It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Prime Minister says quarantine is the new normal until Covid vaccine appears

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: putnam6
What bunch of bull excrement, the Spanish flu killed 100's of thousands we never found a vaccine and after 18 months it was gone. Way the hell overreaction to a virus with a 3-4 % mortality rate. They are already playing baseball in South Korea. Not downplaying this either but it isn't forever with or without a vaccine, people got to work and support their families damn sure the government isn't gonna do it.

Since your crazy rant as zero to do with my post content....what would you like me to do?

Maybe you should breathe, relax, have a tea, and take a nice walk.

LOL not excited at all LOL I'm more relaxed than I've been in years get plenty of exercise but can't stand tea, just because it's the opposite of your moribund, hand wringing personality it might seem extreme to a wall flower.

My rant is crazy LOL your rant is crazy it's never gonna be normal again. What kind of pussy leader says that and you agree. It's not lethal enough to warrant this reaction anywhere much less Canada. As for what you do I don't care, It sounds like you have it all figured out like some emo child woe is me BS. Just heard today that now ventilators might cause more damage than they help after 5 weeks of every governor pissing and moaning about needing ventilators. Point is you don't know Trudeau doesn't know nobody actually knows. Fauci was saying in January it would be no big deal, now we just got to see how it plays out and plan accordingly.

Remember this post when there is a packed arena for the Raptors and Leafs in the not too distant future. Hell, we likely become even more social and friendly because most normal people miss the interaction so much. Unless you are some emo introvert, that's hidden away for years anyway

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
So many stars given, for bringing to light a statement the PM never made....

Deny ignorance!!!

“Normality as it was before will not come back full-on until we get a vaccine for this… That will be a very long way off,”

And he is absolutely correct. The amount of physical contact in day to day society is going to fall off a cliff, and quite frankly, I doubt it is coming back, even after a vaccine is out.

The only way to police physical contact will be via a chip and/or your phone.

So - so far we have rumors of digital voting, cashless transactions and now suggestions of a forced vaccine if you want to buy and sell in society (any society)

Message received - loud & clear.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Wait until Trudeau begins to see how tax revenues for the country decline, due to fewer people shopping and working.

The alarm bells are already sounding off in some governor's offices here in America.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
That's not at all what he said. Stop spreading disinformation.

“There will likely be smaller outbreaks for a number of months after that. This will be the new normal until a vaccine is developed.”

NOwhere are quarantines mentioned in relation to a vaccine timeline.

a reply to: thebtheb

the article cautioned there may be multiple lockdowns in the coming months.,

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Ever seen the movie Legend ?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Not yet, no, the twins, right?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

My workplace is losing almost $1 million a day. It's the largest employer in the area and the #1 hospital in the state. Healthcare will crash if this continues.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb

Not yet, no, the twins, right?

Sorry didnt realize there whe so many Legend movies

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I thought you might have meant that. That I've seen!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I have one more week on quarantine, then I roll the dice. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. Simply put I won’t do this anymore.

I completely understand the sentiment, it's highly likely you will be perfectly fine even if you do catch LOL you probably already have fought it off and didn't even know it. I am seriously thinking I've got to do something myself, it will be totally new as my industry is completely toast right now. I'm looking forward to it though a reset a reinvent a new beginnings

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

If he is at all suggesting that we will live like THIS off and on for a year or more (the minimum time a viable vaccine will appear), he has got to be out of his ever-loving mind. This would be insane by ANY measure.

Have you got an alternative?

'One reason why there are particular concerns about the Wuhan Institute of Virology is that, in 2015, scientists in the United States and China revealed they had created a new virus by combining a coronavirus found in Chinese horseshoe bats with another that causes human-like severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in mice.

The study, published in the journal Nature Medicine, demonstrated that the coronavirus – a different strain to the one at the centre of the current outbreak, known as 2019-nCoV – was capable of infecting human airway cells.'
Two of the paper’s co-authors, Xing-Yi Ge and Zhengli-Li Shi, were based at the Wuhan Institute of Virology at the time.
I would hazard that the experiment was even more international, while there was great criticism that the man made interference should ever have occurred.
Something to think about then Eh? A virus was produced, while it's not so clear that a vaccine was produced, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but, wouldn't you like to know?

www.newsweekly.com.au...

BTW, just look at the date of the link.

edit on 9-4-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Viruses' power pales before the mighty power of erections... that's sort of a cornerstone of nature's law.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: seeker1963

Viruses' power pales before the mighty power of erections... that's sort of a cornerstone of nature's law.

In the UK we call that being a Dick!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The "new normal" is whatever you let someone tell you is "normal".
One thing this "pandemic" has shown me? We got a lot of fearful sheep in this world, and to few Americans, like D. Trump.
People being pulled and lead around by their "fear". Bunch of cowards.
I'm still trying to figure out why N.Y. City ain't beating the sh** out of their "mayor". What a leader that guy is.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
The "new normal" is whatever you let someone tell you is "normal".
One thing this "pandemic" has shown me? We got a lot of fearful sheep in this world, and to few Americans, like D. Trump.
People being pulled and lead around by their "fear". Bunch of cowards.
I'm still trying to figure out why N.Y. City ain't beating the sh** out of their "mayor". What a leader that guy is.

Brave words from a typewriter.
New York firefighters, police etc; were very brave on 9/11, yet people up on high, knew how dangerous to those services...and ordinary people as well, was for their long-time health their work was in the aftermath, nobody told the firefighters et al that, they told them the opposite, that it was safe.
Donald Trump? is that the guy that said for all to hear on TV, that this virus would disappear as if by magic...jeez, some people!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

From a speech today, Justin Trudeau announces that "quarantine is the new normal until a vaccine appears."

You've got the quote wrong. Go back and take a look. That's how fake news circulates.
Speaking of circulation, this pandemic is real, and about as bad as I figured. It's gonna get worse before it gets better, and sticking your head in the sand doesn't grant immunity.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It's got a 3-4 percent mortality rate, most of that with the elderly and immune-compromised and you are scared. I'm aware I got my 80-year-old Mom living with us. That said you take precautions and you move on. Even she thinks its overblown, of course, she grew up with the threat of polio, which was multitudes worse and they kept on living and society kept going.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

This is psychological warfare, which btw also have negative physical side effects also. Dont you see what they are doing ?

This is just an excuse to attack against humans, society, health, psyche....

Wake up...disobey!

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Thst is so depressing! I’ve had enough now. They just keep extending it. It’s a few weeks, a few months , it’s July, it’s September and now it’s the Twelfth of Never. Can’t buy half the food I need and who the # took all the TP? I’m also curious why he’s called up the Army reserves when they can only do humanitarian duties. Are we gonna be lining up by a truck on the road trying to get hand outs next? It looks bleak. I keep thinking I dreamt it, I put on the TV, the virus is still there.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

From a speech today, Justin Trudeau announces that "quarantine is the new normal until a vaccine appears."

You've got the quote wrong. Go back and take a look. That's how fake news circulates.
Speaking of circulation, this pandemic is real, and about as bad as I figured. It's gonna get worse before it gets better, and sticking your head in the sand doesn't grant immunity.

It’s close enough . Doesn’t matter if you call it quarantine, isolation or lockdown. We are stuck inside our homes!

Trudeau: This Is the ‘New Normal’ Until We Have a Coronavirus Vaccine

apple.news...
edit on 10-4-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join