It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The state of your State......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
From the people you come in contact with.

I know alot of states have a wide range of exposure to this. I feel mine is somewhat unique, in that apparently the governor is clinging to "their" models that show our state will almost equal what is now being admitted by the federal team for deaths across the WHOLE US.

We are probably not even in the top 30 states with infections and deaths, yet...."their models" show numbers that would equate to 90 percent of what the current federal model is by the presidents covid team.

So what's the "state" of this State, from what I see????

People are done with this, especially the rural areas(90 percent of the state). Everywhere I go, everyone seems to be "off board" with what the governer and the metro are up to. It's a dead carp, stinking up the beach and nobody wants anything to do with it.

I actually think we are about a week out(even though the gov extended closures for another month) from local businesses(with local politicians backing it) just opening up without any care for the states orders.

I really hope to see that, because people need to realize the difference between areas. Everywhere is not New York and every capital is not either. It's no surprise you can lull the citidiots into fearful submission. The rest of us are way more self sufficient.

I can't imagine this isn't a similar situation "brewing" around the nation. I welcome it and relish in the symbolism of it(especially if local township reps get on board and buck the state).
edit on 11-4-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

If you look at the way the Black Death spread (back in the day), there were entire villages, off the beaten track, that nobody ever went to, which the plague just passed by. However, all it took is one carrier to pop by for a cup of sugar and whoosh! - it went through them like a dose of salts.

Doesn't really matter what your state choose to do or not to do, or your country for that matter, isolation has many steps and stages to be gone through before it is business as usual. If your state needs nothing and no-one from outside in the foreseeable future - all the labour for harvesting (or whatever) is on your doorstep, whatever manufacturing or processing that is done, is only used locally, then it doesn't matter if you do your own thing - just so long as none of your neighbouring states, or international trading partners etc etc follow your example.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

My area of my state is pretty relaxed. Most people are staying at home unless they need something. Stores have very limited stock of a number of pantry staples. If you didn't have toilet paper you won't for a while. I've always only stocked up 4 times a year or so. Not much impact for me, but for others most definitely.

In all likelihood the small county I live in will end up losing a fair number of their food establishments and if the lockdown continues into the summer months I'd expect that number could reach 75%. They have thin margins and a seasonal surge when they make enough to limp through winter. Other small businesses that are not well established will have to close if they have much overhead. Bailouts won't really stop that and those that survive with bailouts will likely fail afterward while the economy remains slow.

I know the urban areas and some small cities around the state are having a bad time, but it's not NY.

Currently this county has an infection rate around .05% which makes the extent of the lockdown excessive. Social distancing and workplace modifications should have been sufficient here.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Missouri. Pretty chill, really. We have a statewide stay at home order, but that was after almost every individual county already had the orders in place. I took a big financial hit having to close a business, and my wife is a beautician which is a no no. But I still have my full time job at Walmart and that's enough to get us through this. Walmart is still busy as hell, as that's about all there is to do in town. Kansas City and St. Louis are getting hit with cases decently hard, but my particular county is at 41 cases and no deaths so far. I know 3 of the cases, and one of them almost died. Looks like he's going to be okay though. This is day 9 in the hospital, and he spoke his first words yesterday evening.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Alice Springs - MacDonnell Ranges

Here in Alice Springs we are very isolated and virtually untouched by this Covid 19 "Pandemic".
We are on lock-down like the rest of Australia.
We have a huge tourist economy which has now been destroyed.

Here are some of our Local and Territory reports.

www.abc.net.au...
www.abc.net.au...
www.abc.net.au...
www.abc.net.au...
www.abc.net.au...
www.abc.net.au...
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Generally, most people in my area are going along with the program. Things are getting stricter at the stores that are open though. Workers now have mandatory masks, many places put in plastic shields at the cashier, the enter/exit ways are roped off, sections of stores are closed off, etc., it's getting over regulated IMO.

The unemployment system is over loaded and the feds are slow to send out their relief package. If cash flow isn't happening for all the unemployed, it isn't going to get easier as this drags out longer.

I can't imagine most folks going along with this for much longer and predict that if they don't let up by May like they said they would, people around here will end up doing what ever the hell they want to regardless of the next orders. It's will get chaotic if that's how this plays out, then stricter measures will get used, maybe even state martial law if it gets seriously out of hand.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Assuming the numbers I just looked at are correct; if my county where a state it would be one of the top three states with COVID-19 infections.

And I have to say I really don't understand why the rest of the country is freaking out at the level they are now.

People are dying so yes being vigilant; especially among the most vulnerable is important. When you're county has more cases of COVID-19 than the next state you stay home as much as you can to help out in your own little way.

But how is life going here? Traffic on the man road I can see from my roof has a bit less traffic. If you didn't tell me we where in the epicenter of a world pandemic I wouldn't even notice the difference.

When I go out to do the weekly shopping; again fewer people are out but it is hardly a goast town.

Restaurants are open for take out; had some last night on what would have been our weekly friday restaurant night.

Many businesses are considering "essential" including my own. Though I have been working from home.

When this first started and they were counting cases and deaths in the double digits; predicting that 6 million people per square block where going to die; I'll admit I was emotionally concerned.

Now home life has become a new normal; I can't wait for this to be over, but I am rather enjoying the extra time I have with the kids and not having to run around so much. The whole day can go by with out even thinking about COVID-19.

To that end I agree with the OP it won't be long until people around the country ( even here on the "front line") begin to get tired of the constant scare mongering they see on TV but don't see out side their window. The quarantine has a shelf life and we might be approaching it.

And I think our political leaders know it. Listening to the news their has been a shift in the scare mongering. Now politicians and news anchors are talking about how life won't get back to normal for two years. I think that this is their last ditch effort to squeeze every day out of this quarantine as they can.
edit on 11-4-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Where do you live?

This thread is about your state or home town.

You don't have to give your street address or suburb, just what's happening in your neck of the woods.

edit on 11-4-2020 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
a reply to: DanDanDat

Where do you live?

This thread is about your state or home town.

You don't have to give your street address or suburb, just what's happening in your neck of the woods.

I live on long island

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Missouri looks worse off than most of it is.

About 2/3 of our cases are concentrated in three counties in St. Louis. The rest are confined to mainly to Jackson County in the KC area with other slightly elevated amounts scattered around the larger towns and the other counties around the big cities of St. Louis and KC.

Most of the rural counties are very, very light on cases.

Our governor finally caved to pressure to make the stay at home state wide instead of letting mayors take the political hit, and I'm slightly disappointed in him for that. It should have stayed on a town by town basis I think as rural as some areas are.

They also finally cancelled school for the rest of the school year. Now my son is worried that all his summer camps will also be cancelled, and there is no way in hell I'm sending him to summer school. He's doing every bit of what his teachers send, so he'll go to those camps if they are on. I'm not letting the virus screw with his life any more than I have to.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I live in NJ , about 15 mins away from Philadelphia , 2 hours south of NYC and 2 hours north of Washington DC.
Said another way, looking at the map below Im on the bottom side of the big cluster you see on the East Coast focused on the epicenter on the country which is NYC.

Where I live in NJ you can def see a difference in stores being closed, less traffic, convenience stores like Wawa are a totally different experience then normal, lines around fast food places as people get take out are out of control.

Positive things I have noticed... There is substantially less ambient noise where I live...With flights being reduced , you hear less planes during the day. Car traffic being down, it's much quieter at night. I live near a high school and elementary school, so Im used to increased car and pedestrian traffic or noise during 7-9am and 3-5pm during the school year. Nothing it's all quiet during those times frames. Most encouraging thing I have seen is if you are out exercising and you see someone across the street or you see someone on their porch people wave to each other, people say high now which is nice.

Philadelphia on the other hand essentially looks like a scene from The Walking Dead...I lived in South Philly for almost 20 years, worked literally in the middle of Center City Philly for almost 6 years with the initial part of the proceeding 2 years being in University City so I can speak in a fairly informed manner about the Philly.

Multiple articles have come out this week from different sources stating that they suspect Philly will be the next hot spot. Factor in that although it's called the City of Brotherly Love that's a bit of a misnomer and in the past people have made dumb choices during specific unique to Philly events. So what you have is most of the stores located in Center City have boarded up their windows similar to what you see as hurricanes are closing in . This is done for fear of looting or crime damaging their stores. Market Street and Broad Street are the two biggest streets that intersect the City and traffic volumes on both are reduced substantially. I also have a Sibling that lives on Walnut Street from near City Hall, again the middle of the City and they send me pics and reports on a daily basis about what a ghost town it is....

edit on 11-4-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
covid19.healthdata.org...

This is the model that is being used widely. The center drop-down will take you to individual states.

This model assumes Social Distancing through (meaning until the end of) May.
edit on 11-4-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
limtited isolation and some stores shut down but buisness as usual other then banning tourist rentals and air bnb from out of staters we have only had 6 deaths ,no new cases for 2 days i think ,its why i been kind of baffled with all the "all our rights are gone posts" i see people jogging horse back riding fishermen are fishing boaters are boating other then late winter storms we are fine in Montana

Wyoming seems to have won this one with zero deaths at all though am very glad im not on any of the coasts

new topics

top topics

join