It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen in remote Amazonian tribe tests positive for coronavirus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

By Greg Norman | Fox News
A 15-year-old male from a remote indigenous tribe in the Amazon rainforest has tested positive for the coronavirus, Brazilian health officials said.

As of Friday, the teen from the Yanomami tribe remains in the ICU at a hospital in Roraima state, Insider.com reported, citing the O Globo newspaper.

Health Minister Luiz Henrique Mandetta was quoted saying that the case is “worrying” considering the tribe’s isolation from the outside world.

The teen reported having shortness of breath and fever, among other symptoms.

The Yanomami tribe, which inhabits the Venezuela-Brazil border region, is estimated to have around 22,000 members on the Brazilian side. They have been photographed in recent years from the air.

The tribe has vast botanical knowledge and uses about 500 plants for food, medicine and building houses. Tribespeople provide for themselves by hunting, gathering and fishing, as well as cultivating crops such as manioc (cassava or yuca) and bananas, which are grown in large gardens cleared from the forest.

Brazil currently has 18,397 confirmed coronavirus cases, with 974 deaths, according to statistics from Johns Hopkins University.

www.foxnews.com...

A completely crap article if you ask me, typical of alot of the shocking, attention grabbing articles Fox always has on their site when you scroll down their page about all manner crazy, random #. The articles never explain or give details like theories on how he could've been infected. Had the tribe been visited? Had he visited anywhere? Surely people in remote tribes in the wilderness don't come down with COVID-19 unless it came from somewhere.

Unless.. he ate something infected with it like many people believe happened in China to cause the illness to spread among humans. That would mean that an animal in South America had the same virus as an animal in China did which would make even less sense than a tribesman in the Amazon rainforest testing positive for it to begin with.

How did he get tested to begin with? I doubt his tribe usually hands people over to outsiders when they get sick. Someone has a bad cough, we'd better hand him over to civilization because they have special powers and can cure him. I'm sure they do that whenever someone gets really sick or gets bitten by a potentially dead venomous creature.
edit on 11-4-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It was posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I do wonder how did they "know" what it was and why did they test him(the tribe, in order to seek outside help), who are they in contact with.

I don't see it as anything more than an opportunity to "test" and get the "result" and then fear monger.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.
edit on 11-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Let me try this again.

Wow....err my gerd.

Even an isolated tribe in the amazon isn't safe from this devastating worldwide disease.

We need to cower in place, listen to the government, pray for a vaccine and then stand in line in anticipation of getting it and being "cleared" to get our papers so we can go back to work.

We also need to dump trillions and trillions of money down the drain in hopes we can survive this.

Save me government, save me bill gates(you worthless pos).
edit on 11-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ah, crap. My apologies.

I'd delete it if I could 😁

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This was reported by other papers 3 days ago

Authorities say the boy – who is reported to have travelled back into the Yanomami reserve last month after classes at his school were suspended – is one of seven indigenous Brazilians to test positive for the coronavirus in three Amazon states: Pará, Amazonas and Roraima.

Guardian

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Teen in remote Amazonian tribe tests positive for coronavirus

I wonder about the remoteness of this 40,000 strong tribe spanning two countries, where " violent deaths in the constant conflict between neighboring communities over local resources" is the leading cause of death..

Remote from what?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
It was posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I do wonder how did they "know" what it was and why did they test him(the tribe, in order to seek outside help), who are they in contact with.

I don't see it as anything more than an opportunity to "test" and get the "result" and then fear monger.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Posted earlier, and this thread is closed.

top topics

join