It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality of Snitching

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

This is why tats are not good...lol No where to hide with all that crap on you...
edit on 10-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
And so it begins 1984

WTF are you saying? 2 + 2 has always equaled 5....

edit on 10-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So basically nothing is changing ?
Snitching so the real question is what would it take to get you to snitch ?
Nebier is drunk and loud ? his dog is constantly doing his do do in your yard ?
The kids across the way look like they have not had a bath in a month ?
Come on now snitching at some point every one would . So for you it may be as little as dog poo for someone else it may take a knock down drag out fight .
You know there can be a point . I PUT my self in jail over child support because my son was getting more and more violent with his wife and kids . If it makes a difference he was not going to goto jail but i sure did MY goal was to get him to STOP roughing his wife around . So tell me how much of a snitch that is .
O btw it did work alest some he did slow down on his abuse .
So someone across the street gets tested and they are postive Then you see them walking around not even waringa mask do a iggy them ( thinking as long as I dont get sick i dont care . Or do you report them and in doing so theya re forced to STAY indoors and just may reduce the number of people who contract it from that person ?
Tell me because i live with a guy who sure dont give a crap and chances are he gets it he will just keep on working and going to do teh stuff he wants . So should I iggy if he does get sick and spreads it to others so Im not a snitch of r report it ?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Quite a while back I dated a woman who had just started a career as a teacher. I could never pick her up at her place. I had to meet her, usually out of town. I couldn't stay at her place and since my Mother lived with me, we'd go to a hotel for the weekend.
The whole reason behind this is that the small town I live in had a group of literally "little old ladies" who would show up at the tenure hearings they used to have. Young female teachers shal't not mess around if they want tenure.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You know, I've been reading a couple of the local news stations' Fakebook posts here and there, and I have to hand it to snitches.

They're making it damn easy to find out who's who and who lives where. "Obvious fake name to argue with is obvious, you should only be allowed to use your real name so everyone knows who rule buckers are!" "Well I own my house and pay property taxes, I'll tattle on whoever I want!"
< snort >
If pushback against snitching gets big enough, you just doxxed yourselves on public-facing SM, you dunces. Property records are public, it wouldn't take angry neighbors much effort to figure out who's who.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think that constant complainers (kvetching) is the 'core' behavior of Snitchers... bitching & moaning is focused with the snitch on an intentional victim... ergo Snitching is a Hate Crime no matter your rationalizations
edit on th30158654275010192020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

I'm all for it, let's turn the United States into one giant HOA.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: DISRAELI

It’s a curiosity for sure, but what’s motivation to go from observing an unfavorable behavior and telling you family about it, to picking up the phone and calling the cops to come arrest your neighbors?

Oooo-ooo....maybe they can make 'social closeness' a felony! That'll motivate all the extreme partisans to report each other so the *bad party's supporters* can't vote.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

I don't know why people are confused by this. We have plenty of these types posting in here these days. They're busy moralizing about how if we don't comply with every little rule and do it instantly and without complaint, then it means we want thousands of people to die and that makes us horrible and heartless.

Yup! And it doesn't faze 'em if you point out flaws in the logic, or people that will fall thru the cracks and be harmed, or even alternatives to achieve the same end result... nope. We just want people to die. (Apparently we're on a suicide mission as well since we aren't exempt!)

They likely never approved of their neighbors to begin with and now they're scared in the bargain.

I've been thinking the same thing. At best, they were neutral before, and this just gave them an excuse to find something to hold against them. If we have any here, they're probably going apoplectic! Everyone is out and about and doing things. My neighbor brought me some veggies from her garden the other day, I've given iris bulbs to a couple neighbors. (Social distancing never even entered my mind -- GASP!) People stop and chat with me pretty much every time I'm outside doing something. They wouldn't know who to report first! Maybe we should see who puts up a "for sale" sign... tee hee hee!

I saw a comment on another forum that plenty of them are scared enough and dull enough that if it were announced somewhere tomorrow that they all had to load themselves up onto train cars for Plague Cleansing Centers where they'd be safe and cleared of infection, they'd all go do it and sneer at those rest of us for staying behind to die.

It would be cruel, but if someone did just that -- and told them they were there for a more sinister purpose once they got there -- it would probably be a powerful lesson.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Oooo-ooo....maybe they can make 'social closeness' a felony! That'll motivate all the extreme partisans to report each other so the *bad party's supporters* can't vote.

So you get within less than 6 feet of me I shoot you...I just stopped a felony in progress.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Our yard is the current social hub for about three other families' kids and our own. For some reason, likely central location, those parents let their kids come through our yard and no further, so they all play in our yard.

So much for social distancing. If even one family gets it, we're all getting it.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Misunderstanding, then. The reference to "having a stroke" made me think you were picturing an older person. I thought "pearls" implied comparative wealth, but maybe that asumption is out of date.

Ahhhh... fair enough! It did occur to me after replying to you though that "pearl clutchers" could be taken as sexist against women since men don't wear pearls... "curtain twitchers" is neutral though so I included everyone!

No, I suspect the censorious instinct is close to being universal, even if it is mostly at the "grunbling privately at home" level. I think my own neighbour does that a lot, but it takes a real push to shift him from verbal threats to action.

You may be right. I may be just too full of myself to notice what others are doing unless it's right under my nose

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm all for it, let's turn the United States into one giant HOA.

Great analogy. We already are paying dues.

Watch out for the social distancing committee

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
No thanks. Was taught early not to be a tattle tale, it has stuck with me through life.

Now, there are circumstances where it is ok to me, an active kidnapping, or rape for instance.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you're the "Koolaid Mom" where all the kids congregate!

I was telling my husband just last night, when we noticed yellow tape all the way around the park up the street, that if we still had kids, they'd all be over here playing -- just like every summer.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Same thing here in Canada. The government is promoting snitching behavior. People who once embraced individuality, are now full snichters mode, somewhat for the good of everyone. The amount of stupidity from this "crisis" points toward infinity...
edit on 4 10 2020 by IgnorantGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
No thanks. Was taught early not to be a tattle tale, it has stuck with me through life.

Now, there are circumstances where it is ok to me, an active kidnapping, or rape for instance.

I'm tattling on every politician I see not adhering to orders everyone else is expected to adhere to!

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Snitches get stitches, period. I have no respect for someone who can't mind their own business and keep their yap shut.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
This is why tats are not good...lol No where to hide with all that crap on you...

Hiding is sort of cowardly behavior, so maybe most of us have no plans of hiding.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: vonclod

I'm tattling on every politician I see not adhering to orders everyone else is expected to adhere to!

Yes, I get the hypocrisy, they are pretty good, here in B.C., I mean as far as following their guidelines surrounding this sh@tstorm.

In general, if I want to say something, I would just call the person out on it.. if I really felt I had to. I mind my own generally.
edit on 10-4-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join