It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's got some "bread", man? Some serious "bread"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Yeah, I think it's a 1 lb loaf. Three cups of flour is about 1 lb. so that must be what it is, although I don't know for certain (didn't have the manual earlier). Bread came out super sonic though.

I found the manual on line a bit ago and it says 3-3/8 C of flour is max, so I guess I just lucked out with 3 cups. Definitely made a full loaf. Any larger and it would have exceeded the bread maker.

I'm really happy it came out so well.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Awesome thread, S&F. I love threads like this. No bitching about politics, just wonderful stories and that for making bread. I love bread. I’m looking to buy a bread making machine. This entire thread is making my mouth water.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You mentioned different types of flour.
Oat flour is great in oatmeal cookies - but as in most 'specialty' flours it's usually combined with regular flour.
About 1/2 half oat flour & half regular in oatmeal cookies. Up to 2/3 or 3/4 whole wheat for some heavy bread.

Never had a bread maker, but my favorite almost-every-year holiday bread is BACON Pepper Bread with 2/3 whole wheat flour.

Congrats and Bake Onwards!

ganjoa

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hey, I have one of those bread machine thingies, only mine's called an "oven." Anyhow. I ran out of store-bought bread a couple weeks ago because.... well, you know why. So, I've been dusting off some of my favorite bread recipes. The other night I dug out my knock-off recipe for Subway's footlong bread loafs and made them. They really are close to the real thing. The recipe makes 8 foot-long loaves, but I'd already eaten two of them before I took this picture:

Here's the recipe, fairly simple:

Ingredients:
2 packages of yeast (out of those 3-packs)
2 Tbls. of sugar
2 cups of sugar
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
6-7 cups of flour
1 Tbl. of salt
1 Tbl. of vital wheat gluten (which I never use because I don't have any. They turn out fine anyway without it. If you have some, use it.)

1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water. Let stand for 10 minutes (or so.)
2. Combine yeast mixture with oil, salt and two cups of flour. Mix well.
3. Gradually stir in 4 cups of flour and remaining warm water.
4. Knead for 10 minutes, adding additional flour as needed.
5. Place dough in lightly-greased bowl. Cover and let rise for one hour.
6. Punch down dough and divide into eight balls.
7. Roll each ball into loaf shape about 12 inches long.
8. Place loaves onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. (I just use a really good baking sheet that doesn't need the paper and is big enough for all eight loaves.)
9. Cover loaves and let rise for another hour.
10. In your pre-heated 350 degree oven, bake for about 25 minutes, or until tops of loaves are golden brown.
11. Let the bread cool to room temperature. (I never do this, either. I always eat one right away.)

As you can see from the picture, they turn out quite nice looking. And they taste great as well. How you shape the loaves determines how they turn out. I like wider loaves, so I shape them like this. You might like longer, rounder loaves like Subway shapes them. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind
Those look awesome!

Btw I read 8 foot long loaves as.. loaves that were 8 feet long lol.

I discovered I am out of sugar or or honey.
Ordering some.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind
loaves that were 8 feet long lol.

Yeah, I wish! Think of the submarine sandwich you could make with a loaf that long!
edit on 10-4-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added an after thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join