It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who should Joe Biden pick as his Vice Presidential running mate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't see why the feminists wouldn't be OK with it.

oh
and all this time I thought it was about EQUAL opportunities.....
my bad
thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Joe Biden is the prospective Democratic nominee, now that Bernie Sanders is out. My question to you ATS, is who should Biden choose as his running mate? He's pretty much said that he will pick a woman, probably a minority.

Personally, I want to see Trump defeated in November. Some people like me think he should choose Kamala Harris. I don't. I don't think she has the public profile or cred to boost the Biden ticket. I like Elizabeth Warren, and some of Bernie's people might vote for that ticket. But, I think Warren would better serve her constituents by staying in Congress, or perhaps taking Betsy DeVos' seat as Secretary of Education, should he win.

A lot of people think he should choose Stacey Abrams. I think a lot of minorities would vote for that ticket, but I think Stacey Abrams is a little too controversial, too much of an under dog. I think Biden needs a Democrat conservative as his running mate, a person who can relate to minorities and the disenfranchised, but who is also politically savvy. That's why I think Biden should pick Susan Rice.

Now, my question to you, ATS, is who do you think Biden should choose as his running mate? You might choose someone who doesn't fit Biden's minority female profile. You may choose someone who you think would be good for America, regardless of your feelings for Biden, or you might pick someone that you think is good for Trump's reelection. So, in your response, let us know if you're choosing a person that you think would be good for Biden/America, should Biden win , or good for Trump's reelection. Remember tho, whoever you pick, that ticket just might win and surprise everyone, just like Trump did in 2016. So keep that in mind when you choose a running mate for Biden, that would benefit Trump, because that ticket that just might win.

What if he decides to go male.... Love how 90% of the VP pick reason is their gender...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: shooterbrody

He probably has bindings full of women. Yes, you read that right.

lol
thanks for that

(post by IAMTAT removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Condoleezza Rice.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: rickymouse
I would have no issue had he said "insert name of woman" is the best qualified in his opinion....
but to outright say it will be a woman prior to any process seems a bit sexist to me.....

if he can't navigate that minefield.....how the hell will he conduct any relations with the congress or any foreign nation?

Yes, choosing only from a woman is a political deception, saying that only a woman is adequate. If he chooses Gabi she will smack him as soon as he tries sniffing her hair. Biden thinks he could control a woman VP but I have been married a long time, I have a good wife, but I cannot control her when she gets her mind set on something, I am afraid to even attempt it. We bought a new car, I learned from years of being married, it does matter what kind of car it is, as long as she likes the color of the blue it is.

(post by spiritualarchitect removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Xtrozero removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We are talking DNC here. For them your victim class checkmarks are every bit as relevant to qualify you for anything as any actual real world job experience you might have.

After all, your sexual orientation is at least as important to whether or not you can lead the free world as any actual executive experience you might have had in your past.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Does it really matter? In this day and age the VP is completely irrelevant.

And in this particular election the Presidential Candidate is also completely irrelevant. There are very few people who don't already know if they are voting for the R or the D to really make a difference in picking a particular D or R.

When your moto is "blue no matter who" that pretty much sums it up. You could put a turd in a blue paper bag and it would get as many votes as Biden will be getting.

I'm waiting for Montgomery Brewster to come along and give us a third choice.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Me! I`ll do it.

We can be like Jeff Dunham and Walter, though I`m not sticking my hand up there.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Xtrozero

We are talking DNC here. For them your victim class checkmarks are every bit as relevant to qualify you for anything as any actual real world job experience you might have.

After all, your sexual orientation is at least as important to whether or not you can lead the free world as any actual executive experience you might have had in your past.

I'm going with Sookiechacha pick of Kamala Harris since she is female and kind of brown... The fact that she was not good as a lawyer or Attorney General where even the NY Times slammed her in her failures really comes down to she is a woman and kind of brown....

edit on 9-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Disclaimer: There is no way on God's green Earth that I would vote for Joe Biden under ANY circumstances!

Now with that out of the way here is my opinion:

The DNC would be stupid to not capitalize on the popularity of Gov. Andrew Cuomo right now.
Personally I don't believe he would be good for the country but he would definitely toe the DNC party line so Democrats would probably turn out in droves on election day if he was running as Biden's VP.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It sounds to me like attorney general Barr is about to destroy the Democrats.

twitter.com...

You got to think... big picture.

edit on 4/9/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
When does the darling of the left, Michael Avenatti get out of prison? Maybe Creepy Uncle Joe can put in a good word and get him out early.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Joe Biden probably won’t be on the ticket by November. My prediction is someone out of left field. Perhaps Andrew Cuomo. Frankly the field is getting empty of viable candidates. I guess they could dredge up Hillary again or perhaps Oprah Winfrey.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Anyone with Clinton or Obama as a last name.....

Maybe a Bush???

In all seriousness. Attaching a black female for the sake of a black female is about as worthless as a poopy flavored lollipop.
Stacey Abrams is probably one of the dumbest people to be chosen. Her lack of understanding outside of identity based politics should in the real world leave her to maybe being a dog catcher.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
AHEM!...There's a reason Elizabeth Warren stayed in the race long enough to prevent Bernie from winning all those delegates on Super Tuesday.

Think, people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join