It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA closed make-shift hospital - treated ZERO CV19 patients

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

SO I have been thinking about this but this is my first time actually saying it. But since Washington State was the fgirst to get one of the cases in the country we should be one of the first to open up. The virus has worked its way through our state first. IF we want to talk about "models" ( I hate that word now haha.) Washington state should be the first model to open up. Whatever that looks like. That is the conversation we should be having. What does opening up look like.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm in North Seattle, and have spent some time watching people around my place- I would estimate that roughly 30% of my neighbors are currently (and have been) completely ignoring the government orders surrounding COVID-19. How many of them are asymptomatic and continue to spread the virus?

At least until the order is lifted, why not respect those of us who are vulnerable and still trying to prevent further spread? Does your right to visit with your friends outweigh the rights of a vulnerable individual that may be inadvertently infected?

My GF has a bunch of roommates who decided that this was a great weekend to go camping, to get away from the city. This is EXACTLY how the virus spreads and why the stay-at-home order was enacted. No way to ever gauge the fallout from these types of reckless behaviors, but how could someone be proud of this when they tell others how they survived the pandemic?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ive seen a lot of YouTube videos people filmed around the new 5G towers that are going up this week. All kinds of dead and dying birds falling out of trees, and dead insects and bees all over the ground. I hope those birds aren't catching Covid too

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Yes lets open up a conversation about rights! I would says yes My right to visit a freind does out wiegh the right of soemone who is vulnerable. you have the right to stay home and protect yourself and do whatever it is you need to do. Just like I have the right to put myself in harms way. Its still the classic ine of guilt taaxing people. ciggarrets are bad you shouldnt have them we the state are going to tax them and you for buying them. Soda is bad for you we the state are going to tax you because we think you shouldnt have them.

We have a right to put ourselves in danger yes we do.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliquandro
Ive said this in another thread, but Im still working in Seattle delivering food to hospitals, all now have screening, but none of it is very consistent. I deliver to way more hospitals than I did before since they are almost our only remaining customer now.

So all the hospitals now require screening, some will accept the screening sticker from a previous hospital, others wont. Some places REQUIRE me to remove my gloves and sanitize immediately, others are fine letting me have my existing mask/gloves... point being, they are all inconsistent and seem to be based on what they have supplies for.

I have yet to see an overrun ER in any of them, and today Harborview finally had its triage tent setup outside of ER entrance, with what appeared to be zero people being tested.

Some of the businesses that have cancelled with us are reopening next week, so the quarrantine is working whether they wanna admit it or not. All the dirt on this crisis says its being played for every single cent it can be, this is some weird shameless times we live in.

Have a great weekend folks, where ever you may be

Thank you for sharing this!!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm in North Seattle, and have spent some time watching people around my place- I would estimate that roughly 30% of my neighbors are currently (and have been) completely ignoring the government orders surrounding COVID-19. How many of them are asymptomatic and continue to spread the virus?

At least until the order is lifted, why not respect those of us who are vulnerable and still trying to prevent further spread? Does your right to visit with your friends outweigh the rights of a vulnerable individual that may be inadvertently infected?

My GF has a bunch of roommates who decided that this was a great weekend to go camping, to get away from the city. This is EXACTLY how the virus spreads and why the stay-at-home order was enacted. No way to ever gauge the fallout from these types of reckless behaviors, but how could someone be proud of this when they tell others how they survived the pandemic?

You raise a moral question that is entirely reasonable and fact-based.

It also wades into opinion.

I'm not the arbiter of right/wrong on this subject (fortunately) but I cant see both sides.

On one hand, is it my problem that someone else could be adversely affected by this? What if they smoked for 50 years? Have diabetes because they couldn't stop shoving food in their mouth? COPD because both of those things? So now I have to isolate my family, shut down schools, etc. because some other human couldn't make good life decisions and now healthy folks might kill them. is that really my fault or the fault of anyone besides the at risk person? nope....

On the flip side, you have truly elderly people who didn't make bad decisions and are at risk and don't deserve to have the act of an otherwise healthy person be the thing that ends their existence. But then I ask the question... how many immunocompromised 80+ year olds are running around all day in crowded places? Not a lot...

I think the argument for "why do you think you're more important than they are" can very easily be flipped on its head. I try to lead an active lifestyle, quit chewing the fresh Cope (but damn it's good), gave up beer and am generally active daily. Those are choices - and i'm not a model of perfect fitness by any means - but i'm making good choices and following a vitamin regiment (always do). So do I think i'm "more important"? No. But do I think we need to shutter the global economy, the education system, the medical community ex-ER triage because there's people who made poor health decisions over time who have a much higher risk of being infected by this? not really....

And I say that know that I would literally live/die by the same sword. I'm OK with that, others may not be....

Thought provoking post - so thank you for that!

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

My cousin in NY sent me video of a 5G installation as they were putting it up across the street from him. I am going to have to ask him if he notices anything strange or different happening around when they fire it up.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My cousin in NY sent me video of a 5G installation as they were putting it up across the street from him. I am going to have to ask him if he notices anything strange or different happening around when they fire it up.

Have him see if there are any dead insects below it, after it is put online

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Please do keep us posted. I haven't read into the 5G angle enough at this point to comment but it certainly is intriguing.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Yeah , and that 85 Year Old Woman waiting in the Emergency Room Lounge for a Splint for Her Broken Left Arm just HAD To Wait 4 Hours for the Other Hospital Covid-19 EMERGENCIES First , Right ? ...Hmm... ......................

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yeah , and that 85 Year Old Woman waiting in the Emergency Room Lounge for a Splint for Her Broken Left Arm just HAD To Wait 4 Hours for the Other Hospital Covid-19 EMERGENCIES First , Right ? ...Hmm... ......................

I don't know if you're F'in with me or not since I don't know what post you're replying to.

So my response is

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Excellent points. Another would be the allergy angle -- my husband is anaphylactic allergic to bees, and less but still severely allergic to penicillin and dairy. The latter two can be mitigated by not taking penicillin, and reading labels or ordering food free of dairy all together.

Bees are a different story. You can't control where bees go. Bees are his Covid.

He is not demanding everyone stop planting flowers or using bee attractants. He doesn't demand apiaries close to protect him from his personal issue there.

He does keep his distance, though sometimes there's SHTF moments like when one lands on him outside, or flies in via the car's open sun roof. That would be the equivalent of crossing paths with someone closer than 6 feet away, I guess.

I think if the severe allergy folks can manage to put up with something like the sting risk that may or may not kill them before an ambulance arrives, people demanding everyone else bend over backward to accommodate them can pick up some of their own slack and do some of the mitigation legwork themselves, too. Like a bee, you don't know when you're going to cross paths with one. Don't make everyone rip up their flowers for you, that's bulls#.
edit on 4/12/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

As someone vulnerable to respiratory illnesses.. I feel like the responsibility is on me to take care of me.

If you are new to this whole song and dance, I would genuinely suggest coming up with some sort of protocol during things like flu season and talk with friends & family about it. It doesnt take a whole lot.. Just keep an eye on things, wash your hands plenty, and if someone you come into contact with runs into a situation like that of your GF.. Plan on not seeing them for a bit. If they are clearly showing symptoms, its pretty obvious, but with any gathering like that during "the season," it can be prudent to take precautions. Depends on just how vulnerable ya are.

If its a real rough season (they come around every few years), its not a bad idea to try to self-isolate and hit stuff with disinfectant. I personally try to avoid disinfecting otherwise. Again, just kind of depends on you.

Im sure you already do, but getting your immune system in tip top shape is a good call too. Which means everything from vitamin levels to not being a germaphobe.

Its good to have a buffer of supplies as well, just in general. But, it can also reduce the chances of coming into contact with something.

Its not a sure thing, but c'est la vie.

As for the hospital here, and similar stories.. Is there any info on things like funding in relation to these things? Im sure some money needs to be spent in the construction, I just wonder if there is any "extra," or if it increases the likelihood of government funds, local public donations, etc.
edit on 12-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Washingtonian here. The reason it treated zero patients is because the Washington governor did a great job "flattening the curve" by locking down the state early. It is something to celebrate, not criticize!

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Washingtonian here. The reason it treated zero patients is because the Washington governor did a great job "flattening the curve" by locking down the state early. It is something to celebrate, not criticize!

Fellow Washingtonian here.

It certainly can be criticized. No, he didn’t do “an amazing job” and this is entirely missing the point.

But perhaps you’re brainwashed by the msm. You say “he did great and saved lives and responded so well we didn’t even need this field hospital - well done!” And I say “we never needed it in the first place” which carries real implications...

To each their own though.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Unlike the federal government they took action to protect its citizens and since the flattened the curve it’s not needed.

The Federal Government doesn't have the legal authority to to anything. It's the State Governments that do.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Here’s a morning dose of fear mongering for those of you who like to think in absolutes all the time :

KEY POINTS
The United States surpassed Italy on Saturday as the country with the most coronavirus deaths in the world, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
At least 20,071 people have died from the virus in the U.S. Italy has suffered 19,468 fatalities.

So while you gasp in horror... never mind that the US is more than 4x the size of Italy by population count... as a % if our population we’re far far better off (in current state) than Italy...

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm glad that Washington did not end up like New York

It would appear that Social distancing has been working on the west coast.

I live on the west coast and where I live most people seem to be complying with the social distancing guidelines.

I sincerely appreciate the views of people on this site however with regard to covid19, I'm glad that the Governors of California, Washington and Oregon have acted decisively to slow the spread of Covid19

Good luck to you all

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Humans can be most docile, and of course with fear and terror being promoted 24/7 on all government pronouncements, docility is very prevalent. We are, after all, herd animals.

They locked down all of Boston under the pretense of an armed with a pistol 19 year old being the threat, and not living there I assume most residents complied.

The docile characteristics of a conditioned society cannot be minimized.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Word on the street is that Inslee is going to extend the lock down through May in WA... anyone heard that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join