many Chinese moles in our government/congress/media/business.
Maybe we are at war with China after all, it just looks different than "call of duty" or any traditional war we've been accustomed to.

originally posted by: purplemer

Not really, in a conventional war they are toast if they come up against the US and they know it.

They sink an American warship under this administration and it is "game over".

It think it would be game over from both sides. You think you can win a war in a with China. Its a country that can manufacture thousands more drones a day than the US/

In the age of autmotion of warfare its not a war the US wins.

Yeah, I do.

China would have a Saddam Hussein like awakening moment when their military is shredded.

If we went to war with them with our military of 20 years ago, they would still lose badly.

edit on 11-4-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Willtell
It’s inevitable that China will attack Taiwan.

Then we will face WWIII, for sure, as the US is a staunch ally of Taiwan.

If China attacked Taiwan, the U.S. would not respond militarily.

I'll take that bet!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
China views Taiwan as a rebel territory the way Serbia views Kosovo as a rebel territory. Of course, an invasion is only a matter of time. China is building 3rd and 4th aircraft carriers. It starts with naval blockade when China builds 10 aircraft carriers. Doubt the US would go to war with China by that time but who knows.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
China may think now is a good time to flex some muscle whilst the world is struggling with the coronavirus. They would not give a damn about the morals or principles of it all. They ignore International Law and basically do what they like and to date get away with it.
The time is coming when the USA and the Western World Nations will have to stand united against this bully. As the clock ticks away, that moment is getting closer. Then we will see what we don't want - WWIII.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Listening to all you fear mongering, war loving, patriot loving people is really sad! It really is! Sounds to me that some of you are actually excited by the prospect. But hey, that's how you have been conditioned to be!

Firstly, sorry to disappoint some of you, but China will not invade Taiwan. But don't worry, you can still play war games like call of duty to make you feel better.

China is the oldest civilization in the world. You really think they are that stupid to invade Taiwan? As much as some of you would love this to happen, it's not going to happen.

All of of you arm chair soldiers saying America would come to Taiwans aid and easily defeat China. You really think two of the biggest super powers going to war would not drag other countries into it? It would be a ww3, where no doubt another nuke will be dropped (maybe more than one) thst will kill thousands of innocent men, women and children!

This is bloody real life, not a game!

I read threads like this, and it just sadly reminds me how brainwashed and conditioned most people are

Umm actually...the current government/civilization didnt exist in old CHina. its not the same place it once was.
And AGE does not dictate WISDOM.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris
no they aren't dumb but pride and ambitions can make even the smartest do foolish things when they have power and think themselves unstoppable.

So, let me get this straight. China are dumb enough to invade Taiwan, knowing America would most prob get involved, amongst other western countries also, and start a war they cannot win, or ww3 that would most prob be the end of all of us.

Why the hell would they do that when they do not need too? This is want a lot of arm chair soldiers want China to do. It's not going to happen!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Umm actually...the current government/civilization didnt exist in old CHina. its not the same place it once was.
And AGE does not dictate WISDOM.

China are known to be the oldest living civilization in tbe world. It's not a fact I made up in my own head, as it's wildly accepted.

Age does not dictate wisdom? So that means they would be suicidal and invade Taiwan? You really think they are that stupid?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

no they aren't dumb but pride and ambitions can make even the smartest do foolish things when they have power and think themselves unstoppable.

So, let me get this straight. China are dumb enough to invade Taiwan, knowing America would most prob get involved, amongst other western countries also, and start a war they cannot win, or ww3 that would most prob be the end of all of us.

Why the hell would they do that when they do not need too? This is want a lot of arm chair soldiers want China to do. It's not going to happen!

Im guessing for the same reason TPTB need more control than they already have, some folks have very distorted views of the world at large.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Im guessing for the same reason TPTB need more control than they already have, some folks have very distorted views of the world at large.

Yeah, I guess it's not people's fault to a certain extent. They have been brainwashed and conditioned to think war is ok, and the deaths if innocent people in another country is ok, because the do not look at these people as individuals , but part of a collective. It's a horrible way to think, but we are still a very primitive race that still deals in tribal warfare.

Not in my life time will we see that change

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

It's even uglier than that, the same people will look at their own countrymen as sub human if they don't tow the line as they see it, foreigners are even lower on the scale which is seemingly impossible yet here we are.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I remember that like the pulling over of his statue on world wide news. You do know that way faked. They paid people to take part.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Nm.
edit on 4/12/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Agreed but maybe this is what war with China looks like:

Infiltrate US media

Unfortunately they wouldn't have to do that. Our media is happy to cooperate with them. They admire China and wish they had the kind of control over people here that China has over their people.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Too much Call of Duty.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Nm.

Yeah, why bother? When people already believe propaganda, explaining to them why it's wrong isn't gonna do any good.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Too much Call of Duty.

Are the chinese people calling for a war with America, or any other western countries? No, they are not. But the west, especially America live their wars or invasions, or like the thought of wars and invasions. It's pretty said. It's hard to find a thread about china without some idiot saying we should nuke China!

Lime of said! Arm chair soldiers who would most prob sh%t their pants if they were faced with a real war on their doorstep.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It's hard to find a thread about china without some idiot saying we should nuke China!

The only people who have brought up nukes in this thread are the people defending China.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's hard to find a thread about china without some idiot saying we should nuke China!

The only people who have brought up nukes in this thread are the people defending China.

I did not say this thread. And how am I sticking up for China? Saying China would not be stupid enough to invade Taiwan means I am sticking up for China?

Please explain your logic?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join