It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OR has 146 TOTAL CV19 Hospitalizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I’m a broken record today.

I really really really want people to see this news and start thinking - and find more examples of this absurdity.

www.oregonlive.com...

In the past, Oregon released cumulative hospitalizations and active hospitalizations, but the later category did not distinguish between confirmed or suspected cases.

Oregon reported 156 confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations on Wednesday, the first day the tally was available. The cumulative number of hospitalizations for confirmed coronavirus cases since the outbreak began in February is 326, according to the state.

State officials have said social distancing measures have helped blunt the spread of coronavirus, which in turn has helped prevent a flood of severe cases to hospitals. Oregon has nearly 300 intensive-care-unit beds available, more than 2,200 non-ICU beds open and almost 800 ventilators not in use.

So OR state official spiked the football about social distancing - after they had made a number of dyer predictions earlier on... and are just now releasing the actual data.

Start digging in your local area for stories like this - I bet there’s a whole lot of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Hmmmm... something doesn't sound right then. This link says at least 400 and has the breakdown by age groups.

www.livescience.com...

Oregon has confirmed 1,321 cases of COVID-19 as of Thursday, April 9.

At least 400 people are currently hospitalized with the virus in the state as of April 9.

Thirty-one of the cases are in people ages 19 and younger, 141 are in 20- to 29-year-olds, 203 are in 30- to 39-year-olds, 245 are in 40- to 49-year-olds, 237 are in 50- to 59-year-olds, 241 are in 60- to 69-year-olds, 138 are in 70- to 70-year-olds, and 84 are in people older than 80.

edit on 10-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What defines hospitalizations? If you go to the ER with lung problems and they do a test and send you home because it is not that bad and is covid and tell you to quarantine yourself, is that considered a hospitalization? I know of a couple of people here who tested positive after being sent to be checked at the hospital and they were considered hospitalized in the figures I think, because they were there waiting for results for many hours. The one girl is not feeling bad, and she has not been following the quarantine very well.... been out at the stores...some locals getting upset. She works at a nursing home and they tested everyone who worked there and the patients. Two positive workers and three positive patients. They think someone visiting a patient. brought it in before they shut visitation down. I know one of the patients already died last I heard.

It is bad when the virus gets in to the nursing homes.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

No problem. This is some of the scammiest BS ever known and the more people that realize that, all the better.

If you're afraid of getting infected or infecting someone, YOU stay home. Don't bring down the whole world because you're a softie.

But then here are..

edit on 10-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

No problem. This is some of the scammiest BS ever known and the more people that realize that, all the better.

If you're afraid of getting infected or infecting someone, YOU stay home. Don't bring down the whole world because you're a softie.

But here are.

Is this a nazi communist takeover or a boomer virus?
The boomers are panicking everywhere.
They also run the lions share of power positions.
It would make sense for them to want to lock up the plebs so they don't risk getting it.
Mixed in with a little wealth redistribution and here we are.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You'll love this! Steven Crowder did some checking at the CDC website and found that they are listing ZERO, that's right, ZERO deaths for flu and pneumonia! Something smells fishy indeed.

Pay attention to who wants to keep the economy shut down.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You'll love this! Steven Crowder did some checking at the CDC website and found that they are listing ZERO, that's right, ZERO deaths for flu and pneumonia! Something smells fishy indeed

Nope, not fishy. It’s exactly what I predicted would happen. All the things you would do to suppress COVID19 (social distancing, wearing masks, frequent hand washing) are exactly the same things you would do to suppress seasonal flu. Seasonal flu is only maybe half as infectious as COVID19, so it wouldn’t take much to suppress it completely. The flu season is over.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

You'll love this! Steven Crowder did some checking at the CDC website and found that they are listing ZERO, that's right, ZERO deaths for flu and pneumonia! Something smells fishy indeed

Nope, not fishy. It’s exactly what I predicted would happen. All the things you would do to suppress COVID19 (social distancing, wearing masks, frequent hand washing) are exactly the same things you would do to suppress seasonal flu. Seasonal flu is only maybe half as infectious as COVID19, so it wouldn’t take much to suppress it completely. The flu season is over.

What? No. The flu is way more contagious, only lives on surfaces for 24 hours and hits over 300 million people a year, with 77,000 deaths in 2017 alone. And that's just a single country stats; WITH THE VACCINES.

It's impossible there are 0 deaths from flu or pneumonia. Covid causes pneumonia, and that's what kills you with covid. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Basically if you're not under 100 iq, in lay person, this means they are just counting all the usual deaths as covid.
edit on 10-4-2020 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
It is bad when ANY virus gets I to a nursing home, as the overwhelming majority are vulnerable people. However, nursing home elders unfortunately die every year in care from respiratory illness, and really once again it's no different. To believe the news now about the dire implications of not social distancing is to believe Saddam had the most sophisticated WMD program to ever bless the planet innall of history.

Not like the Global Engagement Center creates partnerships with, yup you guessed it, other government agencies, the media, NGO's, academia, professors, the entertainment industry etc.. using special agents and operators to influence targeted demographics.

How long will everyone accept state minnd control is my o my question. Seems like everyone just accepted it at face value, the same lying news media that spent four years trying to overthrow the elected government.
edit on 4-10-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

originally posted by: 1947boomer

What? No. The flu is way more contagious, only lives on surfaces for 24 hours and hits over 300 million people a year, with 77,000 deaths in 2017 alone. And that's just a single country stats; WITH THE VACCINES.

1) when you quote the numbers of 300 million and 77,000, I think you are mixing apples and oranges. There are 330 million people in the US. The CDC estimates that anywhere from 5% to 20% catch the seasonal flu in the US each year, depending on which strain it is and how much preexisting immunity to it the population has. That would be about 6.6 million in the US, in a bad year. I don't know where you got the 300 million figure. That could be roughly how many get the flu world wide every season, but frankly, that seems on the low side.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

2) The length of time an influenza virus lives on a surface is not much different than a coronavirus. But that's not a good measure of how contagious it is, anyway.

3) The parameter that measures how contagious a virus is is the Basic Reproduction Number, R0. For seasonal influenza, R0 averages about 1.3. That means that on the average, every person who is infected transfers the virus to 1.3 other people, during the time they are contagious.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

For COVID19, R0 is estimated to be about 2.3:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

That's what I mean when I say that COVID19 is more contagious than seasonal flu; each carrier of the coronavirus transfers the virus to nearly twice as many other people than a carrier with the seasonal flu would transfer.

4) The other factor you are probably not taking into account is the fact that for seasonal flu, a sizable fraction of the population already has some immunity, because the flu is endemic to the population. Here's what that means:

The effective rate of growth of an outbreak is the R0 for that virus multiplied by the fraction of the population that is susceptible to becoming a carrier for the virus, assuming they get the virus transferred to them by someone else. If, just to take an example, 15% of the population has immunity to a flu virus at the beginning of a new flu season, then they can't become carriers and only 85% of the population is susceptible to developing the disease and infecting someone else. So the effective reproduction number for the seasonal flu in that case, would be 1.3 x .85 = 1.1. If you had a seasonal flu with this kind of effective reproduction number, and you didn't take any drastic measures like widespread social distancing, etc. then standard epidemic models would predict that about 10% of the population would have been infected by the time this particular seasonal flu burns itself out at the end of the season. That's about in the middle of the pack for the range that the CDC says (5% to 20%).

What a lot of people miss is that COVID19 is caused by a novel coronavirus. That means this particular one has never appeared in the human population before. No one has immunity. 100% of the population is susceptible to becoming a carrier if they get infected. That's effectively what the term "pandemic" means; everybody can spread it. So, for COVID19 if you didn't take any drastic measures like widespread social distancing, etc. the standard epidemic models would predict that about 56% of the population would have been infected by the time it burns itself out.

So let's say that you undertake social distancing measures and you cut the average number of daily human-to-human contacts in half, compared to business-as-usual. In that case, you would expect the effective reproduction number of COVID19 to go down to to about 1.15. That's still a number greater than 1.0, so the epidemic would still grow, but it would grow much slower than before, and the peak wouldn't get as high. That's basically what we're seeing in places that have implemented strong social distancing measures like California, Oregon, and Washington. The numbers of total cases by August forecast for those states now are much smaller than the forecasts of a week or two ago. If you cut the effective reproduction number for seasonal flu in half, it goes from 1.1 to 0.55. Any effective reproduction number less than 1.0 means that the epidemic for that particular infection is not growing, but is dying out exponentially. So the measures you would take to cut the growth rate of COVID19 in half would totally snuff out the seasonal flu. And that's what's happening now.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My "hospital system has two hospitals"...
One got parts of it permanently shut down and the other is reducing staffs hours.

new topics

top topics

join