It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On March 24th 2020....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
On march 24th 2020 Trump and is "team" said we should keep meetings to 10 or less.

On March 26th 2020 my employer called a meeting. All 3 shifts were mandated to be there at 9am.

Over 200 people.

They proceeded to lay us off...

I showed signs of covid 6 days later.

What is the next step here?

I mean Trump told them not to do it....

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have texts from my "Director" demanding I made sure %$#, &^^!, and %&/× attending the 200+ person meeting on March 26th....

Any lawyers here?

Lolz🤪

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem
I have texts from my "Director" demanding I made sure %$#, &^^!, and %&/× attending the 200+ person meeting on March 26th....

Any lawyers here?

Lolz🤪

Trump recommend small groups.
So no lawsuit.

Now if your state governor shut the state down then maybe,,,, but you'll have to have more damage than a flu you have recovered from.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Any lawyers here?

Lolz🤪

I am not a lawyer, but do know the law.
It is ultimately up to whatever judge hears the case.
Nobody knows what the judge is going to decide.
Keep the texts, back them up, do not lose them. AND put them in the cloud, google drive or something.
File the lawsuit...And hope for the best...They might settle out of court, and make you an offer to settle.
Either way, it is a good way to let them know you are not happy about the incident.
GOOD LUCK!

edit on 03 30 2020 by Centsay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Centsay

Any lawyers here?

Lolz🤪

I am not a lawyer, but do know the law.
It is ultimately up to whatever judge hears the case.
Nobody knows what the judge is going to decide.
Keep the texts, back them up, do not lose them. AND put them in the cloud, google drive or something.
File the lawsuit...And hope for the best...They might settle out of court, and make you an offer to settle.
Either way, it is a good way to let them know you are not happy about the incident.
GOOD LUCK!

Thank you! I will back up the emails, texts and the few pics that were taken now.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Personally, I wouldn't ask anyone on ATS for legal advice.

Talk to an actual lawyer, man. You may have a case, you may not. Just call a couple in your area and tell them what happened.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
On the upside, if you do indeed have the virus, you qualify for free healthcare.

For what it's worth anyway.

I hope that you don't however.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If I was on the jury I would find them negligent. Especially, since they were laying you off...bastards.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

"Should" means suggested guidelines, "Shall" means mandatory procedure. March 24th I don't believe the feds had gone beyond "should" meaning unless your state had an official edict in place restricting meetings to 10 or less, you're out of luck and your former employer broke no law. On top of that, you'd likely have to prove you contracted it from that meeting, which is likely a tough sell unless others caught it from the same meeting and you've had zero other potential avenues of exposure.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Scepticaldem

"Should" means suggested guidelines, "Shall" means mandatory procedure. March 24th I don't believe the feds had gone beyond "should" meaning unless your state had an official edict in place restricting meetings to 10 or less, you're out of luck and your former employer broke no law. On top of that, you'd likely have to prove you contracted it from that meeting, which is likely a tough sell unless others caught it from the same meeting and you've had zero other potential avenues of exposure.

Mental stress...Emotional distress...Virus or no virus.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Centsay

Aside from termination without cause, I'm not sure anybody is going to get as jury to award them money for mental stress following being laid off. It just doesn't work that way.

Honestly, I'm really hoping if anything good comes out of this it will be a serious tightening of the purse strings by both voters and juries. Enough frivolous lawsuits, enough approving bonds, enough spending. Time to live like our great grandparents did in the Great Depression, with immediate and knee jerk "Hell nos" when people ask to be given money for pretty much any reason.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Centsay

Aside from termination without cause, I'm not sure anybody is going to get as jury to award them money for mental stress following being laid off. It just doesn't work that way.

Honestly, I'm really hoping if anything good comes out of this it will be a serious tightening of the purse strings by both voters and juries. Enough frivolous lawsuits, enough approving bonds, enough spending. Time to live like our great grandparents did in the Great Depression, with immediate and knee jerk "Hell nos" when people ask to be given money for pretty much any reason.

I agree with all that...However, this employer abused his power by forcing an employee to attend a meeting by the use of intimidating profane language...
Cheers.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

On march 24th 2020 Trump and is "team" said we should keep meetings to 10 or less.

On March 26th 2020 my employer called a meeting. All 3 shifts were mandated to be there at 9am.

Over 200 people.

Lolz🤪

Did you actually test positive for Covid-19 ?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Over 200 people.

Lolz🤪

I called to try to get the test 15 times. Apparently they dont have enough here...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Over 200 people.

Lolz🤪

I called to try to get the test 15 times. Apparently they dont have enough here...

No test , No case Your best hope would be an anti-body test if your serious .

new topics

top topics

join