It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA closed make-shift hospital - treated ZERO CV19 patients

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: seattlerat

Yes lets open up a conversation about rights! I would says yes My right to visit a freind does out wiegh the right of soemone who is vulnerable. you have the right to stay home and protect yourself and do whatever it is you need to do. Just like I have the right to put myself in harms way. Its still the classic ine of guilt taaxing people. ciggarrets are bad you shouldnt have them we the state are going to tax them and you for buying them. Soda is bad for you we the state are going to tax you because we think you shouldnt have them.

We have a right to put ourselves in danger yes we do.
So by your own logic, I have the right to work on high explosives in my garage, regardless whether i have had training or not... even though my neighbor is less than 30 feet away? I, after all, have the right to put myself in harm's way, right?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

Are the high explosives illegal? Is it illegal to work on high explosives? I mean by you're you should be able to work on a virus that might infect others if its in you're own home right?

(but seriously what kind of point are you trying to make?)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

Yes lets open up a conversation about rights! I would says yes My right to visit a freind does out wiegh the right of soemone who is vulnerable. you have the right to stay home and protect yourself and do whatever it is you need to do. Just like I have the right to put myself in harms way. Its still the classic ine of guilt taaxing people. ciggarrets are bad you shouldnt have them we the state are going to tax them and you for buying them. Soda is bad for you we the state are going to tax you because we think you shouldnt have them.

So by your own logic, I have the right to work on high explosives in my garage, regardless whether i have had training or not... even though my neighbor is less than 30 feet away? I, after all, have the right to put myself in harm's way, right?

Hyperbole and a non-sequitur.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

Are the high explosives illegal? Is it illegal to work on high explosives? I mean by you're you should be able to work on a virus that might infect others if its in you're own home right?

(but seriously what kind of point are you trying to make?)

The fact that you missed the obvious point doesnt shock me. The point I was trying to make is, that as destructive as high explosives are, the coronavirus can be just as destructive on the immune systems of those who are immune compromised. So any one on any sort of immuno suppressors, had any sort of major surgery, stroke, etc are at risk everytime you go out to visit your friends. Because chances are you aren't being careful about what you touch, cough, or sneeze on. So potentially every surface is a live explosive waiting to go off, to someone who's immune system is already shot or being suppressed.

Now to be fair, they always had to worry about those types of things, it's just now they have a more resilient virus (lives for a long time out of a host body), that is also easily communicable to worry about on top of everything else.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

originally posted by: looneylupinsrevenge

Hyperbole and a non-sequitur.

Nope your just not understanding. It was and is a direct comparison, using their own flawed logic. Read my response to the original poster, and maybe you'll finally understand.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

None of those field hospitals including the tents at our local hospitals were needed. I don't know why they had the Army Corp of Engineers build all those hospitals, unless it was a pissing contest to top China building a thousand bed hospital in seven days. The overkill response is something I just cannot wrap my head around.

Even if the virus was worse than they claim, who was going to man those units? Hospitals were not taking any patients other than the seriously ill. We were instructed not to go to the hospital unless you felt you needed to be in hospital or you were having trouble breathing.

Seriously ill patients require a higher level of care. You cannot give aides or nurses a crash course in how to care for seriously ill patients, and there just isn't enough critical care nurses or respiratory therapist to man all those additional patient care places.

Now hospital workers are joining the ranks of the unemployed. This is insanity at a level I just can't understand, unless I ditch the idea that all of this is actually being done because of a virus.

time.com...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
looney I think your analogy was clear, but here's one of my own:

Let's say I need glasses to be able to drive safely. Instead I tool around in my CRZ essentially blind because I don't want to hide my beautiful blue peepers from all the lovely ladies I encounter. I plow through a red light hitting a homeless drug-addict and killing him.

Is it:

a> my fault for not wearing glasses
b> the victim's fault for crossing the street in the crosswalk with a green WALK signal

So, we KNOW that social distancing, masks, and ESPECIALLY personal hygiene are what it takes to be "safe". If someone decides to ignore any or all of these things for their own selfish reasons (think of me trying to woo the ladies with my eyeballs) and then goes on to infect a person who is doing everything they can to be "safe" (in the crosswalk with a green signal) who then potentially dies, doesn't that selfish individual hold any amount of responsibility for their action/inaction that caused the transmission?

Is it really that difficult for people to understand this?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join