It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raccoon Dog?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Okay, am I the only one who has never heard of a raccoon dog??? Yes, it's real. The only thing that saddens me is that they are hunted for their fur. NOT GOOD! Anyway, here you go, a beautiful animal.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Never heard of that, they sound cool though.

I honestly didn't think anyone bought fur much anymore, that really has to be a dwindling market.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

I didn't think so either. Poor beautiful animals.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I haven't seen a woman or man wearing fur in years. Given the advancement of "fake" fur and other factors, I'm guessing it's a sliver of what it was.

I guess all that's left is the "royalty" of the world that are clutching to old world symbolism of wealth.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

originally posted by: Night Star

I haven't seen a woman or man wearing fur in years. Given the advancement of "fake" fur and other factors, I'm guessing it's a sliver of what it was.

I guess all that's left is the "royalty" of the world that are clutching to old world symbolism of wealth.

The biggest markets for fur is Russia and China.

Most fur now is ranched and not wild.

Hopefully the market will die out soon.

To the OP, great catch!

Never heard of a racoon dog before now.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I was today years old when I found out that the Super Mario Bro's 3 Tanuki Suit was based off of a real animal.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I remember, sadly, seeing the very beginning of a movie many years ago, that included intro images of these poor creatures being skinned alive and throw into a truck, and the face of one peering, in agony, over the top...

Made me sick to my stomach and I deleted that movie.. and no, it wasn't a gore movie, at least it wasn't portrayed as one... some indi film.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Wasn't it a Red Panda?
I appreciated that it flew and turned into a statue for defense. But I was kinda partial to the Hammer Bros. suit myself lol.
Great memories...

edit on 10Sat, 11 Apr 2020 10:34:10 -0500amvAmerica/ChicagoSaturdayb20204America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Da Covid made me do it

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Wasn't it a Red Panda?
I appreciated that it flew and turned into a statue for defense. But I was kinda partial to the Hammer Bros. suit myself lol.
Great memories...

It looked like a Red Panda, but was called the Tanuki Suit. I just figured it was made up. Boy was I surprised 32 years later lol

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
China wants to know raccoondogs location.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
China wants to know raccoondogs location.

top topics

join