It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Bush so interested in Space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenem
I remember reading a thread on the NWO and how they plan to evacuate "essential" people to the international space station in WW3, maybe its baby steps towards that?

Theres lots of things going on towards getting "cheap" and repetitive trips into space like all those world records - alterior motive?

Funny that you brought that up. I was considering starting this thread on the NWO or the UFO board. The subject could easily fit into those conspiracies.

Originally posted by xpert11
It seems Bush is robbing Peter to pay Tom the sooner Bush and his cronies are out of the whitehouse the sooner the space race come to an end.

Aside from the addition of the $1 billion, he is robbing NASA to pay NASA. The new strategic Plan will be focused on space exploration. To do this a number of high-profile efforts have been canceled, postponed or scaled back. The Jupiter Icy Moons Orbiter (JIMO) mission, is effectively canceled, bye bye Europa. Hubble has no money now, it was supposed to have a life span of 29 years. NASA is looking at a research job loss of 31 people and a potential total job loss of 700 by the end of 2006.

In my opinion space exploration is very important and very exiting, but we should not have to lose these other great things that NASA is doing.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There is no better way to train astronauts then in space its like there is no better way learning to drive on the road then to drive on the road. Assuming the Mars missons go ahead the ISS or its replacement will be usefull in preparing the astronauts perhaps NASA needs to become more invovled with R/D of high tech weapons if there not already in order to devlope the means of landing men on mars. Hopefully after Bush leaves the Whitehouse someone comes along who gives a toss about NASA.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Aside from the addition of the $1 billion, he is robbing NASA to pay NASA. The new strategic Plan will be focused on space exploration. To do this a number of high-profile efforts have been canceled, postponed or scaled back. The Jupiter Icy Moons Orbiter (JIMO) mission, is effectively canceled, bye bye Europa. Hubble has no money now, it was supposed to have a life span of 29 years. NASA is looking at a research job loss of 31 people and a potential total job loss of 700 by the end of 2006.

In my opinion space exploration is very important and very exiting, but we should not have to lose these other great things that NASA is doing.

Im all for the space program I just dont think it can be run in the half baked way bush is doing without ruining the program. Only the USA can afford to flush money down the toliet you either run NASA and the space program properly or you dont do it at all.
Ruin NASA = lose the space race = lose any chance of international coperation = USA superpower status beggins to wane. Its in Americas best interests to manger NASA properly and end the space race.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Everyone check out this thread yet?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bush actually gave someone the top NASA job that is actually qualified and the NASA people are actually excited to be working under him.

As for why Bush is interested in space, well it was an interest of his father and those types of things usually get passed down. I think mainly Bush knows that there is allot of money to be made in Space.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 12-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's simple. It's called progress.

The world has made no real significant progress in space since the moon landings.

Space missions not only yield the obvious benefits, but also a lot of revolutionary technology.

I don't understand why a lot of people are trying to spin this into a 'Bush = bad' type of thing. Was Kennedy evil for wanting to go to the Moon?

Just admit it, this is a good thing for the progress of man.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I don't understand why a lot of people are trying to spin this into a 'Bush = bad' type of thing. Was Kennedy evil for wanting to go to the Moon?

Just admit it, this is a good thing for the progress of man.

Were not saying that going to the moon is a bad idea the point is that it has to be done properly no half baked measures which is what Bush wants.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Sigh. This is what bothers me. You automatically assume that because Bush is a fundamentalist Christian that he cannot possibly have any interest in space exploration or anything related to it, nor can his supporters. This is completely untrue. *I* would probably be what many would consider a fundamentalist Christian, one who happens to be quite politically conservative. I would triple Nasa's budget if I could. In fact, I'd pour money into science and R&D in this country in practically all areas if I could. And I know an awful lot of people who share my religious and political views who would agree with me. This is a common misconception that has been fueled by the political left trying to score political points off of a few dimwitted fringe elements of the political right who couldn't make a logical argument if their lives depended upon it. I believe that intellectual curiosity is an inborn trait of humans and no political party or affiliation has a monopoly on it. By the same token, there are not a disproportionate number of morons on either side of the political spectrum. Both have more than their fair share.

So, please, don't paint with such a broad brush.

I thought my post had more of a "puzzled" air rather than one of "this is how it is", but oh well.

Ok, maybe I'm making incorrect assumtions. But from firsthand experience, I can tell you most fundamentalist christans I'VE KNOWN have no interest in that kind of thing (space exploration). Maybe we're differing on our definition of fundamentalist. What do you mean when you call yourself that? What do you believe that makes you a fundamentalist?

I know political belief has little to do with interest in space exploration, but religion is different. I'm just confused as to what a fundamentalist christian would get out of it. I guess everyone has different intersests...but if you don't think there's any life besides there, God created the universe in 7 days, and everything in the bible is literal, including revelations.....I don't understand what there is to interest you.

You say that you would increase funding to all areas of science R&D......that just doesn't jibe with what I know of the right-leaning fundamentalist tradition we have in this country now. I'm know there's differences among you, but yours isn't a positon I hear often.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I definitely don't want this turning into a debate on religion, so I'm not going to go into any great detail, except to say that I probably take close to 99% of it literally, and the remainder I'm still deciding on, and for me, that remaining 1% deals in insignificant details. Aside from that, there are certain things that are almost undeniably true, such as the age of the Earth. All observable evidence points to it being 4.5 billion years old. Since I believe our universe was created with no intent to decieve us, I believe that the observable evidence is correct. The Earth likely is 4.5 billion years old.

I think there are those 'literal interpreters' who read too much into it and take away things that aren't there. I think that's usually influenced by churches, who are usually influenced by the TV evangelists who leave me shaking my head. The whole thing has become too commercialized, IMO, and I no longer attend church because of it. You can be a literal interpreter without turning your brain off. Without a doubt, there are a lot of religious folks who need to realize that. But its not all of them, and from my experience, its probably not the majority.

Myself, I just don't see that the Bible addresses anything past our own planet Earth. There are some who tend to believe that because the Bible doesn't mention it, it doesn't exist. I don't buy that. I think it just means that its something that we're left to discover on our own.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
they have to stay on the timeline for disclosure of several tech and alien contacts. the only way is going out there and say it is because of this exploration vision they found them and developed al this tech.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thanks for the explaination vor78.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

Oh yeah flinx. What makes you think Bush is an evangelical? I have recently read some reports that alledges that is far from the truth. I cannot find them now though, I think I deleted the thread out of myATS.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Shortly after 9/11 President Bush announced his administration now had a mission against terrorism. He has every right to make that the focus of his administration,

Oh, btw, how is that 'war on drugs going'??? Still plugging away U.S??? Well don't give up will you.

Sorry, sometimes I just like to nitpick.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I suspect that Bush also believes what many of us do, that we're on the verge of having the technology to start opening up space to the masses. I also suspect that Bush knows that if the US can be the first country to gain a true foothold in space, we will also be the first to gain the scientific, economic, and military benefits and will have a head start at exploiting its newly acquired resources on everyone else. The ultimate intent, of course, is for the US to assert itself as the leading nation in space research, development, exploration and exploitation.

If Bush can accomplish the first steps towards this goal, he'll probably be remembered as one of, if not the main figure in the new 'space race' and, for all of his controversial actions, this particular one would ensure that he's considered one of the greatest US presidents of all time. So, to make a long story short, this is about legacy building.

Bush bush bush. Bush has the mental capacity of a small peanut. What you should be asking is who are the long term stayers benefiting from the running/ruining of your country by this imbecile. They are the ones who realise the scientific, economic and military value of the control of near space.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Back to the topic, another sign of Bush's lack of interest in space is that they are shutting down some space programs, some before they are even finished.

This is not the mark of someone who cares about space exploration....

www.spacedaily.com...

But now, NASA has told scientists working on these and other older missions that their missions may be terminated in October to save money, reports Nature.

The decision - which NASA officials say is not yet final - has angered space scientists, who are calling calling the moves penny-wise and pound-foolish, and that it is being done without a usual formal science review.

According to Nature, NASA officials told seven mission managers (Voyager, Ulysses, Polar, Wind, Geotail, FAST (Fast Auroral SnapshoT) and TRACE (Transition Region and Coronal Explorer)) that there is now no money to keep their projects operating after the current fiscal year ends in October.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
NASA is simply a good cover for funnelling money into black projects....always has been, and no doubt, that's what is actually happening, not some renewed zest for space travel....

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The reason Bush is so interested in Space, along with his other cohorts in crime, is the fact that pretty soon they're ALL going to be voted off the rock,
this rock, the one we're ALL trying to survive on, third one from the Sun.
Being as there's nowhere to go after you've genocided so many people on this planet and disenfranchised at least half the planet through programs that are discriminatory, dysfunctional and have bankrupted most of the countries who won't play ball with the US foreign policies, where else is there? The moon....nope, haven't been there yet, Mars? ......nope too many underground cities, Jupiter?.....etc, etc.
I got a great idea,..... Send them to Australia where pretty soon we're going to be bombarded with that other great dastardly American invention........Depleted Uranium (U235) Penetrators, just like Iraq, Bosnia and the Balkans!!!!

[edit on 15/3/05 by blueymorgan]

apc

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's a lot more complex than Bush this Bush that...
Bush is just a minor player in the significantly larger game. His mandates for going to the Moon are sincere. His successor will follow the same mandate, as they will be playing on the same team. So will the next. And so on. Even if by some fluke their plans hadnt panned out and Kerry had won, he's still playing on their team, so we would be seeing the same chain of events. They know control of space, the Moon, and beyond, ultimately means control of the entire Earth.
The face of the puppet means nothing.
Its the hand up the backside that's doing the flexing.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by apc]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join