It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok go ahead and say the quarantine worked .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: AnonyMason

Last week Dr. Fauci said social distancing should be a permanent change for society.

Today he said none of us should ever again shake hands with someone else.

Psychiatrists have a word for extreme beliefs like that, but I can't think of it now.

We should ignore the social nature of our being out of fear? I do not plan on dehumanizing myself out of fear.

Our body creates a chemical response that is good for our wellbeing when we have physical contact with others.

The psychological impact of living in fear of one other would be a much greater risk to our humanity than a virus and death. I will not give up my humanity out of fear. This world would not be a place worth living in if we follow his recommendations.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
No one seems to give a sh!t here in South Florida (Broward County) and unsurprisingly, there’s been a 6.4% increase in cases over the last 24 hours in South Florida and a 10% increase of hospitalizations since Tuesday, statewide.

I prefer staying home under normal conditions, so all the more reason for me to do so now. I’m still coming to work every day and regularly getting exposed to 10-30 people a day who don’t take this seriously. It’s certainly raised my stress level as my wife doesn’t have the same immune system I do. She’ll get sick when any cold or flu comes around while I’ve been sick maybe 3x in my life, with all 3 times being caused by food poisoning. She’s been working from home and takes every precaution she can when she does have to run to the office for something or goes to the grocery store.

I find it quite abhorrent that people are proud of going out and potentially infecting others. Especially since the overwhelming majority of these people seem to be from the pro-life crowd. Then again, we already established a few weeks ago when they decided it was totally cool to sacrifice the elderly for the sake of the economy that pro-life only extends to embryos and fetuses, as if the people they’ll infect have a choice in the matter.
edit on 9-4-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
No one seems to give a sh!t here in South Florida (Broward County) ...

I find it quite abhorrent that people are proud of going out and potentially infecting others. Especially since the overwhelming majority of these people seem to be from the pro-life crowd.

Isn't Broward a heavily Democrat area?

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hasn't worked here we are averaging 400 new cases a day .

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Drucifer
No one seems to give a sh!t here in South Florida (Broward County) ...

I find it quite abhorrent that people are proud of going out and potentially infecting others. Especially since the overwhelming majority of these people seem to be from the pro-life crowd.

Isn't Broward a heavily Democrat area?

Yep, but I was referring to the posters on this forum who are bragging about going about their daily lives as if nothing is happening right now. As for the people in Broward, I couldn’t tell you if they’re proud to be doing so because I don’t talk to them. I get my sh!t and GTFO as fast as I can.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's unfortunate this virus kills the weak.
It's fortunate that it also kills the stupid. One of my favorite parts about this virus. Natural selection is back on. Anyone dumb enough to get enough exposure probability deserves the results.

Just sayin...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yeah my dad might die from this "hoax"
He is a method actor I guess.

But yeah, if someones little bumble F town didnt get it yet then its all a lie.

Have a good one.

edit on 9-4-2020 by HelloboysImbackguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

And where is here ? I'm assuming New-york.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Well it appears to squashing the curve in Aotearoa/New Zealand. We have gone from 70ish confirmed cases per day to just 29 confirmed and 4 suspected in just 4 days. Cant give the exact figures cos cant see ministry of health website right now, but it looks like our quarantine is starting to work after just 2 weeks. Only one death so far.

Of course. You have a lot less selfish people going to the store every day unnecessarily, putting other people at risk, then bragging about it here.

2020 is unbelievable.

Its got nothing to do with people being selfish, it's got eveything to with the culture of the USA .

People in this country were never going to adhere to a quarentine , the Government new that from the word go. Which begs the question why even try it in the first place, Plausible deniability I suppose.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

In the end we all are going to be faced with exposure to the virus and it won't discriminate. The distancing aspects is to try to minimize the strain on hospitals.

But tired of all the 'freedom' people. This ain't big brother trying to hold the man down.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: visitedbythem

Well they have nuked the economy, When you think about it they could have just given everybody holiday pay for three months, and told everyone to stay at home.

That is what happens when groups of people called the CDC, WHO, Dems and Republicans and the White house get a hold of something that should have been simple and turn it inside out, nearly tanking the economy while there at it.

The emphasis being that dumb groups of people made these decisions , this should have been handled by level headed medical professionals not politicians or Government organizations .

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In my area, most people seem to be complying with the quarantine in place.

Traffic on the main road that is about a mile away from my house is significantly less than it used to be.

The few times that we've gone into town to shop for groceries there was far less traffic than normal. Very few people at the grocery store.

In my area, although the covid19 cases are still increasing, they are increasing slowly.

I think that the shelter in place is working where most people comply.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

I was laid off work yes , but other than that I've lived my life just like I did before. I visit friends or they me , I go to the store when ever I need anything , I go to restaurants to eat though its take out its the same principle . The roads stayed busy with cars etc etc etc

Where do you live NYC? Very different where I live near Portland...streets are bare and most of us have been home for 3 weeks with almost zero outside contract other than Costco maybe once per week.

You are also most likely younger and my neighbors that are past 60 have truly isolated themselves.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Sweden has the same numbers and they didn't have a lockdown. All numbers will go down now as the flu season is over.
In short. No, the incarceration of free people did not work and caused untold damage.

time.com...

Sweden's Relaxed Approach to the Coronavirus Could Already Be Backfiring

Sweden has a relatively high case fatality rate: as of April 8, 7.68% of the Swedes who have tested positive for COVID-19 have died of the virus. Neighboring countries, like Norway and Denmark, have case fatality rates of 1.46% and 3.85% respectively.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

There's not much "luck" to consider. Either this is horrifically over-hyped, or we had it run through back in January already, when people were last ill in large numbers. Choose one or the other, because for this to be as virulent as claimed, one of those two logically must apply.

When was the last time we all worked from home, social distancing, shut down anything not seen as crucial or created group gatherings, washed our hands more than 2 times a day etc etc...

These are all points we have no data on as how effective it has been, and it might have been extremely effective.

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I was laid off work yes , but other than that I've lived my life just like I did before. I visit friends or they me , I go to the store when ever I need anything , I go to restaurants to eat though its take out its the same principle . The roads stayed busy with cars etc etc etc

Where do you live NYC? Very different where I live near Portland...streets are bare and most of us have been home for 3 weeks with almost zero outside contract other than Costco maybe once per week.

You are also most likely younger and my neighbors that are past 60 have truly isolated themselves.

Portland eh, Yea I'm sure you guys are complying.
Just playing , but no not NYC here .
edit on 9-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Portland eh, Yea I'm sure you guys are complying.

Its literary a ghost town...nothing open at all. I'm surprised the food carts are not open as they are carryout...

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

And where is here ? I'm assuming New-york.

Indiana .

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
As a side note for Portland... just try and get within 6 feet of another person, talk about the new social taboo here. Even in Costco you better keep your distances or expect some crazy Portlander to freak out on you.

edit on 9-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

it's so funny watching people that turn the corner in a isle and they just stop like deer in headlights when they see they are to close to you . The 6 feet thing is total bull considering a sneeze or cough travels like 30 feet and lingers in the air .

edit on 4/9/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join