It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$25,000 for Essential Workers "Heroes Fund"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So House Democrats proposed a $25,000 stimulus for each essential worker. My first thought was this is just the Democrats trying to make the Republicans look bad by naming it the "Heroes Fund" so when it gets shot down, they can say oh look, the Republicans don't care about those risking their lives!

I'm currently working as an essential employee, I'm very grateful I can do that for my family, but I also feel the economy has been tanked enough.

www.google.com...

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe11

As slow as the federal and state governments are moving with getting funds from the past emergency bills out to consumers/workers, this "Hero's Fund" will need to be renamed the "Thank-you Heroes for Getting Us Thru Covid-19" fund.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Lol, wut.

My husband's an "essential worker" due to the company he works for being in the medical manufacturing field, but this is utter frivolous BS. It's not a god damn war zone, it does not warrant hazard pay from federal coffers, FFS.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Are my electricians and plumbers essential workers?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Being an essential I would love to see this pass.
Every day I go to work hoping I don't touch my face, or breath the same air as someone who might have c19.

I never thought I would have to worry about such things.
I work in a grocery store for christ sake.
Who would of thought?!

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

not sure about electricians, or new construction plumbers. but service related plumbers hell yea, got to be able to flush all that GD azz wipin.

edit on 8-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well some “essential workers” are trapped in low wage jobs, and people need to stop romanticizing it.

It’s a choice being made because they couldn’t survive otherwise.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

As an essential worker, I say hell no.

This is the Fluffy Kitten Bill.

Inside of Fluffy Kitten Bills, you have a 25,000 gift, but it will also say that congress can take away guns, cheat at elections and deny free speech.

But if you're against it. . . . then you hate (Fluffy) essential workers.

Like I've said before, go away government!

Your obvious cheating is obvious.
edit on 8-4-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I think the big picture on this is politicians are wanting to prevent an imagine boondoggle like the one concerning the 9/11 first responders. Other words cover, their butts.

How about nixing the payment. And setting up a found for First Responders that may develop serious and on going health problems down the road.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Lol, wut.

My husband's an "essential worker" due to the company he works for being in the medical manufacturing field, but this is utter frivolous BS. It's not a god damn war zone, it does not warrant hazard pay from federal coffers, FFS.

My thoughts exactly. I doubt it'll pass, seems like a setup for the Dems to say "See? They don't care about you either!"

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm "essential" and would be pissed if they passed this. We dont need another colossal waste of money. We need to get the country back to work.

edit on 8-4-2020 by FauxMulder because: Keyboard needs a stimulus

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Trying to buy votes. I think making this political is evil.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Being an essential I would love to see this pass.
Every day I go to work hoping I don't touch my face, or breath the same air as someone who might have c19.

I never thought I would have to worry about such things.
I work in a grocery store for christ sake.
Who would of thought?!

I feel for anyone whose job it is to deal with the general public right now, even in general lol.

I work for a company that provides parts for the medical, military, and aerospace industries. We've had one employee get the virus from a family member, but I'm still completely fine with coming to work. I feel lucky, I don't know how it would have went had I not been able to work for a month or two.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You referring to those that think doctors make too much money off sick people? Now they get a bonus?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Trying to buy votes. I think making this political is evil.

Agreed. Seems like they're trying to save face after they looked like idiots for putting their own wishes into the original counterproposal. Can we just drain the swamp ourselves please?

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If they wanted to do something actually beneficial (but which no Democrat EVER would consider since they simply must tax every cent at some point) they should place a moratorium on income taxation until this is over. That way anyone who is presently working, essential or otherwise, sees equal benefit from it. Hell, if they wish they can feel free to cap it to the first $200,000 adjusted annual salary mark.

The point there would be that it would yield the same net result... and it wouldn't be a one-time thing, but something that would help workers out every payday. It also would be a little more comparable to the ridiculous $600 a week federal unemployment benefit the feds tacked onto each state's UI coverage. We now actually do have "essential" workers out there humping and getting less per hour than the average unemployment recipient, which is asinine.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is nothing more than a "please vote for us, we'll pay you" bill.

What a #ing joke.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
This is nothing more than a "please vote for us, we'll pay you" bill.

What a #ing joke.

They're not even trying anymore.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Sure, if your toilet is broken.

posted on Apr, 8 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If I didn't laugh at the stupidity of our leaders I'd go insane, possibly berserk.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join