It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

Paving the way for Corona20/21?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Yes, probably.
Not sure how it would named though, as it is a mutation of a known strain/variant.

Sweden has also said that some people were probably infected by Mink as well, as they also have Mink farms with cases of infected Mink. Not sure they have confirmed cases though.
Holland had already had infected Mink, but no confirmed cases of transmission to Humans.

What they are saying about the Danish Mink version, is that the Spike Protein has mutated, which may make it immune to the Spike-Protein Based Vaccines, as the Spike protein is no longer similar.
It doesn't mean it is worse in any other way, it may even be milder.

I suppose we'll only be able to find out more about it, if it spreads to more people...

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere (No BNO) :

New Deaths :

New Cases :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
so... what do you guys think of the declaration of a vaccine??

Pfzer!

Could be avialable couple weeks into December and first up to recieve it will be the Elderly and Vunerable. Tests so far aren't 100% though and is it a good thing to give it to people without it being 100% safe?? Monitoring will be on-going for a few years on those guinea pigs... so what do you think and will you be waiting patiently for your jab?

I'm pretty far down on the list, so wouldn't be asked till half way through next year at least but I don't know if I would trust it until I read some news about people who had the jab and weren't infected when they came into contact with someone who had Covid. Also with news of miniscule chips which could be injected into the body... you really don't know what could be going into your body!

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

The Pfizer Vaccine probably won't be available for quite a while for the General Population.
Next Spring at the very earliest. Plenty of time to see how those who have it, do.
If there are any adverse effects, it won't be too long after the administration of the Vaccine.

Minuscule chips injected into the Body, is complete bullsh!t i'm afraid, no offense meant to anyone in particular.

You already carry around a listening and tracking device with you at all times, they don't need anything else.
(Mobile Phone if you were wondering). Even get the fingerprints of people now. and Nice detailed face scans.
All in the name of just being too lazy to type in a code...(A fingerprint is a login, not a password, as it can't be revoked, so is your face).

RFID Chips have been inserted under the skin of volunteers, but thats just like having your work RFID badge under your skin (was done in the 00's iirc).
Very pointless, and when it has to be changed, well, they have to cut it out. It was more of a proof of concept thing.
I suppose prisoners could be implanted, but then any type of faraday cage would stop it's signal. Or metal box (Shipping container).

Any type of chip, of any size, in the Bloodstream, would very quickly travel around the body, and probably injure the recipient getting stuck somewhere nice, like your brain or lungs.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Consumer rights and food and drug labelling laws in UK; every food grade item, every prescription or over the counter drug, every bottle of shampoo et al bought here has to legally list all ingredients/components. It is apparently quite difficult to access all information about what is in a vaccine. The supposition that people's main concern will be mercury (in most vaccines) means queries can easily be brushed off with info about that.

But, many vaccines also contain cells from animal organs, aborted foetuses, recognised and listed poisons. Vegans, pro-lifers, people with allergies etc are not provided with full facts to allow them to make informed choices.

Not a problem right now but I don't think it will be long before mandatory vaccines are introduced and anyone's objections labelled anti-social or criminalised.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
No matter who blesses it, I will not be taking their vaccine.

I will continue supplementing with ingredients that strengthen my immune system.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

New Deaths :

New Cases :

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Has anyone heard anything lately about the Russian vaccine that was given to Putin's daughter?

Seems odd to me there've been no updates on how that turned out for her...

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

They only update good news in that vaccine, it’s at phase 2/3 and a few months behind these other vaccines. They have good initial data but not nearly enough to determine its effectiveness in the general population.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If it works, they’re going to make billions and lay the ground work for trillions in profits. mRNA vaccines can theoretically cure any disease including cancer, prion disease, maybe dementia. You teach your cells to produce abnormal proteins or a partial structure of non infectious pathogen and your body learns how to destroy it in numerous ways. Problematic side effect is because your own cells produce the abnormal proteins, your immune system may also go after your cells and tissue that produced the protein and create an autoimmune condition. So they need to tread carefully, storage requirements are ridiculous too, -70 - -100 Celsius or the vaccine can start to break down. Problem for countries without significant infrastructure.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

New Deaths :

New Cases :

www.worldometers.info...

French Daily Deaths Numbers includes some of the correction from last week (Still, 857 is a big number for one day.) :

22,180 new cases and 857 new deaths in France. Of the 1,220 deaths reported today, 363 represent a backlog over the previous week which Worldometer has redistributed accordingly ("The number of deaths in week 44 shows a significant increase compared to week 43, due in particular to an update of the data by the medico-social establishments. Between the results of Friday 6/11 and this Tuesday 10/11, 754 additional deaths in EHPAD / ESMS were declared, of which 363 deaths (48%) relate to a catch-up of declarations in week 44.") [source] [source]

At least a couple of European countries are seeing their Daily Cases go down, but Daily Deaths go up.
Not a good trend, lets hope its a temporary 'blip'.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

They were saying in the Guardian iirc, that the WHO estimates that only 25-30 countries in the World would have the capability to store and transport the vaccine at those temps.
Most of Asia and Africa wouldn't be able to cope.

What's your opinion on the Danish (and others) Mink Covid problem ?
I read that only 12 people were infected in Denmark with the 'Mink Strain'.
(I Could have misunderstood, I previously read that it had been going around since June in Denmark, and that the Netherlands had also had some cases of a very similar strain this summer around their Mink farms. iirc a couple of Dutch people were 'suspected' to have been infected from Mink back then, but there was no further info afterwards).

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I’m not sure, I don’t see any published results about the new strain or the antibodies they used to test the resistance they described. I would guess they used them against the spike protein since that’s where most vaccines are targeting. Because it’s so effective using that to gain cell entry the likelihood of a beneficial mutation decreases and detrimental mutations would be outcompeted by the current strain in our bodies.

The problem is mutations in the virus when it goes through different hosts and species. Virions and cells have outer shells or membranes that protect their contents from the outside world. Membranes in cells have all kinds of proteins, sugars and fats on their membranes that help them interact with the world and communicate with other cells. It’s also how molecules and other items enter and exit the cell. Humans should have very similar cells, so the virus will adapt and develop methods to facilitate entry to the cell like the spike protein. We develop an antibody response to that through vaccination or getting sick and we’re immune.

If it goes into another species it will need to adapt to bind to a different type of cell, many proteins are conserved across species because of their life supporting function but there could be differences that cause changes in the viral outer structure that change its expression of proteins, fats and sugars that antibodies either no longer recognize or only partially recognize. Now we can get sick again until we make a new antibody that can recognize those changes. In rare cases, cross overs can cause it to become even better at gaining cell entry and modifying our gene and protein expression and it can increase severity of disease.

I don’t think they seem too worried about it yet, it doesn’t look like it anyways. If you already know all this I’m sorry, not sure of everyone’s background in this stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I don't think they are worried yet either.
I read that they had noticed a change in the Spike protein specifically, which could hinder some of the Vaccines being developed, but that it hadn't been exactly spreading much, so they think it might not get very far anyway.

UK and some other countries are taking some travel restriction measures just in case, but it doesn't seem to be a particularly infectious mutation, so not a 'panic inducing' problem for now.

A page or so back I posted a couple of screencaps from Nextstrain.org of the Danish strain, and the one thing I noticed was a "Gaps" being mentioned, and I don't know what that means (this one below specifically).

I had seen mentioned in the news the next day that the Danish strain info had been uploaded to a community run site, but they didn't mention which one (though I suspect Nextstrain.org).

I, for one, greatly appreciate your input, as I'm more used to 1's and 0's in my daily life

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Not exactly a Scientific source, but this Guardian : UK scientists seek mutant Covid samples from Danish mink farms article from Sunday might help a little (and any little helps).

Here's another one from the Guardian : The Covid-carrying Danish mink are a warning sign – but is anyone heeding it? from yesterday, with some links in the text which might be useful.

The headlines are typical tabloid stuff, but the articles do have some interesting info.

(I'm using Guardian because I saw articles in it on the Minks, thats all, not partial to any news site).

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Oh jeez, haven’t fully gotten to epidemiology and biostatistics gets, mostly focused on molecular medicine, biochemistry and immunology right now. But I’ll try lol.

Phylogenetic trees track changes across a species or multiple species from a common ancestor. One major benefit of doing this is watching what mutates across the strains. Like with the spike protein jumping back to its stable form after mutations. That’s not changing much, when it does, yeah it increases infectivity but it’s now more vulnerable to antibodies, nice benefit, except for a few subsets and they’re not moving without reverting to a more stable spike protein gene.

So with these trees, they can see what genes are conserved across all these different strains as they mutate and reap havoc on society. The genes that are conserved help us identify crucial genes in the virus that are essential to its survival, replication, cell entry, all that stuff. Genes encode for proteins that generate specific structures, we target a conserved gene, it increases the likelihood of a vaccine being successful. It also lets us throw meds at it because we can narrow down what these proteins interact with in the body and cells and come up with alternative treatments.

Then the table tells us about nucleotide deletions which could change the amino acid produced, 3 nucleotides code for one amino acid but the genetic code allows leeway because cells do this all the time and multiple 3 nucleotide sequences or codons can code for the same amino acid. Amino acids combine to form proteins.

They also show amino acid changes, that means that the 3 nucleotide sequence or codon changed to express a different amino acid which will change the protein because it’s going to fold and interact differently because of that change. Each amino acid is a different size, structure and it will bind differently. They can also track deletions and other issues or removal of a genetic sequence, I think gaps is a placeholder that says we do not have this data, this is not a deletion of genetic material but we’re missing a step somewhere of what led to this derivation from this common ancestor.

I guess it could be something they’re not sure about, maybe intron versus exon in genes. But that would be weird and I don’t know the specific answer to that. Viruses are really small, tight space to hold genetic material. Genes are weird, normally they have different structures like exons (blueprint for protein), introns (markers, code for nothing, usually removed from RNA that codes protein) or even untranslated regions which serve as foundation for a construction scaffold to form for protein production and help isolate that gene from other areas of genetic material, they could also give instructions for the next phase of construction. Never thought of it before I guess. I think it’s just a gap in information, that seems easier.

Divergence is when the tree branches from a common ancestor. To find out what genes are conserved as essential for survival, we can compare two species with numerous divergence events that have a more distant common ancestor. Once we identify those genes, we can look at two closely related species with fewer divergence events to see more specifics about changes in those genetic sequences to get additional data on those genes and build models for drug and vaccine use.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Thankls for the explanation, though i'm going to have to read that through more than once.

On a 'More News' side, the Telegraph has a piece on a new 'overlapping' gene having been discovered in Sars-Cov2.
It also states that Sars-Cov2 has only 15 genes, not including this new overlapping one.

It's a piece based on this eLife paper, Titled "Dynamically evolving novel overlapping gene as a factor in the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic".

Abstract :
Understanding the emergence of novel viruses requires an accurate and comprehensive annotation of their genomes. Overlapping genes (OLGs) are common in viruses and have been associated with pandemics but are still widely overlooked. We identify and characterize ORF3d, a novel OLG in SARS-CoV-2 that is also present in Guangxi pangolin-CoVs but not other closely related pangolin-CoVs or bat-CoVs. We then document evidence of ORF3d translation, characterize its protein sequence, and conduct an evolutionary analysis at three levels: between taxa (21 members of Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus), between human hosts (3978 SARS-CoV-2 consensus sequences), and within human hosts (401 deeply sequenced SARS-CoV-2 samples). ORF3d has been independently identified and shown to elicit a strong antibody response in COVID-19 patients. However, it has been misclassified as the unrelated gene ORF3b, leading to confusion. Our results liken ORF3d to other accessory genes in emerging viruses and highlight the importance of OLGs.

edit on 11-11-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: link formatting

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I think killing over 17 million Mink was cruel to say the least.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Last I heard it was deemed illegal, and they either haven't gone ahead with it, or have suspended it.
Not sure where it's at now.

edit : 2.5 Million have been culled, amid the confusion over the illegality or not.

Guardian article

edit on 11-11-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: spelling and added edit with link

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join