It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“We’re going to have substantially less than 100k deaths”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just wait til Trump starts opening up the country to getting back to work.
24/7...MSM will blame Trump for every single new CV death for opening up the country too soon.

Who you kidding man? They're gleefully blaming him for all the deaths already. We're talking about some sick, sick people here.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: BoscoMoney

what are you talking about "resembling what we had before" Fauci said that we might ever shake hands again?? I thought I heard him say that?? A woman on the radio was saying that she thought it was a good thing that maybe if people were not allowed to touch her ever again.

This is insanity. People will be shaking hands again. And that woman on the radio is a loon.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The Needs Of The Many Outweigh The Needs Of The Few Or The ONE ................

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

You're being facetious, right?

Right?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

How's he gonna do that when he had nothing to do with shutting things down?
The local authorities acted on the recommendations of the CDC and WHO to protect their citizens.
The "I alone can do it" dude conveniently washed his hands of this situation.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Economically Right Now , The Needs Of The Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few Or the One ............

or.. You could use the irony from the story The Ant and the Grasshopper.

That'll spin your moral compass

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just wait til Trump starts opening up the country to getting back to work.
24/7...MSM will blame Trump for every single new CV death for opening up the country too soon.

Who you kidding man? They're gleefully blaming him for all the deaths already. We're talking about some sick, sick people here.

Trumps own words were the virus was under control, nothing to worry about yada yada yada, how can you argue otherwise ?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: hombero
Why are you talking in terms of "X per year" compared to something that's really only been a big thing for a few weeks? Do you see the fallacy?

Adding to that but all of these numbers are mix match. They use US numbers then jump on a world wide number, then back to compare to a US number.

Jeeze people! Over 102k people have already died from this in only a couple months!

"But but but... the flu and cancer and plane crashes and broken hips kill more people..."

Yeah.. those are problems too! Just what we need.. Another virus that kills hundreds of thousands of people ON TOP of the numbers of everything else contributing to death.

"But but but... It's still a small number compared to the flu... Why quarantine?"

Oh I guess it's true that it's no big deal until it kills your mother, your father, grandparents or your wife and kids...

amiright?

That’s a whole lot of not thinking right there.

You actually proved my point. So thank you for that.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So because you dislike the person you attached your bias to your misunderstanding. I'm sure you'll argue otherwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney

So because you dislike the person you attached your bias to your misunderstanding. I'm sure you'll argue otherwise.

Trumps own words, you know the ones he used to downplay the severity of this virus, how can you honestly dispute that ?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
No no no. Just wait 2 more weeks.

As per Chinese flu update thread #1,2,3,4 and #5

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Its okay, some folks dont understand beyond what they hear, and when that person is someone they dont like, those words can be easily turned to reflect your bias.

I get it. Its okay. It'll be alright.
edit on 11-4-2020 by BoscoMoney because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Oh of course 4 d chess, how did I miss that...

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Heart attacks are up 4x nationally. China reported that reinfection people were having heart attacks. These are not being counted either. Some of these are the same home pickups that aren't be counted.

Don't worry. Everyone WITH the virus is being counted as a COVID death. We'll still pad the stats for you!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The flu kills 10,000+ every year.

But how many of them never got a flu shot.

Even with a vaccine for covid19 how many would never take it. and how many will still be dieing a year after everyone else got the vaccine because they did not get it.

You would not believe how many anti vaccination people are out there relying on herd immunity.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Is a vaccine viable? Meaning, wouldn't the vaccine be worthless anyway in a year once the virus has mutated?
edit on 11-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

IDK.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Pretty definitive quote. Lets see a link or two about anyone GLEEFULLY blaming him for ALL the deaths.

Should be fairly easy.

I mean, you even qualified it, talking about some sick, sick, people.

Can I see an example of the SICK, SICK, people who are GLEEFULLY blaming ALL of the deaths on Trump?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

What point is that? That most people are downplaying this ordeal?

I don't know of anyone who died of the flu in years. So far, I know 2 people not all that 'far from home' that's died to this. Granted, these aren't people I know personally but it's fairly close to home.

Just remember... In a couple months, you need to come back to this post and admit you were wrong.

Look at the numbers... 1.7 million infected. 377k people made it out alive but no telling what they made it out with. 102k dead.

Guess what.. There are still 1.7 million people infected. A ungodly amount infected but unknown or unreported.

Read that again until it makes sense.

377k people survived with and without severe health complications.

102k dead

1.7 million still actively infected with unknown conditions.

I guess 1 out of 4 dead so far vs the ones that recovered to 'some' extent isn't so bad, is it?

20k people in ONE COUNTRY dead

16k dead in Spain

13k dead in France

9k dead in the UK

6 THOUSAND people dead in one city - New York CITY. Not New York STATE.

This is only over how long now? It's been a little over 2 and a half months and nearly 20k dead in the US alone. It started slow and it quickly started going up hill.

Don't nit pick the numbers. Cities are going to have a high dead ratio because of the amount of people in close proximity. That's 84% of the US population. Countries are already starting to have a second wave of infected. People who just got over it are getting it again... The flu doesn't do that... unless you get another strain, that is and that's not very often.

Playing this down is the same essence as those idiots who knew this was going on and decided to go spring breaking... They're scared now and they should be. I'd hate to kill someone in my family due to my own stupidity.

Go on... Play this down all you want. I wont tell you I told you so but I'm certain someone will.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You have put so much into these threads, thank you for that, very informative.

I'm assuming Covid-19 deaths around the world will be misrepresented, aside from cases where it isn't detected or something else is mistaken as the C.O.D there is the fact no country will want the dubious honour of being the country with the highest Covid-19 deaths.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join