It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
from May 5th interesting take on the spread and WHO
The doctor's explanation of Italy doesn't really make sense.

When asked about the spike in deaths there, the doctor said the elderly had caretakers from eastern Europe, that left because of the pandemic, leaving lots of elderly with no caretakers, which caused some of them to end up in hospitals, which he says is a bad place to go if you're elderly, since the immune systems are weak in the elderly and hospitals have lots of things you can catch in them, especially in Italy.

All that may or may not be true but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say every word is completely true. He still failed to address the spike in deaths that caused all those caretakers to leave in the first place, it wasn't just an ordinary flu variant which caused that. So he's understating the initial causal agent, though he might have a point about some things that caused the deaths to "snowball" after that.

originally posted by: MonkeyBalls2
a reply to: puzzled2

If the Virtus mutates, even a bit, this might be useless.
Time will tell if we're lucky or not.
That may 5th video that Puzzed2 posted interviewed a doctor who said viruses are constantly changing which is why the flu shot is different every year. But the flu doesn't just change once a year obviously, it's constantly changing as will all viruses. Then he says something like only stupid people don't know that, which seems a bit harsh, but I knew the flu shot changed every year, so I guess I'm not completely stupid. However I didn't realize viruses changed as much as he says, which is far more frequently than annually.

originally posted by: kwakakev
J.C. in the Woods: Birdsong at Sunset (The hypothesis)

J.C. has been doing well keeping up with the facts, interacting with his peers and being independent. At the 43 min mark he starts to talk about his working theory of the situation.

This is likely originated from a laboratory source.
- Laboratory leaks happen
- The circumstantial bulls eye, Wuhan corona virus research...
Thanks for providing such a nice summary of the video contents. The ATS rules say we are all supposed to so that when posting videos, but few people do, so it's appreciated when you actually do it.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe, and Elsewhere :

BNO :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

looks like we are the only ones in here seems there is some good news

Instead of targeting the virus it targets it's defense system. Mutating virus will not help the virus as it won't be able to fight so the interferons

Note that the study you linked in your last comment in the thread about HCQ claims to have found a small negative effect from Interferon beta 1-b (expressed in table 2 with the hazard ratio value of 1.12 ± 0.09 for a crude analysis, which basically means not considering other factors that may influence the outcome, compared to HCQ with a positive effect valued at 0.79 ± 0.08 for a crude analysis, 1 is basically a normal expected outcome meaning that the treatment had neither a positive or negative effect*).

*: after propensity-score matching (basically considering how sick the patient is, or comorbidities that make patients more or less prone to a negative outcome) the value for Interferon beta 1-b in that table is given as 1.01 ± 0.10 compared to HCQ 0.84 ± 0.08 (see "Hazard ratios"). Note that the propensity-score matching in these sort of publications is based on an algorithm that is a bit more open to personal interpretation and you'll be hard-pressed to find different studies using the exact same algorithm, therefore making this number a bit more iffy and open to fiddling around with the algorithm to get a different result, if one feels so inclined (which can lead to some scientists wanting to present a misleading impression to use a non-realistic algorithm, just to skewer the numbers in the direction they want them to go). Hence I prefer looking at the values for what they call a "crude analysis" first in those types of articles and estimate myself whether or not there were considerable differences in terms of severity of the disease and comorbidities. Or I try to figure out whether or not there was a motive to use non-realistic algorithms to skewer the numbers in a particular direction. But even if that last thing isn't the case, that still doesn't mean the corrected number after "Propensity-score matching" is an accurate reflection of the reality of the matter (or the best way to compare treatments), it's still a bit based on, as the Germans say, "fingerspitzengefühl" (educated guessing?). The difficulty lies of course in the fact that there are so many different factors that can affect the outcome of a disease in different patients, they'll always be hard to accurately quantify in an alogrithm for comparison purposes. But any significant differences are still noticeable and of import, and they'll show up just as well in the crude analysis (unless you've got something as biased as the so-called "VA study" concerning HCQ).

The crude analysis hazard ratio value for interferon beta 1-b is 1.22 ± 0.10 (Effect size, Cohen's d = 0.56 ± 0.21) in:

Table A2b: Hazard ratio with 95% confidence intervals and Cohen’s d for various treatments before and after propensity-score matching, for their effect on composite critical event (intubation or death). ​​Negative d or hazard ratio less than 1 implies patients treated with that medication died less than those that did not. The opposite is true for positive d or >1 hazard ratio. Medications highlighted in red have at least a small positive d (>0.2) after propensity-score matching. Similarly, medications highlighted in green have d < -0.2 .

Source: Observational Study of the Efficiency of Treatments in Patients Hospitalized with Covid-19 in Madrid

Note in the unbolded part they forgot to say that it's 'died less or were intubated less than those that did not' in this table (it seems they just copy-pasted the sentence from table 2, which was only looking at death). Unless I misunderstood the bolded part.

Anyway, if they used the color-coding for the crude analysis values, then interferon beta 1-b would be in the red in that table, i.e. a treatment with a significant negative result (making the patient more prone to intubation or death than those not getting that treatment), not considering severity of the disease and comorbidities, since these are so hard to compare with an algorithm. The reality would be that the treatment is less negative than that (as indicated by how much these values drop in the propensity matching), but exactly how much less negative, is a bit less clear. The difference in efficacy (positive result) with HCQ is significant any way you look at it (and it gets a penalty so to speak from the propensity matching, as opposed to the bonus interferon beta 1-b is getting in this study). There isn't a single treatment in that table that comes even close to the efficacy given in those tables for HCQ.

And all that without zinc.

Or vitamin C and D3 for that matter (or at least they didn't look at that, just like they didn't look at zinc deficiencies in their propensity matching, or other similar important deficiencies that would make a patient more prone to intubation and/or death, another reason why the propensity matching values are a bit iffy).
edit on 24-7-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

BNO :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

Edit :

Numbers are starting to go up here.
1000 more yesterday, 1100 more today.
From what has been seen on the TV and internet, Street parties, raves, and other such gatherings of the young people seem to be spreading this .
I'm not putting the blame 100% on the " young un's ", but India, USA, and other places are taking off again.

I've worked 6 days since 19th March. I'll be going back to work (again) beginning of August.
1-2h of train each way, 4 trains daily in total.
Ma is currently making 10 Masks for me (in and out of work on public transport, so two per day).

The Vacuum cleaner filter masks we made in March, and have been washed many times with clothes etc since, but not tumble dried.
The Vacuum cleaner bag was just kept flat, and seeing as the inside was raw (not weaved) plastic filter mesh, just left both sides as they were, and sewed them up as a pass-through, basically from one side of the bag to the other, without ever filling it obviously as it is cut out the same as the front and back of the mask. (Its made to collect dust, so it should impede expelled moisture pretty well.

Anyway, the only problem was the nose metal bit which was a piece of wire (had nothing else at the time) and it twisted everyway but over the nose after a few washes (it was added after a month or so of usage to help close the gap around the nose).
We now have a flat metal strip that can be sewn, and shouldn't twist or move from it's location.

I see the Paris region being locked down possibly by early September if the cases continue to rise.
There are 205 clusters in France at the moment, if I heard correctly on the radio earlier today.
Ile-de-France is one of the worst hit regions now, and the most population dense, that need to use public Transport to get around.
yay.

Stay Safe people, this isn't going anywhere soon.

Remember, Nextstrain.org shows where we are with the different Strains/variants (6 I think now) and where they were detected.

edit on 24-7-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Thank you for the information very informative.

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Humm seems we have another origin theory.

A Russian scientist stuns the world by revealing only betacoronaviruses with humans & YAKS as hosts have spike glycoprotein N‐terminal domains, which is absent in all other analyzed hosts, infuriating Andersen et al due to failed "O' glycan prediction
@mentions
The Belarus Scientists, Dabravolski & Kavalionak, destroy the pangolin hypothesis with one mighty blow of bovine coronavirus!
Yes, Bovine coronavirus~!

This could be the smoking gun or rather the smoking Yak or rather the smoking Thangka,

research by Billy Bostickson
who is the Public Relations Secretary for RAGE UNIVERSITY, the first free online University for Activists. Radical Activist Global Education.
Strangely didn't find his name in a site search.

Apparently the gain of function research banned in the USA and move to China and funded by USA via Peter Daszak & Dennis Carroll (PREDICT-USAID) found the curious spike inserted into the covid genome.
played with it and intended to use it for population control. - How true is that I don't know but better scholars on this site have hypothesized both US & Chinese Biowarfare virologists have been researching on this lines for many years.

From Billy.

A bovine coronavirus spike protein inserted into a WIV15 backbone at an underground lab in Harbin, meant for release in HK, but first sent for primate testing at WIV & WHU ABSL3 Labs in May 2019, from where it mutated & escaped due to a lab leak.

? Puzzled ?

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

BNO :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Coronavirus: New face covering rules in force in England

Face coverings are now compulsory for customers in shops in England, after new coronavirus rules came into force within 12 hours of the government issuing guidance on the change.

Coverings are mandatory in enclosed public spaces such as supermarkets, indoor shopping centres, transport hubs, banks and takeaways.

Police can hand out fines of up to £100 to those who do not comply.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Interesting video here
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cirrus12

Agenda 21 it is!

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

BNO :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A new, more contagious strain, has been detected in Vietnam :

vietnamtimes.org.vn...

www.thestar.com.my...

www.theguardian.com...

abcnews.go.com...

They don't know where it has come from, as in which outside country, but it is spreading locally.
People are currently trying to flee Da Nang, and will probably help the spread to other area's.

posted on Jul, 27 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

BNO :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The DOCTORS Speak

Boom. This group of doctors fully support HCQ, Zinc and Azithromycin as a CURE. They slam the media and big tech censorship pushing fake retreated studies and denying the real evidence. They question the political agenda when doctors are discouraged from prescribing this treatment. Why are pharmacists allowed for the first time to interfere with a doctors prescription with this treatment?

The people pushing this web of fear want to kill us is all is the only answer I have.

If I had anything to say to Fauci, you better get a lawyer son, you are gonna need a real good one.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
very interesting review from an Emeritus Professor of Immunology...Reveals Crucial Viral Immunity Reality
More test doesnt produce more deaths, and people immune to a virus will still produce a positive result even though they virus is dead.

Also discusses the true fact the lock down did nothing to the curve of the virus, 500 deaths per million nominally predicted and is holding true around the world regardless of the action taken.

He also believes Virus topics are becoming a religious like fervour in medieval minds. Uses Argentina as an example of there long lock down and mask wearing but their deaths still matching the predicated curves.

posted on Jul, 28 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

BNO :

www.worldometers.info...
bnonews.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

The people pushing this web of fear want to kill us is all is the only answer I have.

It's either that or they don't care if we die as long as they make their giga-billions. How will people beg for the vaccines if they allow an effective treatment?
edit on 29-7-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
They could just get us super pissed at each other and let us kill each other while they watch from their ivory towers.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

It's either that or they don't care if we die as long as they make their giga-billions. How will people beg for the vaccines if they allow an effective treatment?

Great point and is very much a motivating factor in all of this. But even still, to make a conscious choice of capital gain requires understanding the costs that will come with these decisions.

Depending on who you ask and what their position is, maybe they just don't care that many 1000's will die, maybe it excites them being responsible for such damage and an added bonus for them. Psychopathic tendencies are common in the world of big business.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I couldn't find anything on Fauci holding Meridian stock, yet I swear I saw that somewhere. Is there a link somewhere?

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join