It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan governor expands order. Constitutional rights disintegrating before our eyes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Many of us have seen it coming. Another tightening of the noose. From the Detroit Free Press:

Until now, travel between two Michigan residences has been permitted.

Beginning Saturday morning, that will end, except for purposes such as caring for a relative, an elderly friend, or a pet, visiting a nursing home or similar facility, attending a funeral with no more than 10 people, or complying with a court order related to child custody.

“All public and private gatherings of any size are prohibited," Whitmer said at a news conference. "People can still leave the house for outdoor activities," and outdoor "recreational activities are still permitted as long as they’re taking place outside of six feet from anyone else.”

All private gatherings are prohibited. This is in a US state. We've seen the news about people getting citations for parties, but NOW even 1 person cannot be in your private residence unless the governor permits it. It gets better. You also can't go to your own private property of it's not your primary residence.

People will still be able to travel to other residences outside the state, but not to cottages or vacation rentals inside the state, the order says.

I'd love to hear from everybody that's been defending the escalating violations of our most basic rights. We've been telling you it won't stop at parties and churches, but now we see just how far it's going. Now that we've crossed this line then what's next? You can't go to the nursery to get plants and supplies to grow food. Food, being by government decree, non-essential unless you get it from a grocery store that may or may not have adequate supplies.

What's next? Are we going to see food and fuel seized by governors to ensure they are distributed by EO. Maybe first they'll just restrict it a bit, to ensure supply, then seize it later. Maybe you only get 5 or 6 gallons a week because, there's a stay at home order, why would you need more gas to burn traveling? You don't need more than a week worth of food because the government is ensuring supply.

Don't be selfish, you have to think about everybody. Didn't you hear all your favorite celebrities saying we're in this together? They're staying at home, just like us. Just do the right thing and OBEY!

DOJ needs to immediately put a line in the sand or this is only getting worse. I never thought it could happen like this. Not this fast and this easy. This is shameful. It's a disgrace. I've never been more disgusted with the state of this country.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hail Whitmer. I wonder if she is related to Hitler.

Kind of sounds similar.
edit on 11-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
We were not vigilant, nor appalled enough to take action when the Patriot Act and the NDAA were signed into law.

We must take responsibility for that.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." -Benjamin Franklin

We are now reaping what the government has sown.

Do we deserve it?

Of course not.

However, they are going to wave the law in your face now, what can you wave in theirs?

edit on 4/11/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't like it but, but I understand it temporarily, and reserve the right to change if it's not pulled back at the appropriate time soon. The same thing was done here in Georgia because everybody was heading to their favorite mountain hideaway swamping the small town services, grocery and liquor supplies and stretching the small police departments. Most of these restrictions were obviously done at the behest of frazzled small-town mayors. If it's extended after May first we can have another discussion

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I don't like it but, but I understand it temporarily, and reserve the right to change if it's not pulled back at the appropriate time soon. The same thing was done here in Georgia because everybody was heading to their favorite mountain hideaway swamping the small town services, grocery and liquor supplies and stretching the small police departments. Most of these restrictions were obviously done at the behest of frazzled small-town mayors. If it's extended after May first we can have another discussion

This is most certainly the issue, if people followed direction the draconian laws wouldn't be needed, turns out though stupid people need heavy handed policing/laws to get them them to play ball, I guess it's why prisons are full of people and walls are needed to be built at the southern border.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This is most certainly the issue, if people followed direction the draconian laws wouldn't be needed, turns out though stupid people need heavy handed policing/laws to get them them to play ball, I guess it's why prisons are full of people and walls are needed to be built at the southern border.

Playing ball and having one strapped in your mouth are two very different things.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Do you really think that it will ever be "pulled back?" Really?

The misnamed "Patriot Act" was "for our good" and was only so they could catch the terrorists. Nearly 20 years down the road, has it been "pulled back?"

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

That is you, sir. You neither deserve nor will have either. Sadly, the rest of the country will be caught up on that trap, as well.
:
edit on 2020 4 11 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Playing ball and having one strapped in your mouth are two very different things.

Its a #ty situation no doubt.

I live on the nsw/Queensland border, Queensland closed their borders and closed their beaches so as a result queenslanders came over to nsw and had large gatherings in and on nsw beaches, to the point the local council had to clamp down and shut the beaches here, now the laws have been tightened further and queenslanders crossing t h e border have been threatened with the whole " go over the border without good reason you won't be allowed back".

Put simply we were asked to self isolate, nobody gives a # so they have no choice but draught up draconian laws because of a few stupid people, it's always #tards that ruin it for the rest of us.
edit on 11-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Nope, under this garbage, you cannot so much as check on a cabin or cottage you own elsewhere in the state anymore. Like I mentioned in another thread, don't pay those property taxes, people. You should not have to pay property taxes on something you own but the government won't let you go to.

And under this steaming pile of manure, I'm no longer permitted to watch my neighbor's kids when the husband is at work and she needs to go to the store. Now she has to cart them with her and put up with glares from the lined up goosestepping bootlickers for bringing them in the first place.

Spoiler: I'm still watching their kids when need be it, because # the governor. This is the same twatwaffle who prohibited using your own boat or anything else motor powered out on the lakes, but you can still launch a canoe. She's a canoe, all right. It rhymes with "sploosh canoe".

You know what's more of an eye-opener to loss of freedoms than those? Car lots can still sell cars, have test drives, but lawyers are not essential, and cannot work in Michigan.

I've got a few things to say in closing, but they're blatant T & C violations. Suffice it to say, karma is watching Whitmer. Closely.

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Nobody cares what you do on the hind of the world over there in Australia. If you want to be walked all over, go for it. What you do and support is your own bed to deal with. Not ours.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Stop the FAKE freedom hysteria

AN INFECTIOUS KILLER DISEASE IS LOOSE!
edit on 11-4-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

It's AN INFECTIOUS KILLER DISEASE IS LOOSE!

Yeah I agree. Posting fake freedom hysteria on a website seen by like 5000 people is going to be a game changer. Got to love all the arm chair freedom fighters here on ATS.

Got to love the "taking names" people here as if they actually are going to do something.
edit on 11-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Nobody cares what you do on the hind of the world over there in Australia. If you want to be walked all over, go for it. What you do and support is your own bed to deal with. Not ours.

What exactly do you think I should do about it ?

And other than be an arm chair warrior and try to sound all tough, what are you going to about it ?

edit on 11-4-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Well, you do live in the "hind of the world" whatever the hell that means, so I think maybe they were implying something. I like the question though - what should you do about it? What is the other poster doing about it? Absolutely NADA so feel comfortable in doing whatever you like. They are talking on a website. They don't belong to a militia but then again after just being here a couple days I wonder...

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

What exactly do you think I should do about it ?

I don't care what you do. I'm not Australian, and don't give a hoot about it. What part about that did you not understand the first time?

And other than be an arm chair warrior and try to sound all tough, what are you going to about it ?

Defying the orders is a good non-violent start that sends a strong message. I'll start that way by continuing to do what we do already, thanks. If and when it progresses to group protests, I'll participate in them.

I draw the line at rioting, I will not participate in those. If others want to, it's their call.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: Willtell

It's AN INFECTIOUS KILLER DISEASE IS LOOSE!

Yeah I agree. Posting fake freedom hysteria on a website seen by like 5000 people is going to be a game changer. Got to love all the arm chair freedom fighters here on ATS.

And the armchair freedom fighter-fighter must bravely man the keyboard to tell us how we're armchair warriors.

Statues will be erected in the halls of history for you alone for standing up to the scourge of armchair freedom fighters and having the courage to open every thread about rights being violated and type those powerful words. Armchair freedom fighter!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

One thing is for sure this virus will bring out the keyboard hero's in droves. Another member mentioned earlier today that there's likely many foreign posters looking to insight the gullible amongst us into acts of terrorism.

I don't like where any of this is headed.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If enough people do it, I wonder what they're going to do about it. Perhaps it needs to be done in large, armed groups.

Signed, Keyboard Warrior.
edit on 11-4-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Forgot to sign it, DUH

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Sure man what ever makes you feel like an avengers character.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Agreed. I think ATS is interesting as a view of how skewed a lot things get and why there is so much crazy misinformation. There is a weird sycophantic love of certain members who seem to bask in it and they are held as some arbiters of info. Its outstandingly hilarious.

Also i submit if you are actually posting things about revolution etc you are a full on moron just cause common sense and all.

But yeah, these guys are the guys that would have you locked up and executed - don't kid your self - ATS used to be a place of discussion - often angry, but still discussion.

This stuff is "I saw you stayed in your house. You are a TRAITOR!" so stupid all the way around. This whole things sucks balls

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join