It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end is nigh....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Anathros

I try to stay in Elk shape or my version of it. I love to hunt and I mean love it. That said, I've never gone out west to hunt. My dream is to head out west and tag an elk. I try to stay physically fit enough just incase something miraculous happens and I get that opportunity.

I live in Montana and have about 60 or so elk that spend the spring and fall on my property.

The last bull elk I harvested was shot behind my woodshed... range was about 20 feet.

We picked it up with the forklift, gutted it and let it hang until we were ready to butcher it.

Remind me this fall about your fantasy.

Although I don't think you would need to be in any kind of physical shape to do that.

How unsporting of you.

Did you have a glass of wine in one hand and a plate of cheese on the table behind you.....

Those elk trusted you......and you betrayed them.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You're awesome but I want to live the whole "fair chase" experience. That said, my old boss made us some backstrap elk steaks years ago that I swear was better than any beef steak I've ever had. You're a lucky lady to have access to such quality game meats.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

I try to stay in Elk shape or my version of it. I love to hunt and I mean love it. That said, I've never gone out west to hunt. My dream is to head out west and tag an elk. I try to stay physically fit enough just incase something miraculous happens and I get that opportunity.

I live in Montana and have about 60 or so elk that spend the spring and fall on my property.

The last bull elk I harvested was shot behind my woodshed... range was about 20 feet.

We picked it up with the forklift, gutted it and let it hang until we were ready to butcher it.

Although I don't think you would need to be in any kind of physical shape to do that.

How unsporting of you.

Did you have a glass of wine in one hand and a plate of cheese on the table behind you.....

pphhttt...

I have been at war with those bastards since the moment I started my orchard.

I don't hunt for sport... I hunt for meat.

And a warning to the others that my garden isn't a battleground for competition for resources.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

How unsporting of you.

pphhttt...

I have been at war with those bastards since the moment I started my orchard.

I don't hunt for sport... I hunt for meat.

And a warning to the others that my garden isn't a battleground for competition for resources.

I understand and I'm thankful for the reply...

I just figured your response would have been more about what that cheese platter contained....I love me some quality cheese(not much a a wine guy, but cheese goes good with whisky(anything really)).

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Why would you be running with a hundred pound pack? Are you trying to break an ankle?

If you can't ruck 20 miles and setup camp before nightfall, you're doing it wrong. Especially when you have to do it every day, with little to no food.

Your pack shouldn't weigh more than you can lift comfortably with one arm... unless you're in a severe weather environment.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
a reply to: Lumenari

You're awesome but I want to live the whole "fair chase" experience. That said, my old boss made us some backstrap elk steaks years ago that I swear was better than any beef steak I've ever had. You're a lucky lady to have access to such quality game meats.

You can't "fairly" chase an elk.

Trust me... they run a lot faster than you can.

If you wanted fair you would try to kill one with a pointy object while driving something about 1,000 pounds to make it even.

Besides... what do "normal" hunters do?

Wear fake camouflage covered in fake cow piss calling in a bull with a fake call...

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rounda
Why would you be running with a hundred pound pack? Are you trying to break an ankle?

If you can't ruck 20 miles and setup camp before nightfall, you're doing it wrong. Especially when you have to do it every day, with little to no food.

Your pack shouldn't weigh more than you can lift comfortably with one arm... unless you're in a severe weather environment.

Granted, it's the end of the world, but I still like to take some memorabilia with me.

That accounts for a few pounds. Plus my weapons loadout is excessive, I'm one of those people that can validate the need for way more than what I need.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If this is the end, I mean...what are you getting ready for?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Don't go fake pissing on my dreams, lol!
edit on 10-4-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   

a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

I closed the gates on my property on March 17th.

Haven't been out since and really have no desire to... I'm in gardening mode.

Have my own water and septic, make my own electricity but don't really need that except for an internet connection.

Kill my own meat, grow my own veggies, make my own wine, have a huge orchard, raise chickens.

My current bills run about $400 a month, which means I'm set till around 2047.

I'm back to working on a book I've always wanted to write.

I will run out of tequila some time next spring but I've been playing around with recipes with my still.

The only regret I currently have is that I didn't start this part of my life a year ago.

Now there's a book I want to read hell I wish you would do a podcast.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
It’s RAPIER wit, unless you’re a very strange individual.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

This isn't the end. Just a preppers wet dream.

Hardly the scenario i would consider bugging out over.

If the bombs start dropping, that's another story.
When the reckoning comes with China who knows!

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Whew.. it will be content like this, while well intended, that get's ATS put on a list!!!

I have nothing here to hunt.. I'll have to skill up on foraging..

edit on 10-4-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

The end is nigh....

Or maybe "the end is A LIE"
#FilmYourHospital

edit on 4 10 2020 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Glad to see that some of the us contingent have skipped past the five stages , denial , anger , tds etc

And have gone straight for good humoured acceptance instead .

Nobody needs a 100 pound pack , what they need is to continually adapt to survive , and endure until the end . Believe it or not those pandemic planners whose considered advice were now following had it in mind
to save our lives , come what may . Not to rescue corporate powers . There will be no 'as before' , time never reverses . The further contingencies envisaged and now more likely go way beyond what we've seen so far and enactments before time (eg food security laws) are in operation already .

They'll be looking now , at the potential scenarios for eg shutting down nuclear power , long term if needs be , reinforcing the electricity network , ensuring gas flow , keeping communication networks open and guaranteeing water supplies , as well as getting the knowledge of alternatives out . Eg Hemp for victory , it's not the end until it's over . If the stone age arrives again we've got tools already , they don't die of viruses , and the human race got here somehow past having none. There may be a few less of us but IT is an egalitarian ,. Survivors can spread out , and if it takes you , or I or nearly all of us , it was our time to go and rest in peace .

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Says the guy that spells it "patato".

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools
Had a teleconfrence with my Dr. yesterday when he told me we would have to contend with this for the next 2 years. He knows I am a prepper. But the degree of contention is yet to be realized.
My bugout is my home but I'm not going to lock myself in until when, or if the situation becomes hostile. A bug out in the public can be contended with but some thug wanting what I have is another mater. We are not at that point. Not by a long shot.

It's a beautiful sun shining day.

edit on 10-4-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I don't feel in any way that this viral event or response is the Big One that people trained for. Still, it is apparent to me that people who've trained and prepared are in a much better position. Unlike many of us, my situation is such that 'bugging out' is not an option, unless one chose to bug out in a boat.

My primary regrets at this stage are:
1) Our solar batteries are on their last legs, and we delayed too long in replacing them
2) I don't have nearly enough fasteners to carry me even through the end of the year
3) I never learned how to refine sugar cane, although I know how to make the traditional rollers to crush it.
4) All my fishing line is old and decrepit
5) My screwed up shoulder is screwed up again, and there is no help for it. Meant to have the surgery. Too late now.
ETA: 6) I meant to lay in at least three dozen bags of Portland cement. Again, too late now.
I think this whole situation has a long time before it is played out, and there will likely be several waves of Covid-19 and many governmental upheavals and many things in which we have to adapt and overcome. Many people will die, some of them that didn't need to, at least yet. The world will be permanently changed, imo, but this isn't nearly the Big One. Not even close.
edit on 10/4/20 by argentus because: Forgot the Portland

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
America 330 MILLION people most say 95 % have a months supply at this point .The other 5 % oo around 17 million have a week or two at best now both thous numbers are very large .
So lets say the system does totally brake down and store shelves stay empty for weeks on end .
you got a week or two tops before all hadys brakes louse . Its its all down hill from there . At first the Government is shooting them for you . But as MILLIONS and MILLIONS more start leaving the city even the Military is over wealmed .

Now you have 30 or 80 MILLION starving people . So tell me prepper just how many hollow points do you have ?
And how many guns > even the Military MIGHT of the planet wont even slow down that juggernaut and you really think what ? because your out in the country every one will just iggy you ?
because these people wile stupid are not quite That stupid they do know FOOD comes from the country .
there is NOT a hole deep enough for you to hid in .And even if tehre was a years supply ? your joking right ? you dont Kill off 7 billion people in a week or two .

Nope it really does come to the last stand it will be random chance of who lives as MOST will die . this is real life .
The best chances are in Alaska and Canada as far away from any town as possible if your in the states well figer your odds as 1 in 1.5 of dieing Matter of fact Thye want your guns and want your women and want your food NO zombie movie comes close to reality mad max a walk in the park .

The last time this happened ( the fall Of civilizations Rome Egypt Greece ) it took 400 to 500 YEARS till things even started to improve and then it was another plege that HELPED speed it along .

a years worth Hu well more like 300 years worth .

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

So........ the prepared are the bad guys? Maybe I misunderstood you. ;o)
edit on 10/4/20 by argentus because: spellin'

<< 1    3 >>

join