It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok go ahead and say the quarantine worked .

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
I live in Korea and work on an Army base. The Army is giving Article 15s to soldiers who break the social distancing rules or eat at a restaurant for example, contractors get banned from the base for two years.

The base has everyone working from home and limiting PX and Commissary access. They track the COVID numbers daily and as cases are disappearing due to the Korean government and USFK aggressive measures, things are slowly starting to open again.

Korea and the USFK are a COVID success story. They are not a part of some conspiracy theory. We just look at the USA and the naysayers in disbelief. It is so much safer over here, people dont want to to back to the USA because some nuts are not taking it seriously.

Your confined to a base that is assuming you live on base and are a soldier , in a foreign country unable to move or even consider not following orders.

You may not realize it but you have blinders on because of the situation your in. You have no choice but to just go along with the show over in Korea , you are completely at the mercy of the military essentialy deaf , dumb and blind. Deaf because you dont speak the language, dumb meaning ignorant to anything that is happening at home , and Blind becasue everything you see is controlled by the US military.

Here in the USA , its supposed to be chaos hospitals overflowing people diying everywhere etc etc etc.
But it couldn't be further from the truth, Hospitals are empty, People are laied off from work sitting at home waiting for this to enter appocolypse mode , but it never did and now the Media is in a sort state of shock from the looks of it because they realize that they induced a economic and social meltdown for literally no reason at all.

People keep saying what if we did nothing, it could have been bad.? What do you mean we basically did do nothing, We weren't quarentined no one stayed at home , we just went around doing what ever we wanted. They just would not let us go to work for what ever reason its ludachris.

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I'm a civilian contractor and live off base. My wife is Korean, I don't live the military lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I'm a civilian contractor and live off base. My wife is Korean, I don't live the military lifestyle.

None the less my point stands , you live in a Foreign US Government bubble .

I did 8 years in the Army, I was never stationed in Korea but I new people there and I know the Lifestyle of Contractors.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Thejaybird

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Thejaybird

I would have thought by definition your behaviour in the supermarket in aiding the spread of the virus to be asinine at the very least and yes it is correct that is why we need regulation because of people like you.
Freedom comes at a cost and that cost is responsibility. Since you have demonstrated lack in the second our first has been curtailed and may in future be curtailed further.

and thats the truth again.

BullS@#$.

Did I cough on anybody? Did I come into contact in a negative way with anybody else? Did I "infect" my shopping cart?

The answer to all of those questions is "no". Why? I'm not infected with the coronavirus. My goodness, I have been a Middle School teacher for twenty-five years...my immune system is bullet proof. I am not a "suspected" carrier of the virus. I have the right to move freely, unmolested, throughout this country, according to the Constitution.

If you choose to stay at home and not risk yourself or your family to the coronavirus, bravo. I support that fully.

I do not, however, support the restrictions that are placed on the rest of us who are healthy. Not at all. Might I get the coronavirus? Maybe. But, I should be allowed to take that risk on my own behalf. And, please stop with the "you'll infect everyone else!!!" nonsense. That's not how viruses work.

And you need to calm down my friend .

Nope. I'm not agitated. I just do not like the fact that I am watching SO many people behave out of fear. Rationality has gone out the window.

If anything, more people need to get riled up.

posted on Apr, 19 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We went out three days over the last two weeks, shopping and bringing chicken soup to the daughter.

But your in the UP and thats pretty normal for the winter there!! I'm nearly to Indiana and barely any snow this year.

Take care!!

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join