It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your personal God(dess)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This topic is a little community project to discover the diversity of religions and God's worshipped among ATS members. Considering the nature of this forum I figured the results could be quite interesting. We might even find fellow followers/friends and/or learn something from eachother.

Please follow the form below when you introduce Him/Her/Them. Also, please put the form as an eternal source quote as seen below, so it's easy to differentiate between the results and discussion/quotes.

No bashing of other's beliefs/religions, and thanks in advance for participating!

1. Who is/are your God('s)?

2. Describe your God('s).

3. Why did you decide to follow Him/Her/Them?

4. How do you honor Him/Her/Them?

5. What are the main teachings of Him/Her/Them?

6. (Optional) Personal notes.

I'll kick it off.

My main personal God is Odin (Óðinn, Wodan, etc.), but I call upon several God's of the Norse pantheon.

Odin is known as the All-Father. He is the God of Knowledge, Wisdom, Battle, War, the Afterlife, Healling Arts and the Rune script. According to legend he hung himself on the World Tree Yggdrasil for 9 days, pierced by his own spear, to obtain the Runes of knowledge. He also gave up one of his eyes and by this action became all-seeing/all-knowing.

He is accompanied by 2 raven (Huginn and Muninn) and 2 wolfs (Geri and Freki) and is always in some form among mankind, traveling and interacting. You might've seen or even spoke to him without knowing it!

Because of several reasons. My lineage and name are one. The fact that wolfs/dogs and ravens are among my most favorite animals. But, most importantly, because he is the God of knowledge and wisdom. Which is something that is highly important to me. Aswell as insight into the magical arts.

Every Wednesday night I do a ritual directed to Odin, with artifacts and some offers. I speak to him, praise him and ask for his wisdom and guidance, among others. There are also other rituals meant to be done at specific dates.

I toast to him regularly and in a lot of situations ask myself, 'How would Odin (re)act.' to try to live in his spirit. There are many ways to honor Odin. Even something as small as just mentioning his name.

Wisdom and courage! And ofcourse, Ragnarök, the end of the world's. This is a battle between order and chaos (Not good/evil). It tells a story of a cyclinal nature, which in itself is cleansing and will give rise to a new beginning. It's quite a story!

Hail Odin!

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Neffi-titi

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The grand and exalted NunYa

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My God is the one true almighty God, Jesus Christ, though I believe in all God(s)/religions. One doesn't exist without the other(s). Can't have good without evil or atheism without religion or light without dark or love without hate, etc..

My God is based in love/light & teaches the Golden rule to treat others the way you'd want to be treated.

I was Baptized into Jesus & I believe his teachings are necessary for a peaceful world to exist.

I honor Jesus with my prayers & actions towards others by treating others the way I'd like to be treated, through love.

To treat others the way you'd like to be treated & to turn the other cheek (peace) instead of vengeance (eye for an eye).

Society as we know it today would not exist without Jesus' teachings. Jesus inspired the ideals of liberty & individual rights in Rome, which led to the British Magna Carta, which led to the U.S. constitution. In a broader perspective, libraries, academies & modern universities wouldn't exist today without religion (monasteries), which founded them.
edit on 9-4-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Asgaard
I would have to answer thiese questions by offering threads (the answers are too long for short posts).

Questions 1 & 2
One way of defining the Christian God

Question 3
How an atheist became a Christian

Questions 4 & 5
Ten years of Bible threads

edit on 9-4-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This pretty much sums it up.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Seriously? No Buddhists or Hindus or wiccans?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The goddess I go through is the collective consciousness of the earth. Some call it Gaia, but I know it as sanAya. That actually means in communication with god. There are other names for this entity in history too, basically it is the local consciousness of god, through that link you can get to god.

I do not know god's name, I think part of it has the sound Yah. The angels are actually others, pronounced sort of like authors, they are the ones who control this reality, the authors of it.

So, my beliefs do not match the norm....it does not go against the norm either. Sanaya would be the holy spirit, a part of god, or the holy mother. Matches right into Christianity, fits into many religions. And also, it can be pronounced Son-A(0f)-Ya. The spirit that filled Jesus to the brim in the wilderness.

Oh well, I never said I was normal.....but think of this, is the reality we perceive even real?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Mother Nature.

You can see her all around, feel her every day, be one with her, nurture her, be nurtured, be inspired and she can be SO powerful in so many ways.

Never piss her off though.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Mother Nature.

You can see her all around, feel her every day, be one with her, nurture her, be nurtured, be inspired and she can be SO powerful in so many ways.

Never piss her off though.

I learned what pissing mother nature off results in years ago. Thank god she forgives you when you straighten up....but she lets you suffer for a few years first. She can lead you to prosperity or make your life hell. Respect mother nature and she will teach you what you need to know.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

My God is Jehovah God/Jesus/Holy Spirit - 3 in one, all separate identities.

My God is the Father of the Jewish people and he has opened his being to every single human on the planet. He made me (and all) for personal companionship, to rule with Him.

He loved me when no one else did, he has rescued me from evil, danger and answered so many prayers that there is no doubt that he exists. He is love and through him I am learning of my role as a daughter of Father God. I am his family.

I honor Him by learning more about Him and always keeping Jesus at the forefront of every action I do. If I fail I know I am forgiven and I repent. He is my best friend, my guide and my Savior. He lives in me and my future after this earth is something I could never dream of in this human state.

To accept Jesus as one's Saviour in order to bridge the gap between ourselves and Father God. To go out and heal the sick, spread the word, cast out demons - to live in my authority as provided by Jesus. Jesus is my example - love one another as He loved us.

I live in peace now as Jesus has proven the answers to all the trauma in my life (I have had many). I am not worried about Covid - I feel we are living in a moment of the end times. We are living a moment of history. So I pray for all, we are to pray for our enemies. I pray over all: hardened hearts, murderous and lost hearts, successful people. A personal relationship with Jesus is the answer to everything. Jesus is absolute love. People think God is hateful, brings disease and bad times, is angry. No, God is calling for us all to come to Him so that we may live life joyfully and abundantly. Satan is prowling the world preying on all, especially the lost. We must pray over them for protection. Pray over yourself continually so that you can allow Father God to act on your behalf, otherwise He will not apply His will on anything. Time is running short - I hope all find Jesus and learn how much He loves each and ever human on this planet.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
1 and 2. Gaia. God can be anything for he is a timeless infinite being. Instead of giving him human form. Earth provides everything for life. With the Earth there's also Sol and Luna. Without them. We wouldn't be here.

3. I dont worship them. I dont ask, pled or make deals. The Earth, Sun and Moon will do what they do regardless of me. Its beautiful simplicity.

4. The Earth has saved me more times then I can count. Nothing huge. Just little things that can be seen as coincidence like anything else of this topic. I horonor them by living. Our planet has something way better planned for life on this planet. If it involves us cool. If not. Even cooler. New life would be cool. We have had way more time and done nothing with it. Yes... nothing. We've bettered OUR lives.... that's nothing.

5. We are animals. We think we are better then them. We are not. Not by a long shot. Somewhere down the line a long time ago we lost sight. We became selfish narcissistic creatures that destroy and devour everything without thought or care. I just try to be animal. Nothing more.

6. This is my imagination and creativity. I feel it's better to believe what you want regardless how it makes others feel. I dont talk or speak for the Earth nor would I ever. There are no teachings. No gospels or prophets. No one need to conjugate or pray. Just treat all forms of life as though they are yourself.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

1. There's only one God.

2. Creator

3. There's only one God

4. By not acting like a fool

5. Love
edit on 10-4-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It's so cool how much diversity there is in this forum.
edit on 10-4-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That's what they call sanity.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
No belief in a personal god
Everything is one. Seperation an illussion.
Personal experience in deep meditation supports the theology.
Meditating love and compassion to all sentinent beings.
End personal suffering through greater understanding of human nature and ultimate reality.
Buddhism

top topics

join