It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO prevents meteor from hitting earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is quite an awesome story which occured in november 2002 in turkey.
A meteor that entered into the atmosphere and that would possibly wreak havoc on earth was broken into pieces and rendered ineffective by a ufo before it hit.

Here is the link about this incident : www.siriusufo.org...

This is an amazing story
. It is astonishing that it is not more known. Your thoughts on this spectacular event ?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It could be, I couldn't get any of the videos to play so I can't really form an opinion though.

It would be nice to think someone ( or some thing) is watching over us.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
wow thats cool but the videos wouldn't work for me either

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
nope, none of the vid links on the site work. If this metior was so 'huge' before it was broken up by this UFO how come nobody saw it? Slightly sceptical atm until those vid links work

[edit on 12/3/05 by Creative_Seeker]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The website that hosts the pictures is a .org domain name. The video links from the photos are on a .net domain address that is not working.

The main web page (if you go to www.siriusufo.org...) has a broken graphic. Viewing the source code I found that there is an english page of UFO news, here:

English News

I tried several variations of the working domain address to locate the videos, but no luck.

-VW

[edit on 12-3-2005 by VisionWithin]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just found a site with the videos in both normal and slow speed
(Right click - save as).

Video normal speed
Video slow speed

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i dont see any ufo shooting or breaking up this meteor in anyway? Am i missing something? It just seems like a meteor breaking up as it enters the earth's atmosphere. Which is what happens to most meteors that enter the earth's atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
well i am actually from Turkey and i follow the media on a daily basis and even wacht ufo shows based in Turkey. However i can easily say that this was not a big issue in Turkey and i can even remeber if i had ever seen this on the Turkish Press. If it was something serious as said i am sure our press would have made it an even bigger issue.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Not sure about this one, looks like at a geniune video, but understanding basic physics I would assume that the broken fragments would reduce/increase velocity compared to the core of the "meteor", looking at the video all of the fragments move at exactly the same distance and velocity, I smell a fish......

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't know. Does anyone else see a beam of energy strike the object at the very beginning? Maybe I am seeing things but it looks like it gets shot a few time before it breaks up. The beam that comes out of the object is nearly horizontal with respect to the viewer.
Interesting!

[edit on 12-3-2005 by Sigma]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't see a beam at all.

Looks like a " Fire Ball" as the astronomers call any meteor that last more then a few seconds.

I have only seen one in my life, and it looked close to what the video showed. It was so bright you could see it during the day.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigma
I don't know. Does anyone else see a beam of energy strike the object at the very beginning? Maybe I am seeing things but it looks like it gets shot a few time before it breaks up. The beam that comes out of the object is nearly horizontal with respect to the viewer.
Interesting!

That "beam" just looks like a video glitch.(this vid has lots of them) Notice that the meteor has already begun breaking up.

This looks like a normal meteor breakup. Its a little larger in scale than what i've seen but nothing out of the ordinary. I think it made such a great display in the sky because the fragments' chemical composition was producing a reaction to the heat.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't know. Does anyone else see a beam of energy strike the object at the very beginning? [edit on 12-3-2005 by Sigma]

Yep, looks like the ufo is barely visible, but loop it and you can see what looks like a beam going as far as the meteor, and then is really breaks up.

Interesting....

Michael

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't see the beam either. How far into the clip does the beam occur?

I tried looping it and don't see anything.

I'll check it out again though.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Actually at the left and just below I see a white object that moves away from the meteor just before it breaks up.

I still don't see a beam though.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anubis you are probably right it being a video glitch. After watching it a few more times I could see that it was occuring in other places on the video.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Edit: sorry DP

I still find the pulsating object interesting though. However after watching it again and again there probably isn't any "beam" weapons being used here.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I still find the pulsating object interesting though.

Yes, the blinking object is very interesting and seems to behave intelligently, staying just on the edge of the meteor trail to avoid debris and dust.

[edit on 12/3/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The blinking object could just be the effect of the dust blocking and unblocking a glowing meteor fragment.

Great now I sound like Hynek explain marsh gas.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by bpletcj]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hm...can that blinking "ufos" be some special aircraft from the US or Turkey?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join