It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return to sender -- why mail-ins would not work nationwide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
And they want to have mail-in nationwide????????????????????????????
They must have lost their last mind.
Returned to sender: Postal officials investigating Wisconsin absentee ballots that were never delivered

Scott Botcher, Fox Point village manager, said his staff worked hard to quickly send ballots to all 2,877 residents who requested them. But something strange happened ahead of Election Day: USPS repeatedly returned unsent ballots without explanation.

It is a recipe for fraud, corruption and disaster.
I bet could get a absentee for my dog!

And, it is a bi-partisan effort to dig into the issue!
Both of Wisconsin's senators call on U.S. Postal Service IG to launch absentee ballot investigation

Both of Wisconsin's senators are urging the Inspector General of the U.S. Postal Service Tammy Whitcomb to investigate reports of irregularities involving absentee ballots for the election held on Tuesday, April 7th.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, and Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) sent a letter to the IG on Thursday.

Milwaukee Election Commission to request investigation by U.S. Postal Service into missing absentee ballots

I'm sorry, going to the polls is as much a part of the election process as watching the results.
We should NOT be swayed to give up this privilege, for ANY reason!!!!!!
edit on Fri Apr 10 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed BB code

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Here's my shocked face... Just kidding. Anyone who thinks this is actually a good path forward is naive, or worse, an idiot.

I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I'm sorry, going to the polls is as much a part of the election process as watching the results.

Entirely agree.

The election process SHOULD include you taking the time to go to the voting station, signing in and voting.

If nothing else it is a reminder that you as a citizen are doing your civic duty and how important it is not only to your country, but that YOU have a voice in your future as well.

Without the physical part of it then we might as well just all stop voting and let them do it for us.

Which is what I fear they want in the first place.

edit on 10-4-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Fingerprint scanners are dirt cheap technology. So are mail in fingerprint kits with absentee ballots. Fingerprints were used in Iraq to eliminate fraud but in America nope. Can't have it. Media just keeps saying there is no voter fraud despite scores of stories of legit voter fraud with people going to jail.

Get FINGERPRINT SCANNERS and KITS and we could finally have real elections just like Iraq.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

They are tanking the U.S. Postal Service, right now, anyway.

We're going to be forced to accept the online voting system they've been prepping for over a decade, when we are all locked down again in the fall.

That online voting system was the ONLY thing they had prepared for this pandemic.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Perhaps the most widely-reported recent example of absentee ballot fraud was a case during the 2018 midterm election in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District.

Election results were overturned after it was learned that a Republican political operative improperly collected and possibly altered or discarded ballots to sway the election in favor of Republican Mark Harris.

That operative was ultimately indicted on felony ballot tampering charges, and Harris dropped out of the race prior to the new election.

www.factcheck.org...

Can we say projection?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
It is a recipe for fraud, corruption and disaster.
I bet could get a absentee for my dog!

You could. Thanks to the Help America Vote Act, it's a violation of federal law for states to refuse voter registration to applicants that can't/won't/don't provide either a DL/ID# or a SS# for verification.

Set up a PO Box, use it as your dog's mailing address, give a residential address like "Under the overpass at EXIT 15," and depending on what state your dog lives in and how old you say he is, the ID laws for voting can be easily overcome.

In California, they'll even mail your dog a VOTER NOTIFICATION CARD after they register him...then he can send a copy of the card as an 'acceptable form of ID' when he mails in his ballot.

edit on 4/10/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
A friend of mine had back surgery during the last presidential election and spend the election in a care facility.

This care facility also cared for the elderly and Alzheimer patients.

He waited for his mail in ballot and it never came.

He had a friend check on why it never showed up and the election officials claimed he had voted.

He asked for an investigation and the investigator went to the care facility and was told that he was an Alzheimer patient and likely did not remember Voting. i have known him for years and no way does he have Alzheimers.
The investigator never did check out this story that he had Alzheimers and never did talk to him in person.

This was BS but later he found some nursing staff were taking mail in ballots of the elderly and filling them out and scribbling a signature on them and returning them.

A good number of the nursing staff were union workers and likely democrats.

My friend was a life long Republican and always voted GOP.

Many states like California never REALLY investigate mail in voter fraud like this or cases where elderly or others have ballots are voted by others that are not the voter.

There have been a number of groups that have registered felons and illegals in calif over the years.
www.heritage.org...
cis.org...
www.heritage.org...
edit on 11-4-2020 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

And there is Pia, the mummified woman found in her garage in Pontiac Michigan.

While she lay dead, undiscovered in her garage, somehow she voted in a Michigan gubernatorial election.

Chalked up to some kind of unexplained glitch...but there's more to her story that suggests otherwise: Link

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Perhaps the most widely-reported recent example of absentee ballot fraud was a case during the 2018 midterm election in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District.

Election results were overturned after it was learned that a Republican political operative improperly collected and possibly altered or discarded ballots to sway the election in favor of Republican Mark Harris.

That operative was ultimately indicted on felony ballot tampering charges, and Harris dropped out of the race prior to the new election.

www.factcheck.org...

Can we say projection?

Speaking of projection, your quote has absolutely nothing to do with mail-in ballots and 2020 and Wisconsin.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Ummmm......this is 2020.
Both parties are concerned.

If say it's far too early for partisanship.

But not too early to see a flawed universal voting method when we see it

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Here's the problem;

Precedent has already been established with social distancing and stay-at-home orders.

This fall, we're going to be seeing the second wave of Covid-19.

The govenors will just shut down voting stations (for your safety and security) and by decree, establish mail-in voting.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

*shrug*

It works great in Colorado. We have barcode tracking at each step (sent to us, sent back, counted). I have no idea what Wisconsin's problem is.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If essential workers can go to work and we can go get food and medicine then , if we can agree that voting is among our most cherished rights, then let's say it's essential and go out and vote.
How can it be ok to go to Walmart and grocery shop but it's not ok to go out and vote?

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Here's the problem;

Precedent has already been established with social distancing and stay-at-home orders.

This fall, we're going to be seeing the second wave of Covid-19.

The govenors will just shut down voting stations (for your safety and security) and by decree, establish mail-in voting.

edit on 11-4-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

You're using logic and reason to argue irrational actions on the part of government.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The funny thing is that some believe that showing up in person and voting makes a difference.

Mail in votes are just as valid as in person votes, that is to say, not at all.

It is all part of the illusion of Freedom that we've all been sold.

Keep squabbling over trivialities; that's what They want.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But we have illegals, dead people, dogs, nurses and the USPS screwing things up.
Even easier than in person.

Then we have states who have antiquated laws for counting those votes, as in they can ONLY be counted on Election Day.

Tell me how this will end well....and FAIRLY?????

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

How do barcodes prevent fraud?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It won't.

If anything positive can be said about this pandemic, it can be said that it has highlighted the inefficiency, incompetence, the corruption of our system(s) of government.

And while this disease won't get worse, the government response to it will.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

One vote per registered voter? Or are you implying the entire system is corrupt and "they" (it's us) can change a registered vote for yay to nay?

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join