It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$25,000 for Essential Workers "Heroes Fund"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What would the math on this be like? I guess there aren't any numbers on roughly how many essential workers we have times 25,000.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm an essential employee, but wouldn't this money be in better hands with all of the nonesential workers they have put out of work with this bogus crap?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
I'm an essential employee, but wouldn't this money be in better hands with all of the nonesential workers they have put out of work with this bogus crap?

They get 1200 we get 25000 while still getting paid.

Yeah, go figure. . . .

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: Schmoe11It's not a god damn war zone, it does not warrant hazard pay from federal coffers, FFS.

It kind of is, to include bodybags filling up and a fully uniform to go on the front lines...

and besides, would you rather have your money spent trying to stimulate a floundering economy, or I don't know, some of the thousands of other utter BS the government would spend that money on otherwise.

just buy local with the money and all will be good. we are gonna be paying it back over time anyhow...every year for the rest of our lives actually.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, go figure. . . .

Agreed with this (to show I see both sides)

More trickle down economics I guess

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Here they go again placing people into columns and categories all for the sake of "equality" 🥶

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Schmoe11

As an essential worker, I say hell no.

This is the Fluffy Kitten Bill.

Inside of Fluffy Kitten Bills, you have a 25,000 gift, but it will also say that congress can take away guns, cheat at elections and deny free speech.

But if you're against it. . . . then you hate (Fluffy) essential workers.

Like I've said before, go away government!

Your obvious cheating is obvious.

Little do they know, 5k of that will go towards said guns/ammo for when they come to take them lol

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I haven’t missed a single day of work since this started so why would I need more money? Isn’t my paycheck enough?
Yeah it sounds awesome, give us “free” money, except it’s never free.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Yeah, go figure. . . .

The unemployed pissants don't deserve more than that, I guess. Regardless of whether or not their employment status was their fault, they should just sit down, suck it up, shut up and be grateful for the pittance, right? The employed just so happened to pick jobs the government likes, so guess who's going to get buttered up.

It's a bold in-your-face example of the government stepping in and deciding what jobs are worthwhile AND worth bribe money, and which aren't. It ain't capitalism anymore, folks.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If the only item in the entire bill was to give truckkers, grocery workers, low paid hospital workers 25K, then I'd be for it.

They deserve it.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It isn't capitalism if government gets to determine the "means" of production.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

It isn't capitalism if government gets to determine the "means" of production.

I know, but try getting that through the heads of the eager cheerleaders of this mess. When you accept the government doing the picking and choosing, you're already on the wrong side of history.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm not employed by anyone for what I consider essential; Helping the elderly blind and disabled people in my village with their daily chores, shopping, medication and cooking on a volunteer basis. The county has discontinued this "caregiver" service for the time being.
My GF and I decided that somebody has to do it. We don't expect to get paid, we love our community.
edit on 8-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Its as if they forgot tons of people out there are now put out of work by the government. Our bills didn’t stop and the unemployment max even with the 600/wk add on doesn’t come close to making up our wages for a good majority of us that have developed our career. Some businesses won’t reopen and what about those people that literally was put out of work because government played favorites with businesses. But hey, let’s just throw money at McDonalds employees because yeah they’re the shining light of our country right now. What a joke.
edit on 8-4-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
My wife is still working, she has been deemed "essential"
I told her not to let that go to her head.....

Does she deserve a 25k check for just doing her job...

Uhh.. Hell mother effin no. This is ridiculous, they really are trying to bankrupt this country...

We can't even afford the 3 trillion we just spent, and now they're already wanting another 1 or 2 trillion...

SMH...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

a reply to: Schmoe11It's not a god damn war zone, it does not warrant hazard pay from federal coffers, FFS.

just buy local with the money and all will be good. we are gonna be paying it back over time anyhow...every year for the rest of our lives actually.

I've been biting my tongue on responding to this post, but let's get real. Exactly WHAT local businesses are we supposed to support with that? Oh, a handful of tightly leashed restaurants and what, the local Junkmart, Meijer or Target? That's not exactly helping local businesses (aside from Meijer, which is HQ'd locally here) -- they're mass merch corporations that got special treatment over the little guys.

I'd RATHER that money be spent on the places like the local salon -- my daughters have been looking forward to their annual spring haircuts for a while now (because even I don't wish my "mom cuts" on others) But we can't because they were ordered closed.
I'd love to browse the local thrift shops for some new spring clothes for both me and the kids, but I can't because they were ordered closed.
I'd love to hit up my local gardening store and get pots, soil, and plants for the pots and landscaping this year, but I can't because they were ordered closed.
I'd love to take the fam damily to the go-kart course or a putt-putt golf joint, but I can't because they were ordered closed.

This money won't help local businesses if they can't operate at all. It'll line some corporate pockets at best. It's damn sure not helping the little indie stores that are struggling to not take their final dying gasps while waiting and waiting for something to change in their favor. Open these places back up, and then we can start talking about actually "buying local".

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I've been biting my tongue on responding to this post, but let's get real. Exactly WHAT local businesses are we supposed to support with that? Oh, a handful of tightly leashed restaurants and what, the local Junkmart, Meijer or Target? That's not exactly helping local businesses (aside from Meijer, which is HQ'd locally here) -- they're mass merch corporations that got special treatment over the little guys.

I'd RATHER that money be spent on the places like the local salon -- my daughters have been looking forward to their annual spring haircuts for a while now (because even I don't wish my "mom cuts" on others) But we can't because they were ordered closed.
I'd love to browse the local thrift shops for some new spring clothes for both me and the kids, but I can't because they were ordered closed.
I'd love to hit up my local gardening store and get pots, soil, and plants for the pots and landscaping this year, but I can't because they were ordered closed.
I'd love to take the fam damily to the go-kart course or a putt-putt golf joint, but I can't because they were ordered closed.

This money won't help local businesses if they can't operate at all. It'll line some corporate pockets at best. It's damn sure not helping the little indie stores that are struggling to not take their final dying gasps while waiting and waiting for something to change in their favor. Open these places back up, and then we can start talking about actually "buying local".

True
Get some gift cards and go on etsy for some fine crafts and such.
amazon also (did you know most of the amazon stock is made by makers and creators here in the US)
etc
there are tens of thousands of websites out there all promoting businesses in country, perhaps even in your hometown, perhaps even on your very street. You don't need a brick and mortor to buy local in many things.

As far as opening up the local shops...that will happen once the national emergency is over. No need for grandma to die so you can get some used tupperware or whatever

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Schmoe11
So House Democrats proposed a $25,000 stimulus for each essential worker. My first thought was this is just the Democrats trying to make the Republicans look bad by naming it the "Heroes Fund" so when it gets shot down, they can say oh look, the Republicans don't care about those risking their lives!

I'm currently working as an essential employee, I'm very grateful I can do that for my family, but I also feel the economy has been tanked enough.

www.google.com...

www.google.com...

The problem is who decides who an essential employee is? I work in the OR and have already had contact with 5 Covid patients. One that they didnt know had it and wasn't wearing a mask....100 bucks says my hospital would call me no essential though

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
the $25K 'bonus' is just another ploy to //keep the Dollar viable and in Demand//

instead of untrustworthy or perceived as bankrupt & gaining a 'No Confidence' reputation in the Global Community

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

originally posted by: Schmoe11
So House Democrats proposed a $25,000 stimulus for each essential worker. My first thought was this is just the Democrats trying to make the Republicans look bad by naming it the "Heroes Fund" so when it gets shot down, they can say oh look, the Republicans don't care about those risking their lives!

I'm currently working as an essential employee, I'm very grateful I can do that for my family, but I also feel the economy has been tanked enough.

www.google.com...

www.google.com...

The problem is who decides who an essential employee is? I work in the OR and have already had contact with 5 Covid patients. One that they didnt know had it and wasn't wearing a mask....100 bucks says my hospital would call me no essential though

The way I took it, it seemed like all employees currently working at or for government-deemed essential businesses would get it.

If you're not essential, being in direct contact with patients, nobody should be.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join