It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Goings On at My Sister's Place of Employment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My sister works at a retirement home for women that has been around since the 1800's. It's one of those big, gothic, red brick structures. She usually works the Graveyard Shift, of course considering some of her experiences that takes on a whole different context. Well, her first really paranormal experience happened several monthes ago when she went to use the ladies room downstairs. She saw out of the corner of her eyes a pair of shoes underneath one of the stalls. She looked into the stall to see no one was in there. Sometimes she would also hear rattlings down in the cellar like someone was moving around down there when she was the only person there. My father himself a devout skeptic saw hantom wheelchair treads made in freshly fallen snow on a ramp that leads to a back entrance in the early morning hours when no one is allowed outside. But none of these little incidences match what had happened at around 3 A.M. this morning. Around 3:20 A.M. my sisater was watching T.V. and she all of a sudden heard a disembodied male voice speaking in a language she could not discern. Mind you, this is a home for women, not men. I work the nightshift as well and around 3:30 A.M. my sister calls me in a little bit of a panic. She told me that the girl who usually does laundry in the basement where the phantom steps have been heard wasn't able to get to it so she left it for my sister to do. While she was doing laundry, my sister felt a cold spot and out of the corner of her eye she saw a white, wispy manifestation. She said it scared her so much that she was almost in tears and on the verge of quitting right then and there. I plan on buying a digital recorder and a Digital Camera and if I can, I would like to try and get EVP as well as a few pictures of the "Hot Spots" in the building, if her supervisors approve of my presence there.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
well id like to know how you get on with your investigation, sounds freaky,, givin me goosebumps. i have never seen a ghost or heard anything.. tho my mum has seen a couple in the basement of a litle victorian girl.. and my sister swears blind someone touched her butt down there! lol

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Nice post.

Sounds freaky, good luck in your search. Be careful though.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nursing homes naturally have a lot of deaths so it makes sense that it is an energy spot. Whether any evidence is captured will be fascinating to hear about so keep us informed.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If permitted, I will most definately figure out some way to post any EVP and pictures I capture. I believe alot of the apparitions might be former slaves from the Civil War as well as former residents. Back during the Civil War the owners harbored escaped slaves in the basement. Also in the basement is a wheelchair that dates back to the 1800's as well which might account for the ghost leaving mystery tire treads on the ramp on the fresh snow my dad saw.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i like that point about the wheelchair! id be on that examining those tyres? easy enough to tell if its been out in the snow
unless aparitions leave tyre tracks..

i wish i could help u out there

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If I can do a little snooping, I will definately snap a picture of the wheelchair to see if I get anything. The weird thing about the tire treads my dad saw was that it had recently snowed that morning so there was just no way anyone could have made them. It's still very cold and the residents being in their 90's and even 100's are not permitted outdoors, especially not after a fresh snowfall.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
id probably also at some stage chain the wheelchair up so u know it cant go anywhere?
dam spook get outa that one! lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Considering the layout of the place and how bulky the wheelchair is according to my sister, there's no way she could have easily dragged it up from the cellar. Besides, no one likes going down there alone too because of the vibes. When I went there to meet up with my sister after work so we could both take a taxi, I was drawn towards the North Wall staircase as well. I might take a few pictures of that as well.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
One thing to bear in mind is that Nursing homes and any health care facility is bound by the HIPPA federal egulations. SO I would advise against "snooping" around and taking pictures unless you are looking to get tossed. The residents of the facility have a right to privacy as well

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
no risk no gain... one can only ask? if all else fails, snoop away
isnt like the lady plans to interogate or nose around the residents..?

[edit on 113131p://310311 by info_junkee]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
One thing to bear in mind is that Nursing homes and any health care facility is bound by the HIPPA federal egulations. SO I would advise against "snooping" around and taking pictures unless you are looking to get tossed. The residents of the facility have a right to privacy as well

Well, most of my snooping as it were will be spots where no resident should be at 2 A.M. (Did I forget to mention my sister works the Graveyard Shift?) or any other time durting the day and evening as well because of the risk of injury, especially the cellar. It's not like I'm going to be barging into people's rooms you know. I will also just get ambient recordings without any vocals whatsopever from myself. I don't want a commentary drowning out any EVP I might record. And this isn't an institutional nursing home per se. It's more like an assisted living house that was built in the 1800's.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Reptilian_Queen]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
the older the building the more reports of haunting, and nursing homes are famous for their paranormal events. I'd say you could strike gold, assuming paranormal activity can be reliably captured using normal methods.

I haven't seen a lot of evidence that was convincing, I tend to think science is at a loss to describe some of the things it sees. It's like trying to use a slide rule to measure love...

Best of luck in your hunt though, and take FredT's advice. Be careful not to get your sister fired. LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yeah, you are planning to buy that digital camera to film those entities who are much smarter than you. Believe me, it's a waste of money. They will not let you to take those pictures, and they will stop you at all costs. Do you understand?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I doubt anything bad would happen, I mean if ghosts, spirits, whatever, didnt want to have photos taken of them I think that alot of the people who went out to take photos and actually got something wouldnt have their work on the net. Just doesnt seem plausible that so many photos get taken (fake or not) and you dont hear of ghosts attacking them. Iv never heard of it anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Don't use adigital camera, get yourself a film camera and some 100 speed or higher film, you will get much betetr results. I don't want to get into a lengthy explination here but suffice it to say that silver hallide crystals in a film emulsion are actually exposed to various electromagnetic fields and creat a residual image, while digital technology is only a representation of frequencies within the visible rane of the spectrum.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
Yeah, you are planning to buy that digital camera to film those entities who are much smarter than you. Believe me, it's a waste of money. They will not let you to take those pictures, and they will stop you at all costs. Do you understand?

Shut up Vertu. You are a fraud and a charlatan. Be gone with ye!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Dont worry about the residents rights, most of them will be spaced out just get that Camera wirring, The truth is at that time of night your Brain plays games with you hear noises & see things that are just not there When i worked for a funeral parlour attending to emergencies-Corpses at 1a.m we would stop for coffee whan things are quite you here voices, noise's (Fridges etc) some times banging on interior doors we always put it down to Souls & Spirits trying to escape the place in the end we used to leave an out-side door open and a lot of noises ceased. I remember one night we had a new employee it was 2a.m he heard noises before we could tell him dont panic he said FKUC took off and did not see him for a week he never returned. The worst part is when a corpse is laying there its all quite the corspe farts letting of gases scary stuff and unexpected and the smell. Whew.....So dont worry every things just fine.......

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well, it's not just the nightshift that has had experiences. How can the imagination make phantom tire treads on a ramp in the middle of winter after a fresh snowfall?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhhhh, they're just old ghosties. Must be an ice home though. Your sis is lucky to work there if you ask me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join