It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krakatoa Erupts Near Indonesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Let's hope this is not a trend in the near future. The volcano erupted and shot ash 9 miles up into the atmosphere. Biggest eruption since 2018 which caused a tsunami.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The infamous volcano Krakotao erupted Friday, spewing a large plum of ash nine miles into the air.

At approximately 11 p.m. local time, the volcano's loud eruption was reportedly heard by Indonesians in the country's capital, Jakarta, more than 90 miles away. Images taken from a webcam near the area show lava flowing from the volcano.

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ashes will give a second reason to wear a mask.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Solar cycles coincide with volcanic activity.

www.armstrongeconomics.com...

www.cfa.harvard.edu...
edit on 10-4-2020 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

This may lead to a cooling trend, it is theorized that volcanic eruptions warmed the earth and ended the snow ball earth but they have also on many occasions in the past cooled it, while this is a tiny volcano compared to those event's (Deccan trap's and other super volcano's - krakatoa is just an ordinary one though very active) it is still an interesting thought.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Alls I know is, fingers crossed Yellowstone stays sleeping for a while yet.

a reply to: LABTECH767

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I would be far more worried about Campi Flegrei before Yellowstone.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I would be far more worried about Campi Flegrei before Yellowstone.

Makes sense. There were worries that it could erupt due to the activity a few years back.

Mix in a little prophecy doom and gloom, could be the cause of total obliteration of the seat of the Catholic church.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
"Krakatoa Erupts Near Indonesia"

I've erupted many times, but I've never been near Indonesia.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
"Krakatoa Erupts Near Indonesia"

I've erupted many times, but I've never been near Indonesia.

Touché!!
😂😂

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

a lil social distancing and everyone will be alright! have to think about the children!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yellowstone is one of the most highly monitored super volcanic complexes in the world. If there is a tiny hiccup there, we know. But Campi is very, very poorly monitored. The Bay of Naples exhibited a ton of uplift a while ago, and no one knows why because there just isn't any real monitoring of that entire system.

If it blew, you're talking about the deaths of pretty much everyone in Naples, not to mention pretty well all of Europe having a bad, bad time. And that's without talking about all the problems it would cause in the Mediterranean.

And that's before we get into any potential impacts on worldwide weather.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm with you about Campi Flegrei.

Here's a little video I stumbled on when the news broke showing the VEI differences in well known volcanoes. Ffwd to 45 seconds though.

Here's the whole link in case that one is naff. I did copy after the = sign.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QSl_t65wnw&fbclid=IwAR09glXmWwGD_nOTyyr0zfw8XSdnJrLjKAS19Fd1hfyI2pbdpH9Yhgz8OUY

Rainbows
Jane

edit on am47America/ChicagoSaturday2020-04-11T07:31:44-05:0007America/Chicago04000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

edit on am47America/ChicagoSaturday2020-04-11T07:32:25-05:0007America/Chicago04000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

edit on am47America/ChicagoSaturday2020-04-11T07:33:56-05:0007America/Chicago04000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on Sat Apr 11 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix vid

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

This may lead to a cooling trend, it is theorized that volcanic eruptions warmed the earth and ended the snow ball earth but they have also on many occasions in the past cooled it, while this is a tiny volcano compared to those event's (Deccan trap's and other super volcano's - krakatoa is just an ordinary one though very active) it is still an interesting thought.

actually in 1883 Krakatoa caused a global cooling effect and also a suppressed the rise in sea level. it is well documented.

The eruption of Krakatoa, or Krakatau, in August 1883 was one of the most deadly volcanic eruptions of modern history. It is estimated that more than 36,000 people died. Many died as a result of thermal injury from the blasts and many more were victims of the tsunamis that followed the collapse of the volcano into the caldera below sea level. The eruption also affected the climate and caused temperatures to drop all over the world.
Krakatoa Volcano: Facts About 1883 Eruption

Krakatoa stifled sea level rise for decades.
edit on 11-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It did, but it takes a long time for a volcano to recharge to that magnitude of eruption. Krakatoa could erupt to that level again, but I think it's a little soon for that.

There are other candidates around the world that could go off with that potential though.

In order to find something that is likely to erupt on that scale, you're looking for something that has been more or less quiet for a long time in most cases because it's been slowly charging its magma chamber underneath and hasn't been letting off steam with regular eruptions. Then, when the pressure builds up, it tends to be very, very large ... even catastrophic.

For example, Tambora was the one of the biggest recorded eruptions in 1815, and prior to that, it showed no signs of life at all for 1,000 years.

edit on 11-4-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

it's been very active and they have documented vents in the waters around the island. been active most of the year last year even after the 2018 eruption.

here is the, Smithsonian Institution Global Volcanism Program site for Krakatoa it's plain to see that there is something going on and i would dare say a large eruption may happen soon. check out the last set of images.

Smithsonian Institution Global Volcanism Program

also before the 1883 eruption there were years of seismic activity, and right before the big one, smaller eruptions happened.

edit on 11-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Magnetic pole shift apocalypse confirmed.

magnetosphere video

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

Allow me to guess.... the volcano got covid-19? Do we have to throw virgins in?

new borns it is.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you want some real volcano doom-
there is one region in Iceland which is threatening to erupt.
Last time it did was 800 years ago and it went on for 300 years!

I bet that would cause some problems if it did that again nowadays.

www.theguardian.com...

But this is 2020,so knowing our luck maybe Iceland will just be a precursor event to Siberian Traps version 2.
THAT was the among the biggest volcanic events in earths history and went on for a million years,dumping 3 million square miles of lava on Siberia.
We probably don't need a repeat of that just now.

Anyway,heres a video of the latest Krakatoa eruption:

I would love to see something like that from a safe distance once in my lifetime.
Scary but beautiful mother nature.

top topics

join